Colin Kaepernick is still struggling and it is going to cost him $100 million

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I said it a million times and I'll say it til I'm blue in the face, Harbaugh and the 9ers made the biggest mistake of their regime by giving up on Alex Smith to go with the shiny ~*new breed*~ of QB in Kaep and trying to heap the failures of the past onto Smith. Mostly because I love saying it. :D

Kaep is what he is, a guy with a bomb of an arm, and really fast, but the accuracy and QB mentality of a peewee player whose dad forced him to play even though all he wanted to do was go home and play video games. His everything relied on him escaping pressure and making big runs, and occasionally beating with the pass, but that dumbass organization doesn't want that, they don't want their 'hot commodity' taking hits, so they're trying to turn him into a pocket passer and make him do things he's never done before.

And surprise surprise, he completely sucks at it. Having a big arm can only help so much before you kind of have to make sure you can get it even remotely close to your receivers to make plays, and when he failed before he had Frank Gore to rely on to break 10 tackles and get first downs seemingly at will.

Now it's all Kaep and they're finding out what everyone else already knew, he's crap. He's basically 2000s Michael Vick. All running and no throwing, because he CAN'T throw well enough. Cost Harbaugh his job, and now it's embarrassing icehole York and Jim "
Carl Brutananadilewski" Tomsula.

I have no doubts if the guy could game manager the Chiefs to 11-5, that Smith could have game managed the 9ers to a win in the super bowl with that stout D and Gore, Davis and Crabtree playing out of their minds.

But instead they got the INT machine and now it's a wonder if he'll even be on the team, and I love it.
It seems you're on the same page with many of us here.
Haurbaugh chose his QB, thinking he could coach him up. Well, Haurbaugh screwed this team for years by letting Smith go.

Thank you Harbaugh, for this great gift, of setting the once talented niners back a few years. Your dumbassity has made many Rams fans very happy.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Thank you Harbaugh, for this great gift, of setting the once talented niners back a few years. Your dumbassity has made many Rams fans very happy.
Yeah this sums up my post pretty well, we dodged a HUGE bullet. Smith could have made this team dangerous, instead we get to watch Kaep melt down and the Bay fill with tears.

Damn good turnover, thanks for thinking you're so much smarter than everyone Harbaugh!

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Yeah this sums up my post pretty well, we dodged a HUGE bullet. Smith could have made this team dangerous, instead we get to watch Kaep melt down and the Bay fill with tears.

Damn good turnover, thanks for thinking you're so much smarter than everyone Harbaugh!
I'm happy for Smith. he went through some very tumultuous years with that F'd up franchise. He had a new system every year he was there I believe. It's good to see that he has found a home.

SuperMan28

Hall of Fame
Ummm... that's not good news for us. Kap being locked in a terribly over priced contract, like Wilson's, is what we wanted.

But Kap is a douche sooo... :LOL:

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ummm... that's not good news for us. Kap being locked in a terribly over priced contract, like Wilson's, is what we wanted.

But Kap is a douche sooo... :LOL:

Yeah, it'd be nice if it weren't an intelligently set up contract, so the 9ers would be in Cap Hell for years. But they still have to get a decent QB, along with everything else that is going wrong.

Somebody (I think) jokingly suggested Bradford for them, with CK going to the Eagles as a free agent after being cut. That actually wouldn't shock me, at least the first part. I could see SF taking a chance on SB when his contract ends, and giving him too much money for what he's actually done up to this point.

Unless they end up low enough to get a top QB in the draft, of course. Even though I hate the 49ers, I would like for them to do well enough that they can't get that elite QB at the top of the draft, so their rebuild takes longer. But that's just me.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
i'm not sure where the negative is ? A young guy gets millions throwing a ball around. 60 mil. a 100 mil. ...? lol who cares?

anyone in their right mind wishes to be him in most contexts.

I'm not sure what you mean ??? Anybody would want to make that kind of dollars ???

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Yeah, it'd be nice if it weren't an intelligently set up contract, so the 9ers would be in Cap Hell for years. But they still have to get a decent QB, along with everything else that is going wrong.

Somebody (I think) jokingly suggested Bradford for them, with CK going to the Eagles as a free agent after being cut. That actually wouldn't shock me, at least the first part. I could see SF taking a chance on SB when his contract ends, and giving him too much money for what he's actually done up to this point.

Unless they end up low enough to get a top QB in the draft, of course. Even though I hate the 49ers, I would like for them to do well enough that they can't get that elite QB at the top of the draft, so their rebuild takes longer. But that's just me.

They're going to get a quarterback in this year's draft no matter where they pick. I'm just praying that they don't get Jared Goff.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
The bad news keeps coming .....:snicker::popcorn:

Antoine Bethea placed on season-ending injured reserve by 49ers
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...-antoine-bethea-season-ending-injured-reserve

The OL is now returning to mortality. The loss of three veteran OL'ers in that OL in 2015 paints a big picture here. Can you name the center right starting trio? ORT Erik Pears Journeyman. ORG Jordan Devey 2nd season UDFA Journeyman . Center Marcus Martin who was a 2nd day draft pick. From the opening 2014 season starting OL the 9ers has only one OL'er who is playing in the same position. That right side of the line leaves a lot to be desired.

