cook needs to learn how to block

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

iced

hopefully getting less snap counts will inspire him...i'm starting to think that we overpaid..you expect a tight end to be able to block,and not being able to is going to change our effectiveness and play calling.

you know he's not going to block in line - and with the way they ran the ball, he was off the field..granted the td to kendricks was a good run fake w/out cook on the field,i can't help but think how much more open he would be..and how it would affect the run and pass game.

startin to think maybe kendricks should be #1 since he's the most well rounded

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Yeah he's basically a big slot WR at this point. Funny thing is that the TD play Kendricks scored on was Cook's TD play in week 1. May not have work if Cook would've been in because the D may have backed off a bit.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
I wouldn't even expect him to pass block, just line him up at WR and use him as such. If they are trying to cover him with a LB one on one, then you throw it his way every time.

…..

Legend
WR's need to block too.......so if he wants to be paid as a W/R, maybe he should try a little blocking.

Evidently we're finding out the hard (see-expensive) way as to why he didnt get as many looks in Tennessee.

We've heard alot about players missing assignments, players not being where they were supposed to be, lack of execution. We've even heard it from the players. So If you read into THIS particular mini drama surrounding Cook and his sudden dissapearence from the stat sheet, then maybe theres something inside the locker room that we wouldnt normally know.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I was lukewarm about signing him, but was excited @ the same time b/c of the physical talent he's got. The label he had was underachiever and I really hope he can get rid of that. Outside the 1st game, he seems to fit it.

iced

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
The sad thing is if Cook actually would put in the effort to be an all around TE, it dramatically changes the offense for us and him.. but as long as he's one dimensional, it'll help tip the defense

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
Or the Rams could just stop putting him in key blocking situations like on the outside edge for Austin

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Username said:
Or the Rams could just stop putting him in key blocking situations like on the outside edge for Austin
Won't make him any less garbage at blocking, and if he can't block he can't get in.. Which makes him useless.

He can't help us on the sideline, but he can't help not knowing how to block either. Cook has to step up.

EastRam

Pro Bowler
How can a man that big and that fast not know how to put his pads on a D?

Crazy and Lazy.

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
After all the years Cook has played football I doubt it has anything to do with not knowing how to block and more to do with effort. He doesn't even look like he's trying sometimes.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
There's no way to sugarcoat it ... he's a liability as a run blocker right now. And it's kind of an anomaly, believe it or not. All throughout his career, he graded about average as a run blocker. Nothing great, but nothing bad. This year is an entirely different story though. Bad across the board. I wonder if he's just bowed up with the new scheme or somethin'. He should get better if you're into that whole "the past is the best predictor of the future" thing.