Comments I've seen in the last week

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PhxRam

This thread SHOULD be deleted.

I am going to chalk up the OP as being senile and vitamin deficient.

Another retarded post like this and consider yourself good as gone.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Are you being serious?

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh

Okay, I slept on it, and I agree that it would be best if this thread is deleted. I wanted to make a point, but the post, especially the subject line, disparages the forum.

All too often I get pissed-off by the negatvity that I read here. In the last week I've read some form of each complaint that I listed in the O.P.. My goal was to assemble all of these "points" into a single thread, so that the negativity could be highlighted, featured, realized and perhaps better modulated [by all of us].

We've finally got a team that has the chance to achieve greatness starting this season or next, and I can't beleive I'm still reading these kinds of complaints. While I am trying very hard to curb my own enthusiasm, I'm certainly not looking for criticisms, and I'm incredulous that other can even find them.

Okay, point made. The good news there were 7-likes (so far) of the O.P. and no "inappropriates". So, it obviously wan't seen too negatively by the community. But delete away.

P.S. Ain't no way this man's human body is vitamin deficient, just not possible.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Okay, I slept on it, and I agree that it would be best if this thread is deleted. I wanted to make a point, but the post, especially the subject line, disparages the forum.

All too often I get pissed-off by the negatvity that I read here. In the last week I've read some form of each complaint that I listed in the O.P.. My goal was to assemble all of these "points" into a single thread, so that the negativity could be highlighted, featured, realized and perhaps better modulated [by all of us].

We've finally got a team that has the chance to achieve greatness starting this season or next, and I can't beleive I'm still reading these kinds of complaints. While I am trying very hard to curb my own enthusiasm, I'm certainly not looking for criticisms, and I'm incredulous that other can even find them.

Okay, point made. The good news there were 7-likes (so far) of the O.P. and no "inappropriates". So, it obviously wan't seen too negatively by the community. But delete away.

P.S. Ain't no way this man's human body is vitamin deficient, just not possible.
I haven't read (on here) that any of those guys "suck." If people want to point out what they perceive to be early flaws in their game, based on one preseason game, then that's their prerogative I suppose. We're all experts in our own eyes.

In the end, this forum would be better served if people could just remember this one simple truth. We're arguably the largest independently owned Rams board for a reason. Because petty bullshit arguing and finger pointing takes a backseat to the health and welfare of this community.

That was a good example of what I mean Stranger, but it's almost nullified by your OP. In the future, maybe explain to other posters why you think they're wrong or premature in their assessments on an individual basis instead of portraying to the world that the whole forum is a bunch of Debbie Downers.

Because I'm certainly not one.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
New seats (in Ram blue), better turf, less sterility, more winning. That last bit is important.

There is nothing wrong with the turf. Not sure if you have ever been on the field, but that field turf is as good at it gets. It might not be aesthetically pleasing to the eye on TV, but its a very good surface to play on (as artificial surfaces go)

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
There is nothing wrong with the turf. Not sure if you have ever been on the field, but that field turf is as good at it gets. It might not be aesthetically pleasing to the eye on TV, but its a very good surface to play on (as artificial surfaces go)
Not in many years. I used to go on it semi-regularly (sideline videographer and the occasional marching band thing). If the new turf is good, I'll take you at your word. I remember the old astroturf carpet of cementy death.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
I haven't read (on here) that any of those guys "suck." If people want to point out what they perceive to be early flaws in their game, based on one preseason game, then that's their prerogative I suppose. We're all experts in our own eyes.

In the end, this forum would be better served if people could just remember this one simple truth. We're arguably the largest independently owned Rams board for a reason. Because petty bullcrap arguing and finger pointing takes a backseat to the health and welfare of this community.

That was a good example of what I mean Stranger, but it's almost nullified by your OP. In the future, maybe explain to other posters why you think they're wrong or premature in their assessments on an individual basis instead of portraying to the world that the whole forum is a bunch of Debbie Downers.

Because I'm certainly not one.
I requested that the thread title be changed to something more appropriate, which helps articulate the point I was trying to make without being as inflammatory.

To followup on one of your points. Is it the goal here to be one of the largest private online boards? If so, I didn't realize that was a goal, nor do I understand the reasons for it. If it is the goal, then it certainly makes it more challenging to maintain civility as more people bring in more diversity of opinion and more diverse ways of delivering their opinions.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I requested that the thread title be changed to something more appropriate, which helps articulate the point I was trying to make without being as inflammatory.

To followup on one of your points. Is it the goal here to be one of the largest private online boards? If so, I didn't realize that was a goal, nor do I understand the reasons for it. If it is the goal, then it certainly makes it more challenging to maintain civility as more people bring in more diversity of opinion and more diverse ways of delivering their opinions.
I didn't say anything about goals. I just said we're arguably the largest (and for good reason). Of course it presents its challenges to be such a large and diverse community, but we're equipped to handle those challenges too. The standards haven't changed and are still being upheld.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
I didn't say anything about goals. I just said we're arguably the largest (and for good reason). Of course it presents its challenges to be such a large and diverse community, but we're equipped to handle those challenges too. The standards haven't changed and are still being upheld.
I realize you didn't specifically say "goals", but I also see lurkers being actively recruited. So, I asked the question.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I realize you didn't specifically say "goals", but I also see lurkers being actively recruited. So, I asked the question.
I can't speak for current ownership, but I would imagine the goal would be steady growth.
And like I said, the standards are still in place. It won't be quantity at the expense of quality.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
Holt was terrible as an announcer which saddened me.

He kept getting names wrong as well - notably Ray Ray Armstrong who he kept calling Ray Ray Mcdonald and then Ray Ray Williams - after which he gave up and just called him Ray Ray...

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
Like I said before, Torry needs to learn that less is more. He just needs to calm down a little and take his time making a point instead of just shotgunning a bunch of words out as fast as he can.