College Playoffs

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
So we're getting close to the end of the season. Just wondering how you guys have the top four teams.

I have it like this:

#1 Alabama
#2 Oregon
#3 Ohio State
#4 Baylor

For me, Alabama sometimes has some off games but when they are on, I don't see anyone beating them. They are just a well coached, tough college football team. And it pains me to say as a Pac 12 guy that I don't see Oregon beating them.

After that, I think it gets really tough. Oregon had one hiccup and then a few games where they just let the other team stay in it. I think they are really good but lack the strength in the trenches to win it all. Hopefully I'm wrong here but if they make it to the final 4, I think may be as far as they go.

Ohio State seems to be peaking at the right time and is playing some really good football. But they look beatable and have some holes on both sides of the ball. I haven't watched them play all that much but from what I've seen, they just look like a tough team.

I put Baylor in at #4 just because their offense is a freak show and seems to be able to put up points against anyone. If they are able to stop a good team, they could be dangerous. Match them up against Ohio State for example and if they get a quick lead, I don't think the Buckeyes are potent enough to keep up.

FSU has played a fairly mediocre schedule and has barely squeaked by some teams that I really don't think should have even been in the game. This week was another example. While I have been critical of Jameis, he seems to be the only constant on that team that allows them to come away with wins. IMO ND and Louisville are extremely over rated and should have beat the Noles. Of course no losses will get you points in the polls no matter. Are they there because they should be or because they simply haven't lost?

Count me among those VERY unimpressed with Mississippi. I just don't like their style of play and nothing says inability to adjust to me like their coaching staff. I also think Dak is severely over rated as an actual QB.

TCU? Meh. They can score on anybody but almost anybody can score on them. I'm going to bet they barely beat Texas next week.

Old Miss - they somehow beat Bama but really? Just go away. Oh wait - they beat me to it against Arkansas.

I'm not sure at this point that any other team can catch the top 6 or 7. Maybe UCLA? Nah. But a win against USC tonight could make things interesting.

paceram

Pro Bowler
Can someone tell me how the top 4 teams will be decided where they will play their playoff games?

Which seeds will play in New Orleans and which seeds will play in California or is that yet to be decided?

As poor as FSU's schedule as been, and as awful as they have done against it, 11-0 is 11-0, you'd have to play a much worse schedule than even they've played, now if BC had kicked that FG last night they'd probably be my lowest ranked of 1 loss teams and probably lower than a few 2 loss teams, but they didn't.

Ohio State's loss to a 6 loss VT team really hurts them, the fact that the only team they've played is a 2 loss Michigan State team also hurts them.

My top 4:
FSU
Oregon
TCU (if Baylor win them all they'll take their spot)
Alabama (the eye ball test tells me it's a toss hop between them and Oregon, so I'll give them who I believe are the worst team in my 4 in the first round).

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I think they need to go to an 8 team playoff as soon as possible.

I think they need to go to an 8 team playoff as soon as possible.

Please God no, you just end up devaluing the season, at the moment you can maybe afford a single loss, you move to 8 you're moving towards more of an NFL situation where you need to be slightly better than mediocre for 16 games then get hot for 3/4 games.

paceram

Pro Bowler
As poor as FSU's schedule as been, and as awful as they have done against it, 11-0 is 11-0, you'd have to play a much worse schedule than even they've played, now if BC had kicked that FG last night they'd probably be my lowest ranked of 1 loss teams and probably lower than a few 2 loss teams, but they didn't.

Ohio State's loss to a 6 loss VT team really hurts them, the fact that the only team they've played is a 2 loss Michigan State team also hurts them.

My top 4:
FSU
Oregon
TCU (if Baylor win them all they'll take their spot)
Alabama (the eye ball test tells me it's a toss hop between them and Oregon, so I'll give them who I believe are the worst team in my 4 in the first round).

I am beginning to think the Seminoles might finish their season 13-0 and NOT make the playoffs! I was pretty excited when the NCAA decided on a playoff system but I have to admit that I really question some of the Committee's decisions!

I am beginning to think the Seminoles might finish their season 13-0 and NOT make the playoffs! I was pretty excited when the NCAA decided on a playoff system but I have to admit that I really question some of the Committee's decisions!

Would love that (or 12-1 with a loss on Saturday), but it won't happen.

paceram

Pro Bowler
Would love that (or 12-1 with a loss on Saturday), but it won't happen.

As a Seminole Fan, the game against the Gators really concerns me! Which Gator team will show up? Hopefully not the team that destroyed a very good Georgia team! I actually grew up a Gator Fan (Was my favorite team for many years!) until my 5 year old son gave me a choice. Him or the Gators! So, now I have been a loyal Seminoles Fan for about 20 years! But, it has NOT always been easy!

As a Seminole Fan, the game against the Gators really concerns me! Which Gator team will show up? Hopefully not the team that destroyed a very good Georgia team! I actually grew up a Gator Fan (Was my favorite team for many years!) until my 5 year old son gave me a choice. Him or the Gators! So, now I have been a loyal Seminoles Fan for about 20 years! But, it has NOT always been easy!

I'd of chosen the Gators.

paceram

Pro Bowler
Well, I guess if the Playoff Committee keeps dropping the Seminoles they could always match up FSU against Marshall in the UNDEFEATED BOWL! Just Kidding (Except for the part about if the Playoff Committee keeps dropping FSU/Which won't surprise me!)! I am beginning NOT to like the Playoff Committee!

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Please God no, you just end up devaluing the season, at the moment you can maybe afford a single loss, you move to 8 you're moving towards more of an NFL situation where you need to be slightly better than mediocre for 16 games then get hot for 3/4 games.
Really? There are about 120 teams in D1 NCAA football. You are not going to find any mediocre teams in the top 8. There will be at least two teams that are left out of these playoffs that could of won it all.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
until my 5 year old son gave me a choice. Him or the Gators!
Huh? OK - Do tell. How does a 5 year old choose a college team and be so adamant that he demand his dad change teams?

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The Gators could really help clear things up IMO. I think the Noles have skated through to this point. I agree that going undefeated and being in one of the power conferences is always going to get you points in the rankings but I would seriously like to see a team smack them in the mouth for playing such mediocre football in games against average teams.

That said, undefeated in the ACC is still undefeated.

The Gators could really help clear things up IMO. I think the Noles have skated through to this point. I agree that going undefeated and being in one of the power conferences is always going to get you points in the rankings but I would seriously like to see a team smack them in the mouth for playing such mediocre football in games against average teams.

That said, undefeated in the ACC is still undefeated.

I don't see it happening, I think NFL refs suck, but ACC refs are genuinely corrupt, any 90/10 call will go in FSU's favour, if we are good enough to make it a close game then the refs will take care of business.