Colin Kaepernick: I feel like I need to do more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Your "Ya think?" thread of the day. Getting the popcorn. :popcorn:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/06/10/colin-kaepernick-i-feel-like-i-need-to-do-more/

Colin Kaepernick: I feel like I need to do more
Posted by Josh Alper on June 10, 2015

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznpwywnzk5zjk0mwu3ngzjnwfhymy3y2mxytjhngmwzmiw-e1433945006593.jpeg
AP

The 49ers have had an offseason filled with change, but one thing that remains the same is the identity of the starting quarterback.

Colin Kaepernick will remain in the same spot in the lineup, providing continuity amid the upheaval that’s gone on elsewhere in the lineup. Kaepernick doesn’t want that continuity to extend to his performance, however. On Tuesday, Kaepernick said that he needs to do a better job for the team this year than he did in 2014.

“I do feel like I need to do more, but not because of [the changes],” Kaepernick said, via the San Jose Mercury News. “Offensively, last year for us, we feel it was a letdown. We should be able to do more, and we plan to do more this year. We’re working toward that. As far as our defense, they’re confident with who they have and who’s playing. They’re confident in their abilities to make plays over there.”

Kaepernick isn’t the first person to share the feeling that the team needs to get more from their quarterback, so there’s not likely to be much argument about his assessment. There’s been a lot of talk from inside the organization about improvements in Kaepernick’s delivery and technique, so there’s optimism around the club that he can make it happen.

Kaepernick shares that optimism thanks to changes to the offense under new coordinator Geep Chryst make it more “comfortable and friendly,” especially in terms of the chances to throw the ball deep to the newly arrived Torrey Smith and Jerome Simpson. If he can take advantage of them and make the necessary strides, it would be a big step in the right direction for a franchise that’s appeared to take some the opposite way since the end of last season.
----------
You sure are sharp there Kaepernick
---------
You do need to do more… more smart things and a lot fewer stupid things.
---------
Running your mouth on twitter isn’t exactly doing more……
----------
How long is the retirement paper process, cmon Kaepernick stop procrastinating.
--------
He needs to learn how to be a real QB, but it doesn’t appear he has the smarts.
--------
I look forward to Kraeppy throwing deep
---------
How about less bicep kissing and less calling yourself “the man.” Learn humility from the great ones. It will be a start. Win and lose with CLASS. If not, you have 1-2 years left in the league.
---------
The rest of the NFC West has little to fear from this clown.

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
I didn't realize the 49ers signed Jerome Simpson to a 2 year deal. They gave a guy a 2 year deal that didn't play a down of football all last year. They're making some crazy signings in SF, including that rugby player that's never played football before. Simpson infamously had 2.5lbs of marijuana delivered to his house. Simpson should have listened to the advice of standup comic Mitch Hedberg and used FedEx.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
I like how this comes hot off the heels of him working with Warner and becoming a 'new man' and the wheels are already falling off.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
With the 49ers losing all of their core players, Colin certainly will have to do more if his team is to be competitive.

I wonder if he can play Linebacker, ORT and DT?

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
No you don't Collin. You can just continue being the giant douchebag we all know. You are representing your team well in doing so.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
7top being a 7uch a 7ack of 7hit, for 7tarters.

Leuzer

Daniel Leu
Kaepernick
..........is..........
The 7torm.

(What the fuck is a seven-torm?)

Demand n 1

" Let the cool water take me under"
Name
doc
Love to hear that a very successful QB needs to tweak his game. Love him (not), hate him(yup), he has won often and won 4 post season tilts. Money on 3rd down 90.5 qbr /8.4 ypc . outruns any, all LB's. High rate on passes over the middle, Big-6'4" 230lb, long strider, durable.
So what is to tweak? Maybe it is a head thing.
Those who know football, not me, have sited lack of touch,average accuracy, poor anticipation, long throwing motion, sluggish foot work, inability to read D's, no progression. Now the telling blow. 59.4 qbr in the pocket and 106.9 on out of pocket scrambles.
If I am Greg W , I can fix that out of pocket thing better than Kurt W can fix that, can't read, no progression thing.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
With all the player that have jumped ship, for one reason or another. Kaepernick Stands to have just two chances of success Slim and none, and Slim just left town!! I predict lots of this ..
QUINN.jpg

and this ..
Colin+Kaepernick+San+Francisco+49ers+v+St+KLrw5GFzk2Kl.jpg

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I have reconsidered my previous opinion, on how we should treat Kap and the rest of the poor 49ers. Let's treat them like, I think, they would treat us ..
200.gif

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No, Colon... you need to do less... less yapping.

But then, no one would know you were on this earth.