Coldest Game Ever?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamzFanz

Damnit
At what point do you come to your senses and cancel the game?

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-s...n-bay-might-colder-famous-162822412--nfl.html

The "Ice Bowl," one of the most iconic games in NFL history, had a wind chill of minus-48 degrees. It's almost inhuman to play football in that weather.

And Sunday's game at Green Bay might be even colder than that.

According to the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel, the bad forecast for Green Bay's game against the 49ers got worse. According to AccuWeather, the high will be minus-five degrees, the low will be minus-20 and the wind chill will be ... MINUS-51 DEGREES.

No wonder Green Bay was having trouble selling out this game.

The "Ice Bowl" is the coldest game in NFL history, at minus-13 degrees. The coldest game in NFL history in terms of wind chill was the Chargers-Bengals AFC title game in January of 1982, at 59 degrees below zero. This game has a chance to threaten both of those records.

The second-coldest game in Lambeau Field history was the NFC championship game against the Giants at the end of the 2007 season, at minus-one degree. That mark is definitely in danger.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I think, after you hit -10 degrees, it's just fucking cold. -10, -20, -50 ... at some point, it just doesn't feel any colder.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
It will suck for the fans im sure, but the players are getting paid millions so they can tough it out. I love these type of games, they are classics!!!

Alan

Legend
You people are sick! :cray: It starts getting cold at 65F.

A55VA6

Legend
My friend is going to the game in Green Bay. Supposed to be a wind chill of -25 or worse. Screw that! I'll be watching from my nice, warm home. haha

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Huh... I'm guessing that translates to too cold for the whiners? Fuck the whiners. And yes that is French. I took three years of it in high school so I know.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
"Alan, apparently being my mom "]You people are sick! :cray: It starts getting cold at 65F.

Too funny. But I thought you lived in NH. Do you just stay indoors?

Alan

Legend
I'm sitting in front of my computer wearing an undershirt, a shirt, a sweatshirt and a light jacket. This is all because my wife insists on trying to save money by setting the thermostat at 68F. I have an electric blanket on my bed under a sheet, two blankets and a down comforter. It's on all night and I use it until around the middle of June (at its second lowest setting after April). I came to this winter wonderland because of the Biotech jobs in the area and the as yet to be fulfilled promise of global warming. :sad:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I'm sitting in front of my computer wearing an undershirt, a shirt, a sweatshirt and a light jacket. This is all because my wife insists on trying to save money by setting the thermostat at 68F.
Huh. We actually piss money away by setting our thermostat DOWN to 68F. Both the wife and I love it to be cold in the house. Anything colder than 68, and the A/C never stops running though. Right now it's about 65F outside, so we've just opened all the windows. It's one of the rare occasions where it's actually nice out down here.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Yeah - I just went outside and it's 38 degrees. Think I'll stay inside with the windows closed. I called my AC guy out the other day because I thought my heat pump had gone out. Turned out that it was so cold outside (8 degrees) that the heat pump simply couldn't grab enough heat out of the air to get above 60 degrees inside. Can't WAIT to see that electricity bill. We had space heaters all over the place. I thought my meter was going to take off it was spinning so fast.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Its 31 degrees now here @ 8:18 Friday night NWFL....that cold breeze up our ying yang just lets us old guys know were still alive! Being in the deep south the below freeze is a breath of fresh air. Temps the last few night in the high 20's were expecting low 20 early next week that unusual....beats the heat & humidity anytime.

Yes X the AC units just now getting a break....

Alan

Legend
X living high on the hog in his mansion:
Huh. We actually piss money away by setting our thermostat DOWN to 68F. Both the wife and I love it to be cold in the house. Anything colder than 68, and the A/C never stops running though. Right now it's about 65F outside, so we've just opened all the windows. It's one of the rare occasions where it's actually nice out down here.

:sad::sad::sad:

RamFan503 knowing what it's like to live in an Arctic wilderness:
Yeah - I just went outside and it's 38 degrees. Think I'll stay inside with the windows closed. I called my AC guy out the other day because I thought my heat pump had gone out. Turned out that it was so cold outside (8 degrees) that the heat pump simply couldn't grab enough heat out of the air to get above 60 degrees inside. Can't WAIT to see that electricity bill. We had space heaters all over the place. I thought my meter was going to take off it was spinning so fast.

In emergencies like that you should set up a cot next to the brewing vats. With a convenient siphon at hand.:bigup:

NorCalRamFan

The Irony is that Chargers @ Bengals game is if it weren't so damned cold, the Chargers probably win and go on to beat SF in SB 16
So I hope that it's ball-freezing cold and the 49ers lose and whine about it all winter, spring and summer long.
Eddie D can pay off only so many people, but not Mother nature.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I've sat in the stands in minus zero weather.

It's worthwhile every now and then, unless you are a complete and total sissy.