Colts sign Luck to a 5 year extension

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Andrew Luck - QB - Colts
Colts signed QB Andrew Luck to a five-year extension through 2021.

We await the details. But this deal should reset the top of the quarterback market. Luck was entering the final year of his rookie contract. Despite missing half of last season and struggling for large chunks of the eight games he was in there, Luck deserves every penny. GM Ryan Grigson hasn't done anything to protect Luck during his now-four-year career, failing to get him any offensive linemen and subjecting "the franchise" to unnecessary hits. Now back to full health, Luck should be in for a big bounce-back year as a top-flight QB1. He's now signed through his age-32 season.

Jun 29 - 3:19 PM

Last edited:

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Not as much as I thought I figured he would be the first player to be making 30 plus million a year.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Jeez! How in the hell are the Rams going to be able to re-sign key players with such huge contracts? Quinn, Ogletree, McDonald,Donald? Some of these guys they are gonna have to let walk.

StevenG-BR

Rookie
Jeez! How in the hell are the Rams going to be able to re-sign key players with such huge contracts? Quinn, Ogletree, McDonald,Donald? Some of these guys they are gonna have to let walk.

IMO, that's what makes the Goff trade especially risky. With those picks we gave away, we might have been able to draft replacements for guys like McDonald, Ogletree, Brockers and Tru. Now, we will have to overpay to keep our guys together, or live with a few glaring holes.

Let's hope JG is worth it.

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
IMO, that's what makes the Goff trade especially risky. With those picks we gave away, we might have been able to draft replacements for guys like McDonald, Ogletree, Brockers and Tru. Now, we will have to overpay to keep our guys together, or live with a few glaring holes.

If those lack of picks cause the team to not find capable replacements the problem wouldnt be with the trade, but the FO. theres plenty of time to get replacements if need be and a few less picks these 2 years should be far from the reason why it doesnt get doen

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Not as much as I thought I figured he would be the first player to be making 30 plus million a year.

Me too, I figured he'd get that much for sure. Or at least a couple of the years in the deal would be over 30MIL.

Either way it's a fuckton of money.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Andrew Luck - QB - Colts
Colts signed QB Andrew Luck to a new six-year, $140 million contract through 2021.

This deal resets the top of the quarterback market and contains a record-setting $87 million guaranteed. Luck was entering the final year of his rookie contract. Despite missing half of last season and struggling for large chunks of the eight games he was in there, Luck deserves every penny. GM Ryan Grigson hasn't done anything to protect Luck during his now-four-year career, failing to get him any offensive linemen and subjecting "the franchise" to unnecessary hits. Now back to full health, Luck should be in for a big bounce-back year as a top-flight QB1. He's now signed through his age-32 season.

Jun 29 - 3:19 PM

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer

Robert Quinn is already signed, and when it's time to renew he'll be older and depending on his production may be cheaper or no big loss if he goes.

TJ McDonald I like the dude but can be replaced.

Alec Ogletree won't be as expensive unless he really becomes Luke Kuechly or Von Miller.

Aaron Donald is really the only big money guy. I'm not worried.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
Goff Damn that is a nice chunk of cash! Don't bet against our #16 getting even more when his time comes. I know he hasn't played a regular season down yet and the media sharks are all over his deer in the headlights performance at OTA's.

My expectations for JG are even keeled and until around mid season, I only expect him to be average with occasional sprinkles of greatness.

I will say if he's as good as my eyes have foreseen he will break mr. Lucks vault, which is why I'm hoping the salary cap expands at a faster rate than the current star player inflation ratio.

Anyway the value of young NFL QB's that constantly perform at a top 10 level, is worth every penny they can get. I'm happy for mr. Luck and if their O-Line protects him better he will be worth their investment..

Last but no least.... The challenge for the Rams and mr. Demoff in the near coming years is going to be pressure packed. If they keep drafting rookie of the year candidates who and how much to pay them will be gut wrenching decisions.

I'm sure we can all agree that if Donald and Gurley stay healthy and keep pace with their current on field performances, they will likely be the highest paid players at their positions. I'm embracing for it and being a fan of this team for all the bad years, its a great problem to have.

W8GgWzh.gif

lI33a7O.0.gif

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Andrew Luck - QB - Colts
Colts signed QB Andrew Luck to a new six-year, $140 million contract through 2021.

This deal resets the top of the quarterback market and contains a record-setting $87 million guaranteed.
This is the way I heard it. And he gets $75Mil in the first 3 years guaranteed!

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Funny loved Luck at Stanford thought he was going to be the next John Elway and now I think he like his team is overrated. Don't know why, just feel that way...Blake Bortles will have a better year.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Well... Truth be told... If I were starting a team from scratch; Luck would be on my QB short list.

Part of me thinks he's a tad overrated, to this point in his career... But once you find a QB you need to keep him.

Luck didn't set the market... The other GM's did. Every one of them would have paid him this deal.

Ram65

Legend
Luck hasn't done much. The media guys seem to like him. Let's see if he is worth that kinda cash.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Well... Truth be told... If I were starting a team from scratch; Luck would be on my QB short list.

Part of me thinks he's a tad overrated, to this point in his career... But once you find a QB you need to keep him.

Luck didn't set the market... The other GM's did. Every one of them would have paid him this deal.

I totally concur, but for some reason I just feel the Colts aren't very good. Good God, Rams kicked their ass in Indianapolis with Kellen Clemens....After that I felt they were a paper tiger. Like the Jags much better this year and the Colts have nobody to run the football, Frank Gore is 137 years old.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
I totally concur, but for some reason I just feel the Colts aren't very good. Good God, Rams kicked their ass in Indianapolis with Kellen Clemens....After that I felt they were a paper tiger. Like the Jags much better this year and the Colts have nobody to run the football, Frank Gore is 137 years old.

C'mon den.. Moses was about the same age as Gore and he could still chisel the rock :cool:

c6.gif

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
C'mon den.. Moses was about the same age as Gore and he could still chisel the rock :cool:

Come on, Gore is must older than that and he doesn'rlt have one of those really cool staffs to help him do magical stuff...

c6.gif

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

Big fan of Moses quite impressive parting the Red Sea and all, however, have you looked at the depth chart behind Gore? Not one is a draft choice and a couple have failed with other teams.

Robert Turbin
Jordan Todman
Trey Williams
Tyler Varga
Josh Ferguson

Makes Chase Reynolds look like Ed Podolak.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John

Not as risky as it is being played up. The Rams were down a net 3 picks.We already parlayed 1 into 2 picks. Now we are down net 2. Don't put it past Snead to do some more grand moves next year. Missing the #1 does hurt, but I think that is all. The Rams did not mortgage the future. WE ARE LOADED with young talent.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

THAT Statement is F'd up in my book as a Rams Fan !!!

--- My biggest issue over the years has been paying a rookie more money than any other player on your team.

LOOK at Sam Brafords contract & then tell me how drafting JARED GOFF is not a steal with his contract.

How good has Andrew Luck been to this point & Cam Newton ?? All got paid 50% less than San Bradford .

Last edited: