Collins won't sign 3rd day contract

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

iced

think this is a dumb move - almost a good way to guarantee yourself you won't be drafted - foolish to rely on goin next year in the first. He's a senior

View: https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/594251500903374848

rotoworld:
LSU G/T La'El Collins says he won't sign his contract if he's drafted after the third round, and will re-enter the draft next season.

It's a power play from Collins, but a smart one. It's also evident Collins believes he has nothing to fear from the police investigation into the murder of his ex-girlfriend. It's quite possible Collins will end up buckling and signing if he's a Day 3 pick, but he has little to lose by planting the seed in teams' minds. He believes he's a day-one talent, and the money gets scarcer as the rounds roll on. Collins is arguably theplayer to watch on Friday evening.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Good. Let him languish into the third day. I don't want someone that selfish. His name has been brought up into a murder investigation of his pregnant ex-girlfriend. He could be the father of that kid. And his mind is focused solely on the draft. I don't see much compassion from him. I don't see a statement about this at least sending his condolences to her family.

You know, I'm sorry, but I can definitely see him being culpable in this.

iced

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I think he is incredibly stupid if he refuses to sign a contract. Thats one less year for him that he could have a multi-million dollar contract with in the future, and late day deals sign shorter contracts anyway. Think I heard its 2 years for minimum,1 year RFA, then he can renegotiate for the bigger bucks

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Bull. He'll sign. It's an empty threat to get a team to draft him. He's not dumb enough to bypass a year of getting paid and developing.

Memento

Name
Jemma
Bull. He'll sign. It's an empty threat to get a team to draft him. He's not dumb enough to bypass a year of getting paid and developing.

Never underestimate the power of human stupidity. ;)

lordbannon

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wonder if thats why we picked up an extra 2nd day pick?

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Good. Let him languish into the third day. I don't want someone that selfish. His name has been brought up into a murder investigation of his pregnant ex-girlfriend. He could be the father of that kid. And his mind is focused solely on the draft. I don't see much compassion from him. I don't see a statement about this at least sending his condolences to her family.

You know, I'm sorry, but I can definitely see him being culpable in this.

I suspect the Rams dodged a bullet with Collins. Had that story not broke, I think there's a good chance the Rams strongly consider him at 10. You make an excellent point, and I am glad that we didn't end up with him.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
I suspect the Rams dodged a bullet with Collins. Had that story not broke, I think there's a good chance the Rams strongly consider him at 10. You make an excellent point, and I am glad that we didn't end up with him.
Day 2 ain't over yet there is still a Chance we do

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I'd take him in the 4th round....even better the 6th round. What a steal. Does anyone really think he would murder his ex girlfriend that he hadn't seen in months, just before the day he makes millions of dollars in the draft? Even if she threatened to get child support off of him, I am sure he could afford it.

Memento

Name
Jemma
I'd take him in the 4th round....even better the 6th round. What a steal. Does anyone really think he would murder his ex girlfriend that he hadn't seen in months, just before the day he makes millions of dollars in the draft? Even if she threatened to get child support off of him, I am sure he could afford it.

I do. No remorse? No condolences? Thinking only about himself? I would not be surprised at all if this was another Rae Carruth situation.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I do. No remorse? No condolences? Thinking only about himself? I would not be surprised at all if this was another Rae Carruth situation.

Well, consider his situation. How long ago was this girl his GF? How serious was he with her? Was he just dating her? Was it just a fling? How do you know he has no remorse? or condolences. And how is he supposed to feel. This is a girl he supposedly hasn't seen in months, probably was all but forgotten, he was on the final lap of his lifelong dream to be in the NFL and he has an agent in his ear all the time making sure he does everything he can to make as much money as possible. How do you know that it wasn't his agent advising him on what to do? Or even his agent doing all of the talking.

This one is far too obtuse to judge so knowingly. The things you presume to know cannot be known by an outsider. He may feel horrible, but probably is more so overcome with fear that this may somehow be pinned on him.

If he did do it I don't think at this point he would be so concerned with his future NFL prospects. He would be feeling like his life is about to slip away from him, not just his dreams.

Memento

Name
Jemma
Well, consider his situation. How long ago was this girl his GF? How serious was he with her? Was he just dating her? Was it just a fling? How do you know he has no remorse? or condolences. And how is he supposed to feel. This is a girl he supposedly hasn't seen in months, probably was all but forgotten, he was on the final lap of his lifelong dream to be in the NFL and he has an agent in his ear all the time making sure he does everything he can to make as much money as possible. How do you know that it wasn't his agent advising him on what to do? Or even his agent doing all of the talking.

This one is far too obtuse to judge so knowingly. The things you presume to know cannot be known by an outsider. He may feel horrible, but probably is more so overcome with fear that this may somehow be pinned on him.

If he did do it I don't think at this point he would be so concerned with his future NFL prospects. He would be feeling like his life is about to slip away from him, not just his dreams.

If he did feel horrible, he would - and should - have reached out to the family. He would - and should - have made a statement saying how horrible he felt for their loss and that he would be cooperating fully with investigators. Instead, he pulls this shit about the draft. Even if it's an ex, you should have some level of compassion for at least the child, even if he wasn't yours, and I'm not seeing any with Collins. That's why he's radioactive right now.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
Quite frankly from what I've read if he doesn't he won't even be aloud in next years draft.

Good luck genius.

WestCoastRam

Legend
If he was involved I hope it comes out but I feel horrible for the guy right now (innocent until proven otherwise) and will feel even worse if he doesn't have anything to do with it.

Can you imagine not having anything to do with the death and this happening?

paceram

Pro Bowler

I don't know if it is just a threat or emotions why he said what he did but I agree with you that I think he will sign with any team that selects him wherever they select him as long as that team negotiates with him in good faith. I would be thrilled to see the Rams pick him (Hopefully, with their 4th round pick!) as long as they feel like he is not involved (And, it doesn't sound like he is) with that horrible crime! I really think whoever picks him will get one of (If not THE!) biggest steals of this Draft and I am keeping my fingers crossed it will be the Rams! Top 10 pick in the 4th Round sounds like a pretty good move to me!

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
@AlbertBreer: Best case for La'El Collins, I think, is still for him to be drafted as early as possible. A number of teams mulling it.