Coliseum has sold out!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If memory serves (It many times no longer does), years and years ago the old girl seated 105,000..They then closed the parastile end I believe and that dropped capacity by a lot..
Is that the case or am I losing what few living brain cells I still have ???
I think so. I don't remember any seating near the columns..but that was a long time ago!

BuiltRamTough

Pro Bowler
Name
Edmond
Well I'm not impressed that it took this long to fulfill all of the season tickets allotted. They got 56,000 deposits right out of the gate and it took some time to get to the limit.

It was January 18th when they went on sale remember.

EDIT
Allowing people to buy up to 8 season tickets was a mistake, it'll lock out to many real fans who are diehards and allow scalpers to profit while some real fans are sitting at home. They should have lowered it to 4 or 6, 8 was just freaking dumb. 56,000 people wanted season tickets and it's likely that only about half or so will get them.
70k season tickets were sold in 6 hours.

That doesn't impress you?

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
At any point in my life prior to 2012-ish if you would have said "The Lakers will lose 65 games someday" I would have asked you how much you wanted to bet while laughing my ass off at you.

:rant:

Yea I'd have taken that bet too back then haha.

Bluesy

Reppin' the Rams since 2000
Name
Kyle
Go onto Stubhub. Tickets still seem pretty reasonable.

Touché. Prices aren't as bad as I expected. Still curious to see what some of the face values are.

Honestly I just hope we get good turnouts and have a real home field advantage.

DenverRam

Starter
kind of a weird thing to brag about, when alot of sales go to ticket sellers.

Stubhub-ticket-pinata-B.jpeg

Last edited:

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don

You put your deposit down in January though right?

Tickets went on sale in May and were sold in lots (not sure of size) then they would tally the ticket sales and open another lot. The tickets sold fast, by lot 3 you were already in slim picking and that was the end of May.

Yea I remember us talking about them before, the future is looking bright my friend. I'm excited for Ingram and Zubac.

I'm not the nba fan I used to be but Russell is killing it right now in the d league.
Russell looks really good I have been watching the NBA Summer League games and am impressed by his growth.
Nance looking good too he just may become a nice addition off the bench, heady player great hops, shoots the 3, blocks shots and gets steals. Zubac has a real nice touch for a big guy, a bit of a project but young and skilled.
Ingram has been a bit overwhelmed at times but he is 18 and dose show poise and a real nice game, super smooth. It's not if but when for him. real nice player just needs to get comfortable and let the game come to him.
Exciting time in Laker land/ I know I know it's a Ram Forum......Sorry

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
@RamFan503
My tix were 1500 for 7 games plus 2 pre season ( approx. 200ea for 7 home games )
My seats are 200+ for Cowboys and for SeaHawks 400+ (most expensive game)
resale of my season tickets all games 2,800
Per StubHub

bluecoconuts

Legend
so what?

you want to tar and feather him for it?

No, put a little common courtesy would be nice. This is supposed to be good news, happy news, and yet people are trashing it because they're upset still. Be upset, but be upset where it's appropriate.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
No, put a little common courtesy would be nice. This is supposed to be good news, happy news, and yet people are trashing it because they're upset still. Be upset, but be upset where it's appropriate.

I'm not trashing anything, that's the truth.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
kind of a weird thing to brag about, when alot of sales go to ticket sellers.

Stubhub-ticket-pinata-B.jpeg
First off - point to any venue where that does not take place. Second - Do you have anything to show what "alot" is?

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
First off - point to any venue where that does not take place. Second - Do you have anything to show what "alot" is?

You are correct it happens globally and sadly it's gotten much, much worse over the last several years since sporting events, concerts and special events have become so costly, the profits are so large, so they buy up larger and larger blocks of tickets

It's a multi billion dollar business right now, as in over 5BIL according to what I've read.......... StubHub, Ebay, SeatGeek (and just regular Joe's like you and I) are making a nice commission on the secondary market. Remember those seats that sold to Game 7 of this years finals for 100K? StubHub made 16 grand off that transaction and that was a little bit of a deal they typically pull down 15-20%.

Ali's funeral was free for those who got the "passes", but several of those showed up online to the dismay of his family of course.

I've heard that as much as 20% of the tickets sold to many big time concerts end up online for resale the same exact day the concert goes on sale and sells out. And it sucks because these guys have employees who just go order the tickets as soon as they are available online, locking out fans in large numbers.

The Rams are a hot ticket and there is a lot of money to be made in a market with a lot of wealthy people. It's not a one time thing like a concert so it's going to attract a lot of the secondary sellers because it's good cash flow that sustains for a few months.

It's fuckin' crazy the way it's blown up.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
You are correct it happens globally and sadly it's gotten much, much worse over the last several years since sporting events, concerts and special events have become so costly, the profits are so large, so they buy up larger and larger blocks of tickets

It's a multi billion dollar business right now, as in over 5BIL according to what I've read.......... StubHub, Ebay, SeatGeek (and just regular Joe's like you and I) are making a nice commission on the secondary market. Remember those seats that sold to Game 7 of this years finals for 100K? StubHub made 16 grand off that transaction and that was a little bit of a deal they typically pull down 15-20%.

Ali's funeral was free for those who got the "passes", but several of those showed up online to the dismay of his family of course.

I've heard that as much as 20% of the tickets sold to many big time concerts end up online for resale the same exact day the concert goes on sale and sells out. And it sucks because these guys have employees who just go order the tickets as soon as they are available online, locking out fans in large numbers.

The Rams are a hot ticket and there is a lot of money to be made in a market with a lot of wealthy people. It's not a one time thing like a concert so it's going to attract a lot of the secondary sellers because it's good cash flow that sustains for a few months.

It's freakin' crazy the way it's blown up.
I agree with all of this and that is REALLY fucked up about Ali's funeral.... REALLY FUCKED UP!!!

I just get very tired of people saying shit about our club as if we are an anomaly or going above and beyond to somehow screw over everyone in every aspect of life. This is a Rams site. If the Rams were doing something nefarious or completely ascue of the norm, I can see pointing it out. But acting like the Rams organization is shitting on the fans or enter conspiracy here gets my hackles up. I am not going to sit there and act like it's all good. It's not. If someone is going to post shit about our organization in a negative light, I will ALWAYS have something to say about it. I'm a fan. I'm a homer. Deal with it.

BTW - Les - I'm not trying to be heavy on you personally. I know you can handle anything I have to say and more. I am just stating my position on all this kind of shit.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
so what?

you want to tar and feather him for it?
No - he probably doesn't. But I'm guessing he would like this colorization of the facts to be done with. They are the Los Angeles Rams again. That fact should have absolutely ZERO to do with threads like this and a great many others aside from the fact that they sold out their season tickets in LA.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Y'know - I find it funny. Would it have satiated some if they DIDN'T sell out the season tickets? Would it be more satisfying to some if the tickets in LA were not a hot ticket? If the answer to you is yes, I'm not sure why you are here unless you just wanted to go to a game and pay less. I can get the wish to pay less. Otherwise?

Status
Not open for further replies.