Cody Kessler?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Not a lot of talk about him going in the first round that I have seen. If we miss on Goff and company would does he get a look?

Memphis Ram

Legend
Not a lot of talk about him going in the first round that I have seen. If we miss on Goff and company would does he get a look?

Will be considered blasphemous to some, but he sorta reminds me a little of Montana. However, like Montana/ he stands a snowballs chance in hell in being selected in the first couple of rounds due to his physical limitations.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Game manager, protects the ball , good head smart.
Not athletically gifted or a big arm but makes up for it with pretty sound mechanics and a good head.
I think the combine will set his draft position.
I'd say round 2-3 at the earliest

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He's not getting talk as a first rounder, period. He's a Day 3 guy. Poor physical tools, surrounded by a superstar supporting cast, and has a tendency to fall to shambles when he is under pressure and hit consistently. Watch the Washington game. Started panicking when he didn't have a consistently clean pocket to throw from.

His OL is one of the best in CFB. Has hid his flaws well. Not a player that handles a chaotic pocket or getting pressured consistently well. I think he's a NFL backup.

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
Kessler looked slow to get any sort of progress going. Reminded me of Bradford in that regard. He looks like a 5th rounder at best to me. Average everything.

I like Hogan's game. If he is already changing protections and plays, especially running plays, I take a long hard look at him. He runs with authority and I thought he threw the ball pretty well. He's sneaky athletic and knows how to actually use it. Shaw and Co. called a hell of a game too. Hogan has that look of an intriguing 2nd round pick. Let him sit a year and I think he'd be ready to compete for the job his 2nd year or he'd flame out altogether.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Kessler looked slow to get any sort of progress going. Reminded me of Bradford in that regard. He looks like a 5th rounder at best to me. Average everything.

I like Hogan's game. If he is already changing protections and plays, especially running plays, I take a long hard look at him. He runs with authority and I thought he threw the ball pretty well. He's sneaky athletic and knows how to actually use it. Shaw and Co. called a hell of a game too. Hogan has that look of an intriguing 2nd round pick. Let him sit a year and I think he'd be ready to compete for the job his 2nd year or he'd flame out altogether.

Hard for me to get past that horrific throwing motion for Hogan. He's got a Tebow esque windmill.

Second round is way too early for him.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Hard for me to get past that horrific throwing motion for Hogan. He's got a Tebow esque windmill.

Second round is way too early for him.

Since we are throwing out names why isn't anyone talking about the Clemson QB! Desean Watson? I saw half of the ACC Championship game and heard the announcers talking about how accurate he usually is, especially with the long ball. He is a great runner and can scramble a bit. Sounds like a fit for the Rams, no? Or were those guys making him sound better than he is? This was the first time I've watched Clemson.

He looked very good once he got comfortable. He is a Junior. Did he say he was staying in school?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Since we are throwing out names why isn't anyone talking about the Clemson QB! Desean Watson? I saw half of the ACC Championship game and heard the announcers talking about how accurate he usually is, especially with the long ball. He is a great runner and can scramble a bit. Sounds like a fit for the Rams, no? Or were those guys making him sound better than he is? This was the first time I've watched Clemson.

He looked very good once he got comfortable. He is a Junior. Did he say he was staying in school?

He's a true sophomore. Not eligible.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Must have been a mistake. Above his name toward the beginning of the game it said Junior.

Do you like him?

Can't say. Don't start looking into guys until their draft eligible unless they really stand out to me.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious

It wouldn't be half bad if he got rid of extending it in the bottom left picture.

Hogan-Windup.jpg

920x920.jpg

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It wouldn't be half bad if he got rid of extending it in the bottom left picture.

Hogan-Windup.jpg

920x920.jpg

It's smack dab in the middle of his throwing motion. Something like that is near impossible to change. And it doesn't help that he drops it down to hip level before extending.

FRO

Legend
It's smack dab in the middle of his throwing motion. Something like that is near impossible to change. And it doesn't help that he drops it down to hip level before extending.
Yeah, fumble city. If you are going to have a super long throwing motion you better have a rocket to make up for it. It's one thing to have an odd throwing motion (Rivers) but it's another to have a long throwing motion. I would pass. We already have a development guy in Mannion, if we pick a QB I want it to be a guy with less things I have to fix.