Compensatory Draft Picks 2015!?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

manmaderam

The one and only
I was just chilling here wondering. Does anyone know/think we will be awarded any compensatory picks fir this upcoming draft?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yes. We only signed Hill, Carrington, and Joseph so we'll likely get comp picks for Chris Williams, Shelley Smith, and Kellen Clemens.

My best guess is that we'll get something like a 6th and a 7th. But I don't know the formula well.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yes. We only signed Hill, Carrington, and Joseph so we'll likely get comp picks for Chris Williams, Shelley Smith, and Kellen Clemens.

My best guess is that we'll get something like a 6th and a 7th. But I don't know the formula well.

Well, they hold the formula secret, so nobody outside of the NFL HQ knows the formula well.

However, some things are known. Only players who had played out their previous contract count - not if they were released. Joseph had been cut, so he doesn't count. Other things that seem to matter is net players gained, size of contracts, playing time their first year, and any awards won.

I'm guessing the Rams will get a 7th. The big thing is that they didn't lose anybody to a huge contract, so that limits the level of draft pick, and they lost only slightly more free agents (if your list is correct) than they signed. Slight chance they'd get a 6th instead of a 7th, since Chris Williams and Shelley Smith got overpaid, but I wouldn't hold my breath on that.