Connor Shaw Cut by Browns/Signed to practice squad

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

…..

Legend
Its in our best interests to continue to develop the guys we have, unless we think Gilbert just wont ever make it.

If any move is made for a QB, expect some experience to relegate Davis to the PS and realease Gilbert.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
And Fletcher.

But, point made by CGI. This guy didn't even make his own squad.

There weren't a whole lot of reps to go around at QB for the Browns. I think this might be a guy that slipped through the cracks. The fans sure as hell liked him.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Its in our best interests to continue to develop the guys we have, unless we think Gilbert just wont ever make it.

If any move is made for a QB, expect some experience to relegate Davis to the PS and realease Gilbert.
I think we will have 3 qbs on the 53.
We currently have two.
I think we may cut a rd or te to make room for the 3rd qb

fancents86

Starter
When Bradford went down last year, we picked up Davis and Quinn. I don't see why they don't look for a third option at qb. Or maybe they're hoping for Gilbert to still be there if they need him?

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
If we sign him, we have to put him on the 53, correct? A kid right out of college without the benefit of even a mini-camp w/ the Rams? I hope we sign a vet QB. Great potential, though... but I'm not sure we can just put him in the PS, I think he has to make the team if he's signed.
Actually, that's only if you take a player off another team's PS. It's possible, if Shaw clears waivers, that he could be added to our PS. Remember, waiver claims are usually in favor of teams with higher Draft numbers.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Actually, that's only if you take a player off another team's PS. It's possible, if Shaw clears waivers, that he could be added to our PS. Remember, waiver claims are usually in favor of teams with higher Draft numbers.
Would we get the Skins #2 Pick when picking from Waivers?

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Right...guys claimed off waivers now (before the Sunday deadline) would be put on the 53. After Sunday, guys can be signed to ANY Practice Squad.

I'd expect teams to add very few to their 53 immediately and wait for Sunday to sign folks. But then again, I just lost a million ROD bucks, so what do I know?

Rambition

Rookie
i do like him...very intriguing development. probably will be a number of teams wanting him. at the same time, i feel gilbert has good potential, too. will be interesting to see what happens.

Rambition

Rookie
Would like to sign him as well but he probably will get snatched up before we get our chance and I'm guessing the Rams have something in the works to get a veteran QB.
if it's an "either/or" matter--either a vet or another developmental/rookie--it might make more sense for the rams to go with getting a vet at this point.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
He's no threat to Hoyer and Manziel? I would think anyone would be a threat to a rookie and a barely played starter who both sucked royally in preseason.