Coin toss > electing to kick

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

raised_fisT

Hall of Fame
OK, I joked about this in an earlier thread but it got me thinking. I know sometimes teams will win the toss and elect to kick to start the game. I am not sure if this happened today but I'm almost positive the team has done this before. (Someone in the know please confirm or deny this)

Anyway...I think this CAN BE a strong tactic if you are confident your DEF can handle business on the opening drive and deflate the opposing team AND give you an edge to start the second half. However, with THIS team I think maybe they should try to get the offense going ASAP. These slow starts are killers and the team is not good enough to play from behind. The team is built to run and typically you get pass heavy when trailing.

Now this post is a moot one if I am incorrect and the Rams don't / haven't ever elected to kick to start... but point being... we need to energize the players and team as a whole SOMEHOW. Can't wait to MAYBE get something going with 5 mins left in the 2nd or at the end of the 3rd. Fish needs to light a fire under these dudes and coaches arses and get some positive results. (fingers crossed) I'm not ready to give up after Week 1.... and I doubt the team is either.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Teams with strong defense like Baltimore and Seattle tend to defer. Teams with high powered offenses like Denver, NE and NO tend to take the ball so that they have the chance to score first and play with a lead, forcing opponents to play catch up.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Yeah, they deferred to start the game. It's cool if you can end the half with a score and get the ball to start the second half.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
If you saw the short pregame interview Fisher gave the infobabe, he referenced AP's "prediction" about taking his first carry to the house,I think that may have been some bulletin board material and Fisher decided to make sure he got the chance to back it up as soon as possible .
We showed him up,kicked his ass a few times , and it was downhill from there .
Dunno if I'd have done that and made my replacement QB sit on the sideline and wait to get in there ,think I'd have gotten Hill in as soon as possible to keep his jitters from building through that drive the Vikes had.
JMO with the benefit of hindsight but I thought when Fish commented he'd let AP get in his head a little