Consistent OL Play Away from Playoff Team

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Philly5

Rookie
All we need to figure out for 2015 is the OL. What are we doing with Long, Barksdale, Joseph, and Wells. Are there replacements and how long does it take for them to mesh?

If we decided to go primarily with Bradford (if healthy) and Hill we would be good enough at QB. We could still use talent at DB, but what we have seems good enough, especially plugging in Barron. WR is solid, as long as Britt is resigned.

Consider the opponents, but the Defense looks like it turned the corner.

Jumava1968

Starter
Name
Jumava
This defense has arrived and here to stay they won't be the problem next year.The offense is where we will sink or swim,fixing the o-line is crucial regardless of which QB is back there.And if it is Bradford we need to draft a QB early to at least start learning the system just in case.We have a ton of talent on this team and I would hate to see another year wasted because we were not prepared. Having said that IMHO if Bradford stays healthy all year and we plug a couple of holes on the o-line we will be Super Bowl bound.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I hope the Rams sign a Center (preferably Wisniewski) and then they just really need a guard or possibly a RT if Barksdale leaves. I expect he will leave because someone out there will offer him too much money.

But if they can reduce their Oline need down to one position like Guard then they should be able to acquire one without much trouble in the draft. However if they trade up for a QB then second round pick probably goes in that deal. So, they need to get it down to only needed one piece on the line.

However I don't expect a trade up for a QB. I have read one of Hammers posts on the other site about who the Rams are scouting and while it seems they are really looking at QBs they also seem to be scouting teams with very good WRs. I don't know if this means anything. Maybe they just scout everyone and the ones reported are all that we get news on. But, supposedly Quicks injury is worse than most fans think. I wouldn't argue with a first round WR. There are some very good ones in this draft and picking from a strength in the draft is always smart. IF the Rams stick to the BPA system that they used last season then a WR easily could be a BPA when they choose.... But a dominant guard would be sweet to go with a FA Center.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
All we need to figure out for 2015 is the OL. What are we doing with Long, Barksdale, Joseph, and Wells. Are there replacements and how long does it take for them to mesh?

If we decided to go primarily with Bradford (if healthy) and Hill we would be good enough at QB. We could still use talent at DB, but what we have seems good enough, especially plugging in Barron. WR is solid, as long as Britt is resigned.

Consider the opponents, but the Defense looks like it turned the corner.
Aside from the O-Line, we still need depth in the LB department!

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Aside from the O-Line, we still need depth in the LB department!

Depth yes but a starter no. The Rams have only two Linebackers on the field for most of the game. Dunbar could be depth behind JL. Otherwise one more decent LBer could fill out the D.

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
I am not a huge Barksdale fan, bec I don't think he is tenacious or physical, but for continuity he is probably good to keep. I hope they draft a Zach Martin-Joe Bodonio type he can plug and play at left guard....

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I have really been thinking on drafting Brandon Scherf...Guy is a monster, let him have RT....Even if we re-sign Barksdale, & move him to RG.....Still not sure what happens at C....Any chance we can grab a good one after drafting a QB in the 2nd? I like Cam Irving...Hey, if I'm dreaming might as well dream big....And I still want DGB....maybe he falls.....and we can snag him in the 5th....

RamzFanz

Damnit
Quick's shoulder is decimated. Rams can't count him in, and playing at the same level, until they get a chance to see him later. Britt is a one and done unless they come to terms. Rams could very well need WR help next season and it probably can't be a rookie unless there's a Watkins or Beckham out there somewhere.

My guess is Britt will be very happy to stay right where he is for another season if he gets a fair offer. Fisher is his savior and he's going to get a shot at stardom next season if Bradford's back.

If they grab vets for the O line, I hope they grab good young ones.