Contract Status of Rams Offensive Linemen

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RFIP

Contract Status of Rams Offensive Linemen
• By Don Reed

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/foot...cle_35301e09-9c02-59ff-a158-c2f52f058383.html

Contract status of Rams offensive linemen:

G/T Rodger SaffoldPending unrestricted free agent

G Chris WilliamsPending unrestricted free agent

G Shelley SmithPending unrestricted free agent

C Tim BarnesPending exclusive rights free agent (x)

T Sean HooeySigned to offseason roster (y)

T Jake LongSigned through 2016

G/C Barrett JonesSigned through 2016

C Scott WellsSigned through 2015

G Harvey DahlSigned through 2014

T Joe BarksdaleSigned through 2014

T Mike PersonSigned through 2014

G Brandon WashingtonSigned through 2014

(x) Rams can retain Barnes by making qualifying offer.

(y) Hooey was on 2013 practice squad.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I know you're a big fan of Watkins, RFIP... And I feel the vibe too...

But this post reminds me how much work we have for this line, or Sam won't survive and this offense goes nowhere.

RFIP

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I know you're a big fan of Watkins, RFIP... And I feel the vibe too...

But this post reminds me how much work we have for this line, or Sam won't survive and this offense goes nowhere.

Saffold is the key. IF he re-signs they will be fine with him and Barksdale at T till Long gets back, then Roger goes to G along side Wells at C and Jones at other G. They obviously like this Person too. I think Dahl is gone or reduced, which I'm fine either way with.

I seriously am not worried about the OL, Fisher never drafts them in first round and has almost always had good OL's....and I am a BIG believer in coach Bou.

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
Till Long gets back? Man I hope the Rams aren't thinking he's coming back to play LT in the NFL at a high level again. I think it would be foolish to count on that happening. They need a good solid plan B.

RFIP

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Till Long gets back? Man I hope the Rams aren't thinking he's coming back to play LT in the NFL at a high level again. I think it would be foolish to count on that happening. They need a good solid plan B.

LOL, you think he's DONE? Friend this isn't 1960, its'...well it's 2014 now here in the east but I digress, he'll be back at LT next year barring a botched surgery.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

I understand the concern; but for an olinemen he's got a very good chance being ready for 2014.

I'd like a contingency plan, of course, but he's 100% in my plans for week one 2014.

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
LOL, you think he's DONE? Friend this isn't 1960, its'...well it's 2014 now here in the east but I digress, he'll be back at LT next year barring a botched surgery.

I think there is a good chance he doesn't come back at the level he was. I think there is an even better chance he goes down again. Rams need to plan him out of the future. He won't hold up.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
This list shows a long over do unit that needs a rebuild over the next couple of years. Being good enough on the O line is not how to build a perennial winning franchise. Take a look around at those teams that are winners year in and year out one of the things they have is a dominant O line. NE, Pittsburgh, now SF, Seattle, Indy when Manning was there, the Rams when they were the GSOT.

It takes a dominant O line to be a dominant offense. Good enough is not good enough for this squad. WR can be good enough as part of a good offense.

Last edited by a moderator: