Coliseum has sold out!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
If they don't get to the finals next year I'll be slightly shocked. And pissed since I won't get to an NBA Finals.

It's all about me LOL

I think they'll make it. I'll be over-optimistic for the Lakers as usual while you're enjoying those games lol.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yes. This will be fun. Y'all are awesome. :owned:
Were you known as Rynie over there? If they are quick with the troll hook, I need to let the losers know where the wrath is coming from, before I am 86ed...:rockon:

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Actually, I guess it was 102,000 plus and it held the record for over 40 years. Another fun fact. The Rams played in the Superbowl that still holds the highest attendance record for any post season game in NFL history.
SB ticket.jpg
Rams SBXIV.jpg
They sure pack them in, in Pasadena at the Rose Bowl!!

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
From what I hear technically it isn't sold out. They've just sold all of the season tickets that they're going to sell.

Bluesy

Reppin' the Rams since 2000
Name
Kyle
From what I hear technically it isn't sold out. They've just sold all of the season tickets that they're going to sell.

Yes. 24,000 buyers bought 70,000 tickets. That means all the average fans can expect to pay 3-5x as much as the lucky 24,000 people who got their hands on all the tickets. Sure they'll probably sell some other tickets to get to max capacity but there'll be far fewer of those tickets than the season tickets that were sold.

Can't blame the people who bought em though really, the tickets were priced about the same as STL from what Demoff had said in the offseason. Way bigger market in LA and there's a ton of hype, so everyone that's going to resell tickets are gonna make $$$.

I'd be curious to see the breakdown of how many of those 24,000 people are actually individual fans vs. companies, organizations, etc. who are buying the tickets for corporate events, charities, or to simply resell for profit.

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
Were you known as Rynie over there? If they are quick with the troll hook, I need to let the losers know where the wrath is coming from, before I am 86ed...:rockon:
Yes, so don't mention my name.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Yes. 24,000 buyers bought 70,000 tickets. That means all the average fans can expect to pay 3-5x as much as the lucky 24,000 people who got their hands on all the tickets. Sure they'll probably sell some other tickets to get to max capacity but there'll be far fewer of those tickets than the season tickets that were sold.

Can't blame the people who bought em though really, the tickets were priced about the same as STL from what Demoff had said in the offseason. Way bigger market in LA and there's a ton of hype, so everyone that's going to resell tickets are gonna make $$$.

I'd be curious to see the breakdown of how many of those 24,000 people are actually individual fans vs. companies, organizations, etc. who are buying the tickets for corporate events, charities, or to simply resell for profit.
At least we'll get some input from ROD members who get Season Tickets!!(y):D

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
I've been a Lakers fan practically all my life.

Usually it's been easy, the last few years have been so bad.

Yea I remember us talking about them before, the future is looking bright my friend. I'm excited for Ingram and Zubac.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
Yea I remember us talking about them before, the future is looking bright my friend. I'm excited for Ingram and Zubac.
I'm not the nba fan I used to be but Russell is killing it right now in the d league.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

At any point in my life prior to 2012-ish if you would have said "The Lakers will lose 65 games someday" I would have asked you how much you wanted to bet while laughing my ass off at you.

:rant:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I don't know what's typical either but 8 seems like too many and it's going to be too easy for ticket brokers to buy them up. Which means a lot of fans will not have a chance to buy and will end up having to overpay.

What I know about the ticket process is that it was open for awhile for deposits and I assumed it would be done in a day.
Why would you assume it would be done in a day. What works like that? You are just not being rational at all here Les. Are you going to tell everyone who has a deposit that they have to go online today and get their season tickets or they don't get any? Are you expecting them to call every person on the list, arrange with them which tickets they want, how many, etc... in a day? How many agents do you suppose that would take? Good idea - let's hire a bunch of telemarketers for a day and see how that works.

