Colin Cowherd Trashes Eagles Fans

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
FWIW, I've been talking to a bunch of Iggles fans, and most of them are pretty cool.
But, Colin Cowherd seems to think much differently.

View: https://soundcloud.com/jbm19426/colin-cowherd-trashes-eagles-fans

From a Philly blog: (LINK)

Yesterday, in response to Eagles fans’ response to Chip Kelly’s confusing free agency moves, Colin Cowherd decided it was time for him to do his best Keith Olbermann impression and hike himself up on his high horse, saying:

“But this morning, Philadelphia fans — impulsive, jersey-wearing, parochial, short-term thinking, overly emotional, — that offer very little context, they’re mostly screamers … “You don’t understand.” No, I do. The coach who hasn’t had a losing season in 15 years if you go back, he’s doing some things and you don’t know what to make of it because it’s stuff you can’t predict and he sees the world differently. Sorry Philadelphia fans. They got rid of a couple of guys whose jerseys you owned. You’re 46. Stop wearing jerseys meatball. That’s a you problem.”
But that wasn’t enough for Cowherd, because he had some more idiocy to spout today:

There’s a pied piper effect. Chip has it. Running backs want to play with him. They call him. Very rarely do players call a coach “please recruit me.” It doesn’t work that way … Ya know I know Tony you’re gonna wait all day. Teddy and Bobby and Larry in Philly you’re gonna wait eight hours to talk to the host and complain about Chip Kelly. Listen. When the top coaches in football got on planes and flew to talk to this guy, it’s a pretty good indication …

When you listen to LA sports radio, nobody’s really angry [Ed. note: Maybe that’s why they couldn’t keep a football team], but for years and years Boston and Philly guys are so angry. The fans are so ticked off. And you just don’t get that in Dallas. You don’t get that in Phoenix. You don’t get it in Los Angeles … In Tampa you don’t get it. But there’s something about Philly and Boston, especially Philadelphia, the fans are just angry. There’s venom. And it’s “We care more about” oh, stop it. Like one city in the country cares more about sports. Like New Yorkers don’t care about sports. Like people in Chicago don’t care about sports. Chicago fans aren’t angry. I listen to Chicago sports radio, fans are funny. But in Philadelphia, their fans are angry 24/7, they’ve got all the answers, you can’t move them off certain things … It’s just the way Philadelphia sports radio is. They way it always has been. So I just love taking Philly fans and just poking them in the ribs because they’re always wrong*. There’s no fanbase in the country that’s wrong more than Philly fans. The louder and angrier the sports fan is anywhere, the more wrong he is, and Philly fans, if there was a statistic for fans who are wrong the most, Philly fans are number one and they’ve led in that category for fifty years or however long sports radio has been around.

They sit on hold forever, call absolutely sure they have the answers. I think Chip Kelly knows what he’s doing. And if he doesn’t why is Urban and Belichick going out of their way to talk to him regularly and why do players seek playing with him … The smart guys will overwhelmingly be on the right side of the argument. So in this instance who do you believe: Sports radio caller or Urban Meyer, Bill Belichick, Chip Kelly, the smart guys? Ya gotta understand. Player personnel is not a science … but you have to trust their plan.​

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
In general I like Cowherd. But I hate it when his topic is the latest current event. He is on this 'Kelly is a genius' kick lately. A week ago he was saying the Rams could be good if they only had a QB and now the Eagles are great because they have Bradford. I still listen but he goes into this routine where he is ignorant to all of the callers and acts like they are idiots and hangs up on them and says Sheesh!

On a normal day he is a good listen and has some good theories and I love when he has Cossell on and other personnel people. He is good at making picks too. But I need to learn to turn him off on the current event stuff. He just picks a side and then tries to annoy people into calling in.

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
... or you'll be living in a van down by the river!

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
... or you'll be living in a van down by the river!
th

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I gotta say though - he hit it right on the head with most Philly fans. Feel so bad that it hurt their delicate sensibilities. I don't particularly like Collin's show if you have to watch him but I like listening to him. He used to be the local sports guy on NBC in Portland. Sure was a far cry better than most in his shoes.