Colin Cowherd Show Hour 3 from Friday Dec 9th Harbaugh to Rams a real thing per Albert Breer

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
If this ever happened I would need to be in a room by myself for several minutes.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
As long is not a patted room :hiding:

Nope....This has been used before, but it puts it in proper perspective:
randy_copy3.jpg

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
I just don't see Harbaugh leaving Michigan.

It's his own little kingdom. I think his overbearing personality works there more so than in the NFL.

Michigan would put up a hell of a fight to prevent losing him.

He makes more money than Saban, who won't go back to the NFL either IMO.

He's done both and I believe that he's where he has chosen to be.

I know that he's top of the fan food chain but I have to feel it's not happening.

Just an opinion.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well, that confirms he wont be leaving Michigan to coach the Rams....

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Well, that confirms he wont be leaving Michigan to coach the Rams....

Quite sure Breer was first and right about him leaving the NFL for college, so we have that.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://ninerswire.usatoday.com/2016/11/25/will-jim-harbaugh-return-to-the-nfl-in-2017/

Will Jim Harbaugh return to the NFL in 2017?

harbaugh.jpg

Jim Harbaugh has never stayed at one coaching job for more than four seasons. He’s in his second year at Michigan, his alma mater, and seems happier than a pig in slop.

But people in NFL circles believe there’s a chance Harbaugh comes back to the NFL in 2017, despite turning around a Wolverines program fighting for a spot in the college football playoff. A win Saturday over fierce rival second-ranked Ohio State could have Michigan, ranked third, thinking national championship.

The NFL’s Career Development Advisory panel put Harbaugh on its yearly list of recommended coaching candidates prior to 2017, according to Pro Football Talk.

Per a source with knowledge of the list, Michigan coach Jim Harbaugh is on the preliminary list. Other candidates on the preliminary list include Lions defensive coordinator Teryl Austin, Cowboys offensive coordinator Scott Linehan, Cardinals offensive coordinator Harold Goodwin, Patriots defensive coordinator Matt Patricia, and Dolphins defensive coordinator Vance Joseph.

Harbaugh’s presence on the list will raise eyebrows; there’s no reason to think he’ll be heading back to the NFL, and Michigan fans surely will bristle at the perception that he could be lured away. As the source explained it, Harbaugh is on the list because he’s a good coach, he is proving at Michigan that he wins wherever he goes, and he was a winner during his time with the 49ers.

It seems inevitable Harbaugh will come back to the NFL after becoming the first coach in league history to go to the conference title game in his first three seasons with San Francisco from 2011 to 2013.

But leaving Michigan after only two years seems unlikely, even for Harbaugh, who has a well-known history of clashing with his superiors. Michigan seems like the perfect job for Captain Khaki, where he can cycle through players every few seasons – rather than grating on NFL players who stick around longer.

Our money’s on Harbaugh staying at Michigan for four seasons. He’ll enter 2018, his fourth year, with championship-or-bust expectations that will lead to all sorts of blame-gaming when the Wolverines fail to make the college football playoff or a post-New Years bowl game.

Then Harbaugh will jump ship to the NFL and coach the Rams, who will be trying to make a post-Jeff Fisher splash, as they move into their new $2.6-billion stadium in 2019. After all, how could he pass up the chance to troll Jed York and get crushed two times a year by the Seahawks?

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
The Rams represent the perfect vehicle for Harbaugh's vengeance over the Whiners:

1. Division opponent.
2. Top talent QB, which he did not have in SF.
3. Top talent RB.
4. Partially rebuilt OL.
5. Solid defense that could be great with a little more stability at CB and more edge pressure.
6. Top-notch venue coming in 2019 for him to play in, best digs in the NFL.
7. Super-rich owner with deep pockets who doesn't micromanage.

I would also need some personal time if this were to happen. And you know, I think it is possible IF Stan woos him and throws a big salary at him, both of which I have to think will be on his offseason schedule.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
It's his own little kingdom. I think his overbearing personality works there more so than in the NFL.
This is the biggest reason why I don't think he will even sniff the NFL for quite some time. He has built a powerhouse team in Ann Arbor in just two years. He has a temper fit for college not the NFL. It's easier to "manipulate" college players vs. highly paid professional athletes. He found out rather quickly how it can crumble after a couple years of success when he was with the whiners. Unless it's about money and status, he will stay put. Right now he is the "King of Ann Arbor" and unless it implodes, he will be there for a long time. Too many Michigan alums will convince him to stay.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Of all the Coaching possibilities Harbaugh is the only one that would make me "HURL" if they brought him in! I would want to shoot myself!!

Last edited:

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Harbaugh and disfunction go hand in hand. He's unstable.

He can stay in Michigan. I want a coach that's going to be here for more than a couple years and wear out his welcome.

Think Pat's and Steelers. That's where we need to look.

Last edited:

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Harbaugh as Rams HC laying furious vengence upon his former club Satan's Friends twice a year would be epic!!!

I'll take it!

If he Rams job opened up it would be the best job in the NFL hands down

If Harbaugh decides to return to the NFL I doubt he gets another shot as sweet as the Rams gig

I'd bet Kroenke is the perfect owner from a HC perspective -- look at Wenger and Fisher when it comes to job security and a hands off owner.

Last edited:

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
Only way you can convince me Harbaugh leaves Michigan is if he says it himself. I dont see any benefit for him to leave Michigan

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
The only thing I hate more than Harblaugh is losing every fucking year. I'm tired, i say bring his ass in here if we get the chance.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
I like the Shannahan(s) idea.