Connor Barwin visiting Rams HC today

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This would be another great signing. He's good in coverage and against the run especially if he's playing behind Brockers on the left side. Still a good pass rusher especially with Quinnand Donald attracting most of the attention.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Rams continue lookin to take the edge off their need positions. Once again for these types of dudes just don't overpay too much.

GabesHorn

GRACE AND TRUTH
Lock him up. Just the thought of Barwin teaching our core guys the in's and outs of this "D" would be so important in speeding up our growth in this defense. The leadership on offense and defense with his addition is beyond anything we've seen in forever. I think the weather and grass over playing in Philly would be so beneficial for his health and he has been so special on my sons team as I'm forced to watch them. Love his hardcore approach. I have no clue as to his level of health except am not aware of any lingering problems. The market has not been busting down his door and he may be asking more then I'm afraid we are willing to spend.

To be so lucky to obtain Groy late this weekend or on Monday and add Barwin is beyond a dream FA'cy period. Would hate to see Barwin on any NFC West rival. Money not being spent this FA as it has been in past seasons and I also want us to continue to smarten up after the TJ offer. I can see both sides of the deal and I hope a miracle trade can be pulled off as we won't have him next season and this season is a get to know the system year while Jared Goff gets up to speed behind a very safe offensive line.

I also know Romo was hurt officially behind the best OL in the NFL. As freak an injury as it was. If only our draft could even be better than free agency. Back to Barwin as a starter opposite Quinn and as legit as that would be. I just hope we can get help to be able to rotate for both of these guys as we can extend their careers if we can draft or acquire depth at that position. I see no real threats on the team right now. This is my belief that this position is what makes this defense so dangerous. This position is so key along with the NT spot where I'd like to see more depth. So hopefull with the future of our OL's health and progress to reality. Gonna be exciting.Barwin has not missed a game since 2011.

I'm not holding my breath as we really near an almost mind blowing beginning to an offseason that only comes close to "GSOT" days. Let the Great Times keep rolling. Would love a TJ trade with that extra money to fill spots. GO RAMS:yess:

Last edited:

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Please don't let him leave. He would be an AMAZING addition to this defense. Great character guy as well. He did a lot of great community work while in Philly.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Barwin would be a very nice add. He's still a solid to good player at worst, and he's a great locker room guy.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
As long as this is a short term, front loaded, reasonably priced contract, Barwin could very well be a nice addition. Excellent in the locker room & community, could be a great mentor to a young draftee, but we should also keep in mind that he rated a tie at #100 (PFF) out of 109 graded LB'ers last season, and will be 31 years old prior to opening day. He isn't done, but his best days are likely behind him. jmo.

ramsplaya16

The One and Only
As long as this is a short term, front loaded, reasonably priced contract, Barwin could very well be a nice addition. Excellent in the locker room & community, could be a great mentor to a young draftee, but we should also keep in mind that he rated a tie at #100 (PFF) out of 109 graded LB'ers last season, and will be 31 years old prior to opening day. He isn't done, but his best days are likely behind him. jmo.

I agree with the front loaded but I disagree with you saying his best days are behind him. If I recall, Philly moved to a 4-3 defense and he is misplaced in those as sort of a tweener, his skill set is best based off of a 3-4 rushing LBer rather than a 4-3 DE or LB. he had his best two years under wade 11.5 & 14.5 sacks in 2011 and 2013 I believe off the top of my head. He can still do some damage and his leadership with these young guys trying to get used to this defense would be huge. Plus it would give us a little more freedom in the draft to go BPA rather then reach for a need

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Two problems with the pff rating well one really. He didn't play OLB last year. Philly had transitioned from a 3-4 to a 4-3 and according to Iggles fans he was at DE last year. He's very miss cast as a 4-3 end yet still managed 6 sacks. I agree we don't need a long term deal but he might get 4 years from us.

André

Always far too invested
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I think this is an important note: we would be getting more 2014 James Laurinitis than 2016 Dont'a Hightower here ...

Not saying the analogy is apples to apples, but it does speak to stage of career.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Two problems with the pff rating well one really. He didn't play OLB last year. Philly had transitioned from a 3-4 to a 4-3 and according to Iggles fans he was at DE last year. He's very miss cast as a 4-3 end yet still managed 6 sacks. I agree we don't need a long term deal but he might get 4 years from us.

PFF's grades are terrible. But yea, it is funny that they rated him as a LB when he played RDE.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I agree with the front loaded but I disagree with you saying his best days are behind him. If I recall, Philly moved to a 4-3 defense and he is misplaced in those as sort of a tweener, his skill set is best based off of a 3-4 rushing LBer rather than a 4-3 DE or LB. he had his best two years under wade 11.5 & 14.5 sacks in 2011 and 2013 I believe off the top of my head. He can still do some damage and his leadership with these young guys trying to get used to this defense would be huge. Plus it would give us a little more freedom in the draft to go BPA rather then reach for a need
Agree on probably being misused on a 4-3, but his run defense & pass rush scores were remarkably low, and big post 30 years of age contracts often come back to bite. Just saying i'd prefer this signing consider present circumstances and not place too high of expectations on him.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I have no problem with 4 years so long as the final two aren't basically guaranteed with a high 'dead CAP' hit. jmo.

Last edited:

JIMERAMS

Pro Bowler
Name
Bill
PFF really? he was a DE last year not a LB. this guy still has it ill take him any day of the weak.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Barwin might be only a 2 year "solution", but right now his experience in a 3-4 and leadership seems quite valuable.

Give him a front loaded contract and put him in his natural position and it's a win-win situation, I'm thinking.

Not unlike Whit being only a likely 2 year "fix", himself. But it could be a helluva 2 years.

Both players would buy us 2 years to find replacements in the drafts.

Barwin makes a ton of sense to me, if he's interested.

I really like the way this staff thinks.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I have no problem with 4 years so long as the final two aren't basically guaranteed with a high 'dead CAP' hit. jmo.
Shouldn't be a problem since KD and most of the NFL don't do contracts like that.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Shouldn't be a problem since KD and most of the NFL don't do contracts like that.

I was thinking more like Garcon coming with a $7.mil dead cap hit year 3 of his contract or a $5.mil dead money CAP hit year 4.