Comments I've seen in the last week

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
A - I remember when I was in Florida when I was young kid , someone asked me if I spoke American.. I said no... English ;)

B - I'll drop various hints of sarcasm in there as well, just to give it a further edge and confuse a few people

Jolly Good.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
My two worst stadiums:

Candlestick park where the wind whipped off the bay and left you frozen. If you survived an extra-innings game there you were awarded a Croix de Candlestick button. It was amusing though to watch the trajectory of the ball in the wind.

Oakland Coliseum was a place were you took your life in your hands getting in and out of there. And if you were at a Raiders game it was just as dangerous in the stadium. Once at an A's game Billy Martin threatened to come in the stands and beat up my buddies and me. :)

AZRamsFan93

A. We don't have accents - strangely, we are the only people in the world who don't.

B. While you will likely sound smarter to us on most subjects in your natural voice (why we mistake a British accent for increased intelligence is for another thread) - in football, I think it backfires on you. Even hearing the word "football" in a British accent would make me think that you were talking about soccer.

C. I have no third point (or even a first or second one), but if I am going to have A and B, it kind of feels necessary to have a C.
While there are segments of the USA that have no accent and speak "General American English" (think of a TV news reader), MANY Americans have heavy accents (Boston, New York, upper Midwest, the south).

OC_Ram

Restricted Free Agent
Post dispatch has "troll talk " running 24/7 for those who need to vent.

fearsomefour

Legend
My two worst stadiums:

Candlestick park where the wind whipped off the bay and left you frozen. If you survived an extra-innings game there you were awarded a Croix de Candlestick button. It was amusing though to watch the trajectory of the ball in the wind.

Oakland Coliseum was a place were you took your life in your hands getting in and out of there. And if you were at a Raiders game it was just as dangerous in the stadium. Once at an A's game Billy Martin threatened to come in the stands and beat up my buddies and me. :)
I still go to Oakland on a regular basis. Drive in and drive out and all will be well. My son, who is a teenager, has made several trips on his own there. Same instruction, straight in and out and you'll be fine.
Been to several Raider games and have never had any issues. A's games (and fans) are a blast in my existence. The stadium is old and falling apart but the A's games are fun.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
I still go to Oakland on a regular basis. Drive in and drive out and all will be well. My son, who is a teenager, has made several trips on his own there. Same instruction, straight in and out and you'll be fine.
Been to several Raider games and have never had any issues. A's games (and fans) are a blast in my existence. The stadium is old and falling apart but the A's games are fun.

Got to see McGwire and Canseco blast many home runs in that stadium. Had a girlfriend from Boston, back in the day, who would drag me to every Red Sox game in that venue. Every time I hear Steely Dan's 'Hey Nineteen' it reminds me of those days. :sneaky:

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
When I'm in SF I can walk to Giant's stadium. But I still prefer to BART over to Oakland and sit with real fans while watching the A's. Best record in baseball, baby!!!