Colin Kaepernick Says He’s Happy in San Francisco

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
https://theringer.com/colin-kaepernick-says-hes-happy-in-san-francisco-117af5e0e0be#.8g95gkuzq

This Kaepernick Drama Will Seem Really Dumb When He’s Torching People
Claire McNear
Staff Writer, The Ringer

1*TeN4SD95IfakATQTV5Rndg.jpeg

Getty Images

Colin Kaepernick is excited to be a member of the 49ers.

No, really, he is! He said so Thursday, telling a group of reporters: “I’m a 49er and excited to work with Chip [Kelly] and his coaching staff. I’m excited about what’s to come.”

I can understand why you may be suspicious. This is, after all, the quarterback who sulked around the locker room most of last season. The one who requested a trade in February. The one whose deal to join the Broncos in April was, everyone and their Blaine Gabbert-loving mother said, imminent.

But now Kaepernick is happy in San Francisco — that’s right: happy, the opposite of sad. He said it Thursday! “I was happy to get back on the field this week.” So there you have it.

And, well, yes: It seems possible that Kap is less happy with the prospect of staying with the 49ers than he is frustrated by talks with Denver, which reportedly broke down over salary negotiations. In San Francisco, the quarterback will make $11.9 million guaranteed salary over the 2016 season; the Broncos, according to a source, offered $7 million for the year.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfCfezzvOEQ

Kaepernick has since chalked his transfer request up to business maneuvering. And even if it was nothing more than cold, hard cash keeping him in the Bay, can you blame him? I would pee in an awful lot of cups for $4.9 million.

The irony here is that among NFL quarterbacks, the speedy Kaepernick is one of the strongest candidates to succeed in newly hired head coach Chip Kelly’s breakneck offense. So maybe, as a happier Kap settles back into San Francisco (and tries to retake the starting job from Gabbert), a new question will emerge: when will it sink in that he was in the right system all along?

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
Another NFL QB ruined by "the system" this guy lead this team to a super bowl and ran all over the NFC playoff teams. Then a new coach comes in with a new system and the guy sucks ! He looked totally lost last year, and played like horrible. Sometime I think these NFL coaches and coordinators are to proud and don't bend their system to fit their players and it ruins the Quarterbacks. On the other hand the whiners are going into 2016 with Kapernick, Gabbert and the great chip Kelly, this is going to be entertaining . CANT WAIT FOR WEEK 1 !!!!!!

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Neither Kaepernick or Gabbert scare me. Lets see how happy they are when Aaron Donald has a hold of them.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Neither Kaepernick or Gabbert scare me. Lets see how happy they are when Aaron Donald has a hold of them.

I concur, however, first things first win on the road on the eve of September as the Los Angeles Rams showcase to the 49ers what might have been with Jared Goff.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Unlike most here, I respect Kelly's knowledge of offense. Did not like seeing him roll into this division for that reason. Whiners have a solid defense still, and Kelly is going to get that offense scoring points relatively quickly. They're gonna be a non-fun team to play IMO. And remember that the way Kelly cooks down the reads and whatnot for his QB will mean it doesn't matter who ends up starting. I think it will be Kaep, but we'll see.

Long-term I'm comfortable with where the Rams sit in relation to them though. As long as we kick their @$$es this season it's all good.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I for one want to see a lot more of "Kap" in the Back-field this season!!
QUINN.jpg

Eugene Sims8.jpg

Donald3.jpg
It's just not as nice if he's not in the game!:rolllaugh::mrburnsevil:

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
My prediction is that Blaine Gabbert starts the opener against the Rams. Kaepernick is much too erratic, and turnover prone.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I hope he's very happy there and stays in their starting roll for a few more years.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I understand Donald spends so much time there, he signed a lease with an option to buy in the 49ers backfield.

jap

Legend

The Mighty One: "Aaron, you grab one leg; I'll grab the
other, and let's make a loud wish!" :headexplosion::death: