Cody Davis Senior tape

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4Wo-suc--4[/youtube]

Around the 4:00 mark he has a couple plays against WVU and it includes Austin and Bailey. :razzed:

nighttrain

Legend
over 6' & 200 lbs and a sub 4.4 forty!

This has to be one of the best UDFA ever
train

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
nighttrain said:

train
Agreed, at the end of the video his list of awards is damn impressive for an UDFA.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
It will be interesting to see what the coaches can do with this kid. Good ST pickup if anything for sure. Softli's been saying he's looking impressive in practice with the rookies

nighttrain said:

train

Yeah, this was prob the only udfa I text someone about after we picked him up. That's off the fucking charts.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
"He's a tackling machine!" "One of the best solo tacklers in college football" You gotta like those kinds of statements. He'll be interesting to watch.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Yeah, this kid is not only going to make the team, he's going to see the field plenty. Our D is about set for a long time to come!!!!!!!!!!!!! :zomg:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Ramhusker said:
Yeah, this kid is not only going to make the team, he's going to see the field plenty. Our D is about set for a long time to come!!!!!!!!!!!!! :zomg:

Yeah man. I don't want to jinks him but that's what I'm thinking. Wonder if he becomes our starting FS.

nighttrain

Legend
RamFan503 said:
Ramhusker said:

Yeah man. I don't want to jinks him but that's what I'm thinking. Wonder if he becomes our starting FS.
He looks to have the tools for that position, but maybe lets wait and see. I sure hope he picks up NFL game & the speed of things quikly though. Would love to see him succeed. He and McD could make a great safety combo for years to come
train

Afro Ram

Pro Bowler
I think this guy is a lock to make the team. He may not be starter, but I think he'll be more than a special teamer. He seems to have good cover skills and tackeling, which is a combination most safeties drafted this late (or undrafted in this case) never seem to have.

Honestly, I don't see much of a difference between this guy and McDonald.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
RamFan503 said:
Ramhusker said:

During this weeks mini Fisher has Cody Davis playing free safety. Here's the list of safeties as it is now.

UDFA/Darian Stewart 5-11 216 24-3 projected starter @ SS has 13 Rams starts @ Rams safety.
UDFA/Rodney McLeod 5-10 180 23-2 ST gunner played in all Rams 2012 season games saw action @ free safety.
UDFA/Quinton Pointer 5-9 195 25-2 Played in 6 Ram games in 2012 as 4th CB moved to free safety post this season.
UDFA/Matt Daniels 6-0 211 23-2 Played in 4 Ram games ST's placed on IR had second knee surgery in 2012.
UDFA/Cody Davis 6-2 204 23-R Played at free safety post during mini camp. Was a college team secondary leader.
UDFA/Cannon Smith 6-0 205 22-R
UDFA/ Don Unamba
3rd rd pick/TJ McDonald 6-3 220 22-R Ram first safety drafted in 9 years since OJ Atogwe.

One thing that has bright flashing lights @ you when you review the above list of prospects is the 7 out of 8 UDFA's the Rams have @ safety. How may other NFL teams safety cadre be predominant UDFA's competing?

PROJECTED RAMS FREE/DEEP SAFETY'S
T.J. McDonald
Cody Davis
Rodney McLeod
Quinton Pointer
Don Unamba

PROJECTED RAMS STRONG SAFETY'S
Darian Stewart
TJ McDonald
Matt Daniels
Cannon Smith

The only question mark on the Rams most experienced safety is the health of Darian Stewart but if he is healthy he should be your starting strong safety. If his injuries return again you could see a McDonald move up from free safety & line up his 6-3 220 plus frame @ SS. Then Cody Davis & his 6-2 204 & his tremendous fast 4.37 speed into the deep Ram safety post. That would put two very tall starting safeties into the Rams secondary not seen in many decades.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
BonifayRam said:
The only question mark on the Rams most experienced safety is the health of Darian Stewart but if he is healthy he should be your starting strong safety. If his injuries return again you could see a McDonald move up from free safety & line up his 6-3 220 plus frame @ SS. Then Cody Davis & his 6-2 204 & his tremendous fast 4.37 speed into the deep Ram safety post. That would put two very tall starting safeties into the Rams secondary not seen in many decades.

This is what I'm wondering and thinking might be the end game at Safety for us. Guess we'll see. I like Darian but these two with their size and skill set may be quite the imposing pair.

nighttrain

Legend
RamFan503 said:
BonifayRam said:

This is what I'm wondering and thinking might be the end game at Safety for us. Guess we'll see. I like Darian but these two with their size and skill set may be quite the imposing pair.
That was my thinking as well
train

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
shaunpinney said:
Looks good on tape - what's wrong though? Why was he an UDFA? :|
Here's what Softli said about that.

Sometimes guys just fall through the cracks. Which is true. Guys like Arian Foster, London Fletcher, Priest Holmes, Jeff Saturday, etc - they all went undrafted too. It also had to do with where he played and his overall playing time. He kinda just got overlooked is what it sounds like. Softli himself said he only did a couple of games on him. And finally, he didn't draw attention to himself after a good play (celebrate, play to the crowd, etc). Sometimes scouts look for that "swagger" and sometimes guys who just hand the ball off to the ref don't get as much attention. He also went on to say that he looks really good on the back side (in camp). Calling plays, getting into position, overall awareness, etc. That all looks very good and natural at this point.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
X said:
Here's what Softli said about that.

Sometimes guys just fall through the cracks. Which is true. Guys like Arian Foster, London Fletcher, Priest Holmes, Jeff Saturday, etc - they all went undrafted too. It also had to do with where he played and his overall playing time. He kinda just got overlooked is what it sounds like. Softli himself said he only did a couple of games on him. And finally, he didn't draw attention to himself after a good play (celebrate, play to the crowd, etc). Sometimes scouts look for that "swagger" and sometimes guys who just hand the ball off to the ref don't get as much attention. He also went on to say that he looks really good on the back side (in camp). Calling plays, getting into position, overall awareness, etc. That all looks very good and natural at this point.

Fingers crossed he falls into the Foster, Fletcher, Holmes, Saturday camp and I'm glad we picked him up. IMO, on tape he looks like a 4th round choice - we may have snagged a diamond here...