Seems to me that taking less than two months to contact depositers and get them their season ticket seat assignments is pretty good - certainly not something they should be taken to task over somehow dragging their heels. What is the greater sense of urgency you are after? The season is still over 2 months away.

8 season tickets is not a big deal. I'm also not sure how they set it up but generally, on things like this where there is a deposit for a future possible purchase, bots and stuff like that don't work as they have to enter CC info and there is no guarantee to purchase but instead a contact by the club to then see if the depositer wants to actually buy season tickets. Bots generally don't reply to emails. But I'm sure quite a few tickets ended up in the hands of those who will then sell them. It happens with ANY hot ticket.

Go onto Stubhub. You can buy tickets in virtually any section of the field for the freaking Packers at Viqueens game. Most of them are not only season tickets but tickets where the people had to also buy PSLs.

Sorry Les - seems like you are bitching about them just to bitch about them.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Go onto Stubhub. Tickets still seem pretty reasonable.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
BTW @LesBaker the viqueens estimated it taking 9 - 12 months to get PSL holders their actual seat assignments once they started selling actual tickets.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
Such a great photo of the coliseum, FloridaRam.....My first game in 1973 seeing my Rams play wasn't as full, it was only about 77,000..:whistle:

If memory serves (It many times no longer does), years and years ago the old girl seated 105,000..They then closed the parastile end I believe and that dropped capacity by a lot..
Is that the case or am I losing what few living brain cells I still have ???

Last edited:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
If memory serves (It many times no longer does), years and years ago the old girl seated 105,000..They then closed the parastile end I believe and that dropped capacity by a lot..
Is that the case or am I losing what few living brain cells I still have ???
Not sure about the 105,000. It changes by the type of event. But you are right about them closing the end where the arches are located. I thought they did that when the Trojans started playing there but I could be wrong.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Just received this email:

Dear Dale,

We hope this note finds you well and you are excited about LA Rams football coming home to Southern California in one month.

We are writing to you as a current Rams deposit holder with an update on the season ticket campaign along with your direct ticket opportunity for the 2016 season and beyond.

After reaching out to 24,000 of our initial deposit holders with a season ticket opportunity, all of whom had signed up within the first six hours of deposits going on-sale on January 18, we have officially sold through the quantity of tickets allocated for the full 2016 season in the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum.

Although you recently passed on the opportunity to purchase season tickets for 2016, we have created a single-game ticket opportunity that we are pleased to offer first to all remaining deposit holders. Details on this opportunity are as follows:

• 2016 Preferred Single Game Ticket Sales
  • To ensure all deposit holders have an opportunity to join us for a game in 2016, you have an opportunity to purchase up to eight tickets in any combination based on availability (ex. eight seats to one game, four seats to two games, etc.)
  • You will receive direct e-mail communication on July 13 with your priority on-sale time on July 14 to purchase tickets.
    Your $100 deposit on your account will not be used for this purchase. Alternatively, it will remain on your account to hold your position for a season ticket opportunity in 2017 or future seasons.

Your $100 deposit will continue to provide various benefits, including priority around the Inglewood Stadium:

• Inglewood Stadium
  • An Inglewood Stadium waitlist will be launched to the public in the coming months. By keeping your $100 deposit on your account, your original place in line is held and you are one of the FIRST to get a VIP look at seating options in the new Inglewood Stadium when available (more information to come in 2017).

• Other Rams Benefits
  • Access to Rams playoff tickets for all LA Coliseum seasons before the general public, if available.
  • Priority pre-sale for 2017 and 2018 Rams season tickets, if available.
  • Exclusive invitations to official Rams events, content and giveaways!

As a deposit holder, we look forward to continuing to update you on exciting Rams news and exclusive opportunities. Thank you again for all of your support.

GO RAMS!

Jake Bye
Vice President
Los Angeles Rams

So they are keeping my $100 deposit to save me a place in line. I guess that's ok.
I just got it too. Bummer for us, but happy for those who got their tickets.

Status
Not open for further replies.