Colts will regret Richardson trade

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
And there were a lot of Rams fans and media folks who were willing to give up one of our "extra" first rounders for TRich. Just curious, were you one of them?

No way in hell Max, I would not trade a first round draft pick. Good God the Rams got Faulk for a 2nd & a 5th!

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
No way in hell Max, I would not trade a first round draft pick. Good God the Rams got Faulk for a 2nd & a 5th!

Crazy right? But not to guys like Balzer.

Makes you wonder about these guys.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yep. I thought it would be a good move but Trent just ain't getting it done. Stacy is playing a lot better than him.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
Remember all the media experts who said what great move it was for the Colts? Peter King, Balzer, Venturi, Eisen, the list goes on and on.

The only guy I remember who said it was a bad move for Indy was Prisco.

I wouldn't trade Stacy for TRich now.

Agreed.

iced

in fairness, look at the different points in their careers that they got them.

Trich - after his first year

Faulk - after 3 or 4 years

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Which ended up being a steal. New England got Moss for a 4th. I don't think it is realistic to expect a top tier #1 to only be worth a 1st.

However, Colts seemed to have gotten ripped off as Richardson just isn't living up to his billing. Props to the Browns for seeing it and capitalizing while they could.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Which ended up being a steal. New England got Moss for a 4th. I don't think it is realistic to expect a top tier #1 to only be worth a 1st.

However, Colts seemed to have gotten ripped off as Richardson just isn't living up to his billing. Props to the Browns for seeing it and capitalizing while they could.

I really don't care what MY opinion of Trent Richardson would be , given the rapid about face the Brown did on him and the WILLINGNESS to trade him at all would have been a red flag that he wasn't worth a first, I'd have asked myself "who trades away a back WORTH a first round choice?" which IMO the correct answer would be "nobody............and if they have a backup who is good enough to make the guy worth the first expendable,everyone would know who he was".
Yeah Indy got had
in fairness, look at the different points in their careers that they got them.

Trich - after his first year

Faulk - after 3 or 4 years
Yeah ,but every one of those years Faulk performed way better than TR,TR has never risen above the level of dissapointing, show me ONE game he performed at first round level.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
....TR has never risen above the level of dissapointing, show me ONE game he performed at first round level.

Week 2 - 2012 @Cincinnati. 19 carries for 109yds and a TD. 4 receptions for 36yds and a TD... :razz:

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
Week 2 - 2012 @Cincinnati. 19 carries for 109yds and a TD. 4 receptions for 36yds and a TD... :razz:
Not first round level and certainly not that high a first round IMO so keep that tongue in your mouth:nau:

iced

I really don't care what MY opinion of Trent Richardson would be , given the rapid about face the Brown did on him and the WILLINGNESS to trade him at all would have been a red flag that he wasn't worth a first, I'd have asked myself "who trades away a back WORTH a first round choice?" which IMO the correct answer would be "nobody............and if they have a backup who is good enough to make the guy worth the first expendable,everyone would know who he was".
Yeah Indy got had

Yeah ,but every one of those years Faulk performed way better than TR,TR has never risen above the level of dissapointing, show me ONE game he performed at first round level.

Value has more to do with Longevity, which was my point about their values.

And as I said before - Colts have one of the worst Run blocking o-lines, especially on the interior.

I never wanted to give up a 1st for him - let's make that clear. But lets call a spade a spade - their line sucks and is not helping out at all.

You saw the holes stacy had vs seahawks? yea Trich has never seen anything like that.

and to answer your question, hard to argue against this one -

Last edited by a moderator:

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
Value has more to do with Longevity, which was my point about their values.

And as I said before - Colts have one of the worst Run blocking o-lines, especially on the interior.

I never wanted to give up a 1st for him - let's make that clear. But lets call a spade a spade - their line sucks and is not helping out at all.

You saw the holes stacy had vs seahawks? yea Trich has never seen anything like that.

and to answer your question, hard to argue against this one -

OK , so your point I suppose is TR is better than I think he is and my point is he's a third round talent at best.

I'm fine with you thinking that, I'll just say this AFTER contact, who has been better,since you have decided to compare Stacy to TR?

I wouldn't trade even up for them unless I had Indy on the other line making PT Barnum look like Nostradamus:heh:

iced

OK , so your point I suppose is TR is better than I think he is and my point is he's a third round talent at best.

I'm fine with you thinking that, I'll just say this AFTER contact, who has been better,since you have decided to compare Stacy to TR?

I wouldn't trade even up for them unless I had Indy on the other line making PT Barnum look like Nostradamus:heh:

lol
Trich reminds me of the situation Sjax was in 2007-2009... except I would even say those shitty ram lines were better at run blocking than the colts are now

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
lol
Trich reminds me of the situation Sjax was in 2007-2009... except I would even say those shitty ram lines were better at run blocking than the colts are now

I dunno man. SJ was still pounding out 1000 yd seasons even those years.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
I dunno man. SJ was still pounding out 1000 yd seasons even those years.
SJ never played with Andrew Luck ,TRich on those teams would have to carry an ID to get into the hot overcrowded nightclubs:heh:

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Richardson has 49% of his carries for 2 yards or less this season, compared to the top 10 yardage leaders that ranks 10th, only Matt Forte has more with 52%, in comparison 35% of Stacy's runs have been for 2 yards or less, which would be best among the ten.

So what about the other 51%? There's other factors that involve in that...playing good defenses, not good run blocking, and failure by Trent in seeing the right holes.

I'm just saying, Trent Richardson is a talented, talented dude. He's done it his rookie year, and yes he's not having the consistent yardage so far in his Colts career. BUT it's too soon to say that he's been a bust. What if he finishes strong? What bout next year? Too soon.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah Indy got had

Indy did after the 1998 season. :wink:

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
@iced it has nothing to do with longevity or that the Colts line is bad. The guy is an average back at best and a lot of fans in CLE will tell you that. It was a bad pick that was widely panned when the dolt Holmgren made it in the first place.

He wasn't worth the draft slot and he isn't worth what the Colts gave up to get him.

Last edited by a moderator:

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
I agree with no rb's in the first, but Bamas running backs always come out and are solid, however they all seem to lack explosiveness imo.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
Yeah, a first round RB is a no win proposition these days. Considering the amount of teams that are pass first or spread offenses in college ball, it just makes sense to roll the dice on a back with very little tread on the tires, good measurables and that stupid buzz word 'upside.'