Colin Cowherd:

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I hope Prescott and some of his team mates take a knee and see how big of a pair Jones has.

Since he decided to play "chicken".

Wentz is not the future, but that discussion will remain open for a bit.

Goff, not the same. He's proven he can play in a different way.

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
I'm surprised Cowherd left out Mariota and Newton and the new kid from Houston. I like our guy, Goff. But wow.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
He basically said the 2016 draft class is the future; will say that class is similar to 2004 (see Rivers, E. Manning, and Roethlisberger)

Hope Goff replicates Roethlisberger's success

Zodi

Hall of Fame
I'm surprised Cowherd left out Mariota and Newton and the new kid from Houston. I like our guy, Goff. But wow.

Watson is a beast, and s great kid. I also think Winston will be successful in this league for s long time.

But I like Goff above them all. He's resilient.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I really like Winston as a young QB. Think you can build around him and all. But I've always felt like the Goff/Wentz class was underrated in the way they were looked at going in, because their upside to me at that time was easily on par with Winston and Mariota. And I would have taken both those guys before Winston at that time.

Now Dak I just didn't see being the guy he is. But yeah in hindsight he's also in that early round 1 class, so that was a pretty good class coming out in terms of all three of those guys (Goff/Wentz/Prescott) looking like high end QBs. Plus and maybe more importantly, their teams in general are set up for what looks like good runs offensively with coaching and talent, so the sustained success is probably going to be there.

Lot can change in one year, granted, but I agree with Cowherd on that.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
One of the things that he's stressed over the last few weeks is the NFC except for one team is good at the QB position. With Trubisky starting now he says that every team in the NFC either has an established starter or the young QB of the future. That team missing is the Whiners but we can add a couple teams in Arizona and the Giants with their aging and under performing QB's. But he's got a point 16 NFC teams and you might see only 1 or 2 going after a QB in the off season and draft this coming off season. He's never been a big fan of Winston and Mariota but he's still young and he includes him overall but things the 3 he listed are the best of the future in the NFC. In the AFC you have many more questions and aging QB's that could be replaced.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I hope Prescott and some of his team mates take a knee and see how big of a pair Jones has.

Wentz is not the future, but that discussion will remain open for a bit.

Goff, not the same. He's proven he can play in a different way.

Wentz looked to be the future against the Cardinals. He looked very strong and accurate.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo

200.webp

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Pretty sure Jerruh hedged that bet before he uttered those words.

Jerruh:
Uh... gentlemen...i...uh...do...not...uh...want...to..see..uh...anyone...uh...taking...uh..a...uh...knee......uh...are...we...uh...clear?

Nods from everyone

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Pretty sure Jerruh hedged that bet before he uttered those words.

Jerruh:
Uh... gentlemen...i...uh...do...not...uh...want...to..see..uh...anyone...uh...taking...uh..a...uh...knee......uh...are...we...uh...clear?

Nods from everyone

The NFL will pass a rule about standing. The NBA did it years ago but the NFL hasn't done it yet. After last year you'd think they would be smart enough to do it and head off the whole thing but Roger is pretty dense sometimes.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
The NFL will pass a rule about standing. The NBA did it years ago but the NFL hasn't done it yet. After last year you'd think they would be smart enough to do it and head off the whole thing but Roger is pretty dense sometimes.
Apparently it actually is in the CBA. It may be a bit difficult to enforce because it uses language like "should" instead of "shall"

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Apparently it actually is in the CBA. It may be a bit difficult to enforce because it uses language like "should" instead of "shall"

Yes, they are required to be on the field.

The NBA bylaw says that the coaches (all of them) and the players must stand in an orderly line during the anthem.

The NFL will copy that post haste.

Sometimes Rog is a little slow on the uptake.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
The NBA bylaw says that the coaches (all of them) and the players must stand in an orderly line during the anthem.
I doesn't say must and that is why it is technically unenforceable as a rule. The owners probably still could enforce it but I'm not sure it actually would be something they would want to push. In any contract or employment manual, once you make a rule, trying to enforce it in a manner inconsistent with its exact wording is problematic. A common rule of thumb told to me by our labor attorneys was - if in doubt, leave it out.

Here's the rule:
"The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses."