Cole: Report: Rams could start Mannion if Goff struggles

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Goff is McVays QB, do you think the Rams hire him if he says he can't or isn't able to work with and succeed with Goff? Also this narrative that he's not tied to Goff applies as much or more to the later round pick Mannion. The only way I'd consider the backup a threat is if he'd brought in a backup from another team he had history with or had drafted somebody this year.

One thing McVay had continually said about every position is that the best players will play and there will be competition. Yet the only position people try to infer meaning to is the QB. Just makes us laugh. Mannion can have all the competition he wants with Goff. He just doesn't have Goffs physical ability and doesn't have much of a chance to win the job.

No every position is competition for some reason people tend to think he doesn't mean the QB spot lol.

He isn't tied to ANY of the QBs that's why it's a competition so he can get a close up look at both of them under similar circumstances. Whether is a "Real" competition doesn't matter but just putting that narrative out there helps both QBS. Idk how or why people are so afraid of competition

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No every position is competition for some reason people tend to think he doesn't mean the QB spot lol.

He isn't tied to ANY of the QBs that's why it's a competition so he can get a close up look at both of them under similar circumstances. Whether is a "Real" competition doesn't matter but just putting that narrative out there helps both QBS. Idk how or why people are so afraid of competition
I don't think it's an indictment on any player. I think it's a message to every player that it's a new world and everybody better work hard and know their jobs inside and out or they'll be out. It's a very refreshing change from Fisher.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I gotta go with ole school here...I get what dxmissle is saying but I heard Herm Edwards say something....McVay probably told Snead & Demoff he could "fix" Goff...and Herm says he was brought in to fix him...This is probably part of his solution...Let him earn it ...He should..he's more talented. But I like the tone....Stop giving dudes jobs...targets...time. But Goff should win this position...if he's breathing, he's playing.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't think it's an indictment on any player. I think it's a message to every player that it's a new world and everybody better work hard and know their jobs inside and out or they'll be out. It's a very refreshing change from Fisher.
Exactly and that's really all I'm saying. Hell even I expect Goff to win the Job besides all the stuff I say about Mannion I would rather Goff start and play well. I just like competition because I think it makes the team better

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I gotta go with ole school here...I get what dxmissle is saying but I heard Herm Edwards say something....McVay probably told Snead & Demoff he could "fix" Goff...and Herm says he was brought in to fix him...This is probably part of his solution...Let him earn it ...He should..he's more talented. But I like the tone....Stop giving dudes jobs...targets...time. But Goff should win this position...if he's breathing, he's playing.
#nailedit