Cody Davis update?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

paceram

Pro Bowler
Any updates on how Cody Davis is progressing at the Rams camp and what are some thoughts on his chances of making the Rams final roster? He seems like a really outstanding young man (Player) and I hope he makes the team.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
paceram said:
Any updates on how Cody Davis is progressing at the Rams camp and what are some thoughts on his chances of making the Rams final roster? He seems like a really outstanding young man (Player) and I hope he makes the team.
Cody Davis is getting reps with the SECOND UNIT, and has done quite well for himself. HE continues to make plays in practice, and anticipates plays and sees them develop.

He made a play in the Browns game that showed his anticipation and nearly intercepted the pass. He also showed his tackling ability with a tackle for loss.

Also seems to be counted on with various Special Teams. At this point, it would be a surprise if he did NOT make the 53 man roster.

JIMERAMS

Pro Bowler
Name
Bill
paceram said:

X2 I've watched all his film I can find and I just don't know why he wasn't drafted? Doesn't make sence to me but what do I know.

Thanks coach for the update I hope this guy is a Ram for a while I think he can be a starter in the future.

paceram

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
CoachO said:
paceram said:
Cody Davis is getting reps with the SECOND UNIT, and has done quite well for himself. HE continues to make plays in practice, and anticipates plays and sees them develop.

He made a play in the Browns game that showed his anticipation and nearly intercepted the pass. He also showed his tackling ability with a tackle for loss.

Also seems to be counted on with various Special Teams. At this point, it would be a surprise if he did NOT make the 54 man roster.

CoachO - Thanks for the update! It's great to hear that he is having a great camp and that you think he has a really good chance to make the final roster! I might be wrong but it won't surprise me to see the Rams have a few 2013 UDFA's (Davis, Armstrong, Cunningham, Lutzenkirchen, Hellmick, Steeples, Blake, etc) make their roster this year. If nothing else they should have a pretty good Practice Squad!

FRO

Legend
CoachO said:
paceram said:

Also seems to be counted on with various Special Teams. At this point, it would be a surprise if he did NOT make the 54 man roster.
He looked good in the Cleveland game. With his size, speed, and production I'm shocked he wasn't drafted. I would be surprised if he got cut.