Colin Kaepernick to train with Kurt Warner this offseason

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
Colin Kaepernick to train with Kurt Warner this offseason
Posted by Curtis Crabtree on January 6, 2015, 11:33 PM EST
colin-kaepernick.jpg
Getty Images
Colin Kaepernick has lined up a two-time All-Pro quarterback and Super Bowl MVP to train with this offseason.

According to Matt Barrows of the Sacramento Bee, Kaepernick will work out with Kurt Warner and quarterback coach Dennis Gile in the Phoenix area in hopes of refining his game.

Kaepernick will study film and work on 7-on-7 drills with Warner

It’s hard to break habits in season,” Kaepernick said in December. “You don’t want to completely try to change something because it can throw off everything else you’re doing.

“There’s always things you can tighten up.”

Kaepernick appeared to regress as a passer this season in the 49ers offense. His interceptions were up, his touchdowns and yards per attempt were down and his passer rating was below 90 for the first time since replacing Alex Smith as the 49ers starter in 2012.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
I'm fine with that, it'll make it all the more sweeter to beat the Whiners at their best.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Sounds like even Kap knows he's not very good.

Wise move by him though. At least he's not content with his game.
Can't he go work with Joe Montana though?

TSFH Fan

Epic Music Guy
Yeah, I'm hoping this is more about the Dennis Gile Quarterback Academy than Kurt.
Kurt is hopefully just picking up appearance $$$.
On the positive side, Tim Tebow and Christian Ponder are past attendees, showing that it's not some miracle camp.
Brett Hundley too. . . hmmmm.

Jeff Garcia's camp, based on what I remember about JG's style of play (and his whiner stigma), would probably be a better fit for Krap.

TexasRam

Legend
Sure .....go ahead and try to ram that square into the peg hole. Just going to make you worse.

He needs to be mastering the read option which is the only thing he will ever have success at.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
You would think that Warner would have enough of a connection still with either the Rams or the Cardinals not to train their rival's QB.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
You would think that Warner would have enough of a connection still with either the Rams or the Cardinals not to train their rival's QB.

Nah. In the end they are all just football players and they all just like to see good football. Very few are homers like Marshall Faulk and Torry Holt.

Plus Kurt is a Christian man. He would not have malice toward an opponent.

LOL....
that was EXACTLY the scene I was thinking of....that was perfect.

That is not what I was thinking.

The first thing that popped into my head when I read the thread title was: Wow Kurt is going to be soooooooo frustrated trying to get Kaepernick to be a real QB. He will be pulling his hair out and wishing he had not taken the job.

And even if any of it sticks, remember when Michael Vick had one good season as a pocket passer. He looked very good. The next year he seemed to forget it all.

jap

Legend
Why won't Kurt volunteer to teach Sam to become a gunslinging maniac? Mike Martz would have!

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Nah. In the end they are all just football players and they all just like to see good football. Very few are homers like Marshall Faulk and Torry Holt.

Plus Kurt is a Christian man. He would not have malice toward an opponent.

Very true, but can you imagine two players who are more different? In so many ways...

jap

Legend
Because it's hard to teach someone who has better mechanics then you.

The teaching here would involve the mindset, not the physical game. Sam has very good accuracy deep. I could easily see him converting bombs that Shaun and AD missed more often than not this past season. However, his conservative approach was probably reinforced by the lack of truly deep threats over the last few season, even with Chris Givens.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
The teaching here would involve the mindset, not the physical game. Sam has very good accuracy deep. I could easily see him converting bombs that Shaun and AD missed more often than not this past season. However, his conservative approach was probably reinforced by the lack of truly deep threats over the last few season, even with Chris Givens.
Yeah that's true. It sucks because he was such a gun slinger in college. 50 touchdowns is a lot in 12 games.

jap

Legend
Yeah that's true. It sucks because he was such a gun slinger in college. 50 touchdowns is a lot in 12 games.

He had a few decent receivers for the collegiate level and a massive OL. If he can stay healthy, and the Horns clean up the OL for him, who knows what he will do?