Colts GM: Andrew Luck to open training camp on PUP

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dolphinlover123

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...s-gm-andrew-luck-to-open-training-camp-on-pup

The Indianapolis Colts will open training camp with their franchise quarterback on the sideline.

General manager Chris Ballard announced Monday that Andrew Luck will be placed on the physically unable to perform (PUP) list.

While the early camp absence is obviously not ideal, Ballard insists Luck has encountered no setbacks in his recovery from offseason shoulder surgery.

Luck has started a throwing program and is expected to be healthy in time for the regular season.

"We're exactly where I thought we'd be at this time," Ballard said, via The Herald Bulletin.

Luck's status will be one of the NFL's major storylines of August. As optimistic as the team's brass has been, Ballard is reluctant to promise that the starting QB will practice before Week 1.

As former Colts interim coach and current Cardinals head man Bruce Arians referenced last week, Indianapolis has been overly reliant upon Luck to carry the team since the No. 1 overall pick entered the league in 2012.

That's unlikely to change in Luck's sixth NFL season.

The Colts also announced Monday that safety Clayton Geathers will miss at least the first six games of the 2017 regular season while he recovers from offseason neck surgery.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know he'll play week 1, but still interesting. Not sure if posted anywhere.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Luck is one more injury away from being Sam Bradford

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Luck is one more injury away from being Sam Bradford
How so?
Bradford missed 31 games in 5 seasons and never saw a winning record, much less the playoffs. Luck on the other hand has only missed 10 games in 5 years, been to the playoffs 3 times and sports a record of 43-27 on a team with no running game or defense

JIMERAMS

Pro Bowler
Name
Bill
Luck is so overrated. most of his yards are when they are way behind and the other team is in prevent. he has skills but way overrated

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
With him being sidelined and having been out for a long period of time due to his injury I welcome him to play against the Rams come opening Sunday. He'll be rusty, and wont know how to gameplan for the rams new D.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
How so?
Bradford missed 31 games in 5 seasons and never saw a winning record, much less the playoffs. Luck on the other hand has only missed 10 games in 5 years, been to the playoffs 3 times and sports a record of 43-27 on a team with no running game or defense

Luck teams have been way better then Bradford and it's not even debatable but what I mean the colts just gave him a big extension but since that time how many games has he played??

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Luck teams have been way better then Bradford and it's not even debatable but what I mean the colts just gave him a big extension but since that time how many games has he played??
I don't buy that at all. Luck took over a 2-14 team and went 11-5 in his first year. He is what we prayed Bradford would be, but never was.
He signed that big extension and then missed 1 game last year. 1 game

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
I don't buy that at all. Luck took over a 2-14 team and went 11-5 in his first year. He is what we prayed Bradford would be, but never was.
He signed that big extension and then missed 1 game last year. 1 game
That 2-14 team was because Indy didn't have a back up to manning and the team tanked. They won like 12 or 14 games the year before that. Luck played well his rookie season, but he had a good team around him. He shouldn't get all the credit you are giving him for that.

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
I thought the Rams would win even with a healthy Luck....but with him being a bit rusty, that helps even more.
Timing from the ankle, knee, hips and rotating trunk is quite a bit to overcome....LOL, Luck is a pro, he'll be back, but
6 months without throwing is quite a long time....

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Who is Luck's backup?
To be honest their backups aren't much to write home about...

Depth chart: Scott Tolzien, Stephen Morris

Maybe they could be higher here, but it's amazing how much the loss of Matt Hasselbeck really stings this depth chart. He filled in for an injured Andrew Luck last year and nearly dragged the Colts to the playoffs. Tolzien started a pair of games when Aaron Rodgers went down for the Packers in 2013 and wasn't terrible, but it says a lot if Green Bay wasn't interested in keeping him around as a safety net for their situation as well.