Colin Kaepernick Unwisely Compares Self To Houston Floods

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hating the 49ers as a team? I totally understand. But hating the players as people (off the field), I just think it goes too far.
qpFQkGg.jpg

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Why? I love football as much as the next guy. Hell, more than the vast majority of the "next guys" in this world but it's just a game. Kaepernick comes off as a douche but he's still a person playing a game. Hating the 49ers as a team? I totally understand. But hating the players as people (off the field), I just think it goes too far.

They're just like any other person. Don't see why a job should define them.

No. It's not a privilege, it's a job. It's no more a privilege than it is for Stu to own his restaurant. They earned it. And being a NFL player is what they're employed to do. Not who they are.
I don't hate on kap for being a 9'r. I can't stand him because he's a phony, wannabe asshole trying to get "street cred".
The 9'r association just makes it that much easier.

BTW. I actually like Rice and Montana. They seem like genuinely nice guys. They are a rarity in frisco though.
9'rs players have always been more of the mold of Ricky "Alligator Arms" Waters and Norton JR. Pure A holes.

fearsomefour

Legend
Here's the only thing that grinds my gears about this whole stupid social media controversy and others like it: If I did something equally stupid, and it harmed my employer, I would be fired and would lose my career as a result. These dumbass jocks that just can't help themselves from coming across as major league fools have a 24-hour "controversy" and it blows over. Some of them do it (and get away with it) more than once. When there are no real consequences, there is no lesson learned or actual turning of the tide.

You can conclude only one thing - the NFL and its member teams, really do believe that no press is truly bad press, despite how badly the image of the league has been made over the last few years.
Supply and demand brother. You and I can probably easily be replaced at our place of employment....its hard to find even an average NFL QB.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
At the risk of sounding stupid, what does this mean? It wasn't Brandt? (faked)?
Nah. Nick issued a letter explaining that he had only offered the seat next to him on a SW flight (which I don't believe even has first class). Still a classy move and he apparently had a great conversation with the soldier. My point was that Gil apparently didn't know what he was talking about.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Nah. Nick issued a letter explaining that he had only offered the seat next to him on a SW flight (which I don't believe even has first class). Still a classy move and he apparently had a great conversation with the soldier. My point was that Gil apparently didn't know what he was talking about.
Thanks.

Gil always seems to like the Rams (seems to pick them every year as a break out team), so he gets a free pass, no?

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Thanks.

Gil always seems to like the Rams (seems to pick them every year as a break out team), so he gets a free pass, no?
Yeah - I don't recall ever really having a problem with Gil. I suppose over praising our QB isn't the worst thing he could have done - eh?

I think it's kinda cool of Nick also to end the internet lore by giving the real story and pretty much downplaying it. Seems like a good guy.