The loss of Anthony Davis RT, Daniel Kilgore OC, Mike Iupati OLG & top #6th OL'er Joe Looney ....all gave the Rams defense all they could handle for many past seasons.

Guess my point is the investments $$$ & growing (High Drafting)of your offensive line (as we have all learned) is absolutely vital with the defensive talent lined up across them these days in the NFL. The 9ers will limp into St Louis next week, will they be a wounded mad dog?

Jim Harbaugh follies contributed to 49ers' downfall since Super Bowl XLVII
http://espn.go.com/blog/san-francis...-since-super-bowl-xlvii?ex_cid=espnapi_public

Last edited:

Alan

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
"Guess my point is the investments $$$ & growing (High Drafting)of your offensive line (as we have all learned) is absolutely vital with the defensive talent lined up across them these days in the NFL."
Interesting concept. :whistle:

iced

So awesome on so many levels.

Also another great reminder on why I will never buy madden again (lot of SF homers on EA's team, and its based in the bay area). I laughed every time I saw Colin Kaepernick's rating in that game, I think it was like 88 or 90 overall at one point on launch day and their team has consistently been overrated, especially the QB position. :D:rolllaugh::rolllaugh:

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
"Guess my point is the investments $$$ & growing (High Drafting)of your offensive line (as we have all learned) is absolutely vital with the defensive talent lined up across them these days in the NFL."
Interesting concept. :whistle:

Its just my theory here, over the last decade more....most outstanding talented football players are going heavy on the defensive side of the game. Once again IMO, the NFL DL's today have the best most dynamic players going up weekly against the outgunned, out of date past era OL's . The DL's are eating the OL lunches on a regular basis.

Days are long gone when the GM & HC's could just tend to the OL's as an after thought (late in the 3rd day of the draft or off the wavier wire) after all other of their teams units have been talent loaded & then go & get by on game day.

No where is it more evident than watching this 2015 Rams newborn baby OL and in my above post on the 9ers OL decline. Better keep fertilizing that OL on an ongoing basis. I thinking that Snead & Fisher may have figured it out (late) but never-less we are going in the right direction here.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I know a lot of 49er fans. And I told them when they promoted Kap over Smith that was a mistake. Then they got rid of Smith. Now they might have to use a high pick for another QB when they have so many other needs. Dontcha just love it? :yess:

Alan

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
BonifayRam seeing the trend:
Its just my theory here, over the last decade more....most outstanding talented football players are going heavy on the defensive side of the game. Once again IMO, the NFL DL's today have the best most dynamic players going up weekly against the outgunned, out of date past era OL's . The DL's are eating the OL lunches on a regular basis.

Days are long gone when the GM & HC's could just tend to the OL's as an after thought (late in the 3rd day of the draft or off the wavier wire) after all other of their teams units have been talent loaded & then go & get by on game day.

No where is it more evident than watching this 2015 Rams newborn baby OL and in my above post on the 9ers OL decline. Better keep fertilizing that OL on an ongoing basis. I thinking that Snead & Fisher may have figured it out (late) but never-less we are going in the right direction here.
Couldn't agree more Bonafay. It's really all about the QB on both sides of the ball. Giving or preventing the QB enough time to find an open receiver is what it's all about. Given enough time, even mediocre receivers can get open. On many teams, even the rushing game is used to keep the DL/LB corps honest to, surprise surprise, give the QB more time to throw in their passing plays. We've done poor job of understanding the corollary to the benefits of what a great D-line means for a team which is the concomitant need for a great O-line to counter that.
Have we learned that? I'm skeptical.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They're going to get a quarterback in this year's draft no matter where they pick. I'm just praying that they don't get Jared Goff.

Of course they'll get a QB - I just want it to be somebody that other teams are not convinced will be a star, or at least that other teams don't think there is a good chance of that happening.

Where they will be picking they could still find a star, but I want them to have to gamble at least - or have to trade up to get the guy they want, hurting their depth for years. Which is why I want them to win a few more games at least. Still suck, still finish last in the division, but have like the 6th or 7th pick.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Of course they'll get a QB - I just want it to be somebody that other teams are not convinced will be a star, or at least that other teams don't think there is a good chance of that happening.

Where they will be picking they could still find a star, but I want them to have to gamble at least - or have to trade up to get the guy they want, hurting their depth for years. Which is why I want them to win a few more games at least. Still suck, still finish last in the division, but have like the 6th or 7th pick.

Let's pray for trading up for Connor Cook then.

fearsomefour

Legend
2016 Opening day.
Kap in Philly.
Bradford in SF.
It fits for both.
I could see Kap in Philly....Bradford in SF, not so much. Not with that line.
There are more teams that need QBs than QBs so, they will both find work I am sure.
I could see Bradford in NE earning a nice $4M a year to bench ride behind Brady and take over one day.