Colin Kaepernick Impressing Kurt Warner With Progress

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Rams and Cardinals fans weren’t please when Kurt Warner agreed to work with 49ers QB Colin Kaepernick, but now they have greater reason for worry as the passer is impressing Warner in his touch passing drills.

Watch Warner/Kaepernick Story

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
Unless Kurt has figured out how to get him a brain transplant, I'm not very worried.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Gotta wonder what people expect him to say, he stinks? never gonna get it?
I put little if any stock in the words of a guy who rarely says anything negative about anyone to give an objective assessment of a guy who's paying him, just sayin'.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
kaepernicksucks_zps1bcf2872.jpg

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
God I can't wait to watch the Rams sack that bozo 100 times a game next year. Biggest douchebag in NFL history. Seriously.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
real easy throwing a football without 250lb+ men charging at you. get ready Kap cus we'll be bringing at least 5 every down ;)

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Gotta wonder what people expect him to say, he stinks? never gonna get it?
I put little if any stock in the words of a guy who rarely says anything negative about anyone to give an objective assessment of a guy who's paying him, just sayin'.

Exactly what I was thinking.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
He's mentoring the guy...Think he's going to make himself look bad by saying he hasn't progressed after first say that he had ??? That would reflect poorly on Warner, he's not going to do that...I agree, the next time Warner actually says somebody really doesn't have it, will be the 1st...

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Borrowed Brendas ? :whistle:

Ouch

A few years ago Mike Vick worked very hard at becoming a pocket passer. It was toward the end of his Atlanta days. That season he came out throwing and it looked like the training really paid off. Then you started to see him slowly morph back into who he is. 20+ years of muscle memory and mind conditioning cannot be overcome by an offseason of training.

Colin should have spent the money on more tattooes and whatever Crip he hired to teach him how to pretend to talk like a brother.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Ouch

A few years ago Mike Vick worked very hard at becoming a pocket passer. It was toward the end of his Atlanta days. That season he came out throwing and it looked like the training really paid off. Then you started to see him slowly morph back into who he is. 20+ years of muscle memory and mind conditioning cannot be overcome by an offseason of training.

Colin should have spent the money on more tattooes and whatever Crip he hired to teach him how to pretend to talk like a brother.
Ya know BS aside , I remember well the attitudes around here when the Cards signed Palmer ,overall we were contemptuous many called him a has been and IMO when other teams in division make moves our reaction tends to be less than objective.At that time I dissented and felt if given a chance with a good team and some protection Palmer could spin the ball and could IF protected could be formidable . I will say this though if I were Ariens I would consider playing my third string QB against us even if 1 and 2 were healthy:cool:.
Anyway,IF anyone can reform and inform a guy like Kap,it's Warner. He IS the most successful of the Martz QB tree , he absorbed a huge amount of knowledge from MM ,is consumed with the importance culture personal standards etc. play IMO IF anyone CAN straighten Kap up off the field ,get him to get out of the clubs and into the playbook, and impart to Kap the knowledge Martz all his students proclaim he gave them it's Kurt.

When asked about Warner Wisenhunt credits Kurt for overhauling the approach of almost the entire Cardinal organization, even him,I think very little of Kap and believe Kurt has his work cut out for him in turning a sows ear into a silk purse,but if I had to turn an athlete into a QB I think Kurt is who I'd turn to and hope for Martz like results.

BTW I don't mean any of this as a critique of my brethren,we are self confessed homers here , it's just that being homers sometimes we express what we hope as what we believe will happen.

My HOPE is that Warner doesn't get through to CK , but I am wary.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
BTW I don't mean any of this as a critique of my brethren,we are self confessed homers here , it's just that being homers sometimes we express what we hope as what we believe will happen.

Not me. I really don't believe that Kurts teachings will have a lasting affect. I really don't believe Kaepernick will be able to change. His shortcomings are as severe as his attributes.