Colin Kaepernick Unwisely Compares Self To Houston Floods

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
A little off topic but shouldn't we have higher expectations for these guys? It's a privilege to be a NFL football player. People like Greg Hardy, Ray Rice, Aldon Smith, Parrish Cox, PacMan Jones, Ray McDonald etc. shouldn't be suiting up any Sunday for any team. I don't think it's unreasonable to expect these young men to be a positive role model. After all, they're getting lots of money to do so.

Onto Kaepernick, I don't think it's unreasonable for the 49ers to coerce him to get off of social media. This wasn't the first time he's made a buffoon out of himself this year. Hopefully our beloved Rams can put him in his place twice this year. He's much more quiet and much less likely to say something stupid when he's been humbled.

It's my opinion that they should be held to a higher standard. They are public figures and represent their franchise and what they say affects how people may view him and their team.

Of course, nothing he says will affect how we feel about him or his team. :LOL:

Frankly, nothing he says surprises me much any more. The only thing that does surprise me is that the franchise hasn't put a muzzle on him yet.

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
He followed it up with an apology and a shirtless photo? That in itself speaks volumes about how self absorbed this guy is.

I'll happily admit that my reaction to this story is completely based on who it is. If someone else did this same thing, it wouldn't bother me nearly as much. I make no apologies for that. He's a pr1ck

fearsomefour

Legend
It's my opinion that they should be held to a higher standard. They are public figures and represent their franchise and what they say affects how people may view him and their team.

Frankly, nothing he says surprises me much any more. The only thing that does surprise me is that the franchise hasn't put a muzzle on him yet.
I agree, but, then they would have to deal with angry pouty face.
Give a young, arrogant person who is self centered an outlet to spew their opinions and this is what you get.
Any guy who is seemingly obsessed with how hard he is "grinding" and feels a need to tell everyone is going his job....well, I have a hard time buying into that guy.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
I once predicted that Harbaugh choosing Kaperdick over Smith would come back to haunt the Niners......

Insert innocent whistling at this point......

I still see that as a mistake. Smith, after finally finding his place in thier offense and becoming an extremely accurate and effective QB, was shipped off in favor of Kap, the long legged gazelle who didnt possess the brain god gave a baby maggot. Fast forward a few years later, and most reputable publications are predicting a 4th place finish by the 49ers. Cant get any better than that. Keep up the good work dumb ass. Two thumbs up ;)

I was with you on the cutting of Smith... knew it would back fire and so glad that he's found a landing spot :)

Zombie Slayer

You are entitled to nothing.
Name
Dave

People in the military can be disciplined for exercising their free speech. I don't see why an athlete or anyone in the public eye can't be held to that standard.

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
CF90P7YUIAA1HQN.jpg

View: https://twitter.com/Kaepernick7/status/603328692870197249
View: https://twitter.com/RamsONDEMAND/status/603331088300244992

X, that's one of the best tweets I've ever seen. Good for you, bro.

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
I agree, but, then they would have to deal with angry pouty face.
Give a young, arrogant person who is self centered an outlet to spew their opinions and this is what you get.
Any guy who is seemingly obsessed with how hard he is "grinding" and feels a need to tell everyone is going his job....well, I have a hard time buying into that guy.

"People won't believe I workout if I don't take selfies of me working out and post inspirational quotes on social media daily," - Every heavyset gal that works out and SF 49ers QB, Colin Kaepernick.

Moostache

Rookie
Here's the only thing that grinds my gears about this whole stupid social media controversy and others like it: If I did something equally stupid, and it harmed my employer, I would be fired and would lose my career as a result. These dumbass jocks that just can't help themselves from coming across as major league fools have a 24-hour "controversy" and it blows over. Some of them do it (and get away with it) more than once. When there are no real consequences, there is no lesson learned or actual turning of the tide.

You can conclude only one thing - the NFL and its member teams, really do believe that no press is truly bad press, despite how badly the image of the league has been made over the last few years.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
A little off topic but shouldn't we have higher expectations for these guys? It's a privilege to be a NFL football player. People like Greg Hardy, Ray Rice, Aldon Smith, Parrish Cox, PacMan Jones, Ray McDonald etc. shouldn't be suiting up any Sunday for any team. I don't think it's unreasonable to expect these young men to be a positive role model. After all, they're getting lots of money to do so.

Onto Kaepernick, I don't think it's unreasonable for the 49ers to coerce him to get off of social media. This wasn't the first time he's made a buffoon out of himself this year. Hopefully our beloved Rams can put him in his place twice this year. He's much more quiet and much less likely to say something stupid when he's been humbled.

The guys you mentioned did criminal actions, most of them disgusting criminal actions What was criminal about what Colin Kaeperwhatever did? Nothing. Just b/c a guy says something stupid on twitter doesn't mean he shouldn't be able to play. Besides, if he isn't playing, the Rams can't sack his ass.

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
The guys you mentioned did criminal actions, most of them disgusting criminal actions What was criminal about what Colin Kaeperwhatever did? Nothing. Just b/c a guy says something stupid on twitter doesn't mean he shouldn't be able to play. Besides, if he isn't playing, the Rams can't sack his ass.
I wasn't saying that Kaepernick shouldn't play just that the 49ers need to get him off of social media.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah... just ask Brady about size when it comes to footballs. :ROFLMAO:

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave

He sure comes across as a Douche-Bag in this piece!

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Eh whatever. People think and say stupid things. I'm not going to tear a guy apart when there are other NFL players doing far worse.
Yeah well... He's a whiner so no quarters given. I would say the same if it were some dork from say the Chargers or Bears or... But whiner players have a special place in the peanut gallery of life as far as I'm concerned.