Cody Davis Blog

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
<a class="postlink" href="http://thestudentofthegame.blogspot.com/2013/05/week-1-of-otas.html?spref=tw&m=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://thestudentofthegame.blogspot.com ... ref=tw&m=1</a>

Hope everyone had a great memorial day! I am grateful for all of our veterans and everyone still currently serving to protect our freedoms. I couldn't imagine that kind of sacrifice and dedication to our country and I greatly admire our servicemen. It makes me realize how blessed I am and how fun my job is! My wife came up for the long weekend and we had fun running around St Louis. We visited the arch, Blues-week festival, gypsy caravan, boathouse of Forest Park, and did a little apartment searching while exploring the city. I am loving my job so far and can't wait to see where it takes me.

The first week of OTAs is in the books as we practiced Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday of last week. This is our first true look at practice compared to the off-season phase 2 field work. In off-season phase 2, we can do drills and walk through the defense but we cannot be going against the offense. OTAs on the other hand is a full practice in helmets with full competition against the offense and on special teams. It was great to get out there and go against and with the veterans. They set a high standard fast as far as communication on the field and running to the football every rep. You figure out real fast whether you know the defense and what you need to work on. TJ McDonald and I started out with the 2s and we were told several times give our coverage, personnel, and down & distance calls faster and louder. This has gotten better with every practice as we get more comfortable with the defense and the expectations. OTAs also help rookies know where they stand in their position and also how they measure up to the vets. I can tell how much more precise and crisp the veterans are with their footwork in drills and also in competition situations. I will continue to work on this and pick their brains when I get a chance. I also had the chance to go against some great competition in 1 on 1's with the likes of Jared Cook. I got the opportunity to go against him one day and I am glad to say I had a pass break up and he didn't catch the next one (might have been a bad pass lol). Going against this type of competition is great and helps adjust to the NFL skill level and speed. This adjustment is evident as rookie mistakes were all over the field, but we just have to learn from it and not let it happen again. It was a good start to OTAs and there is a lot of work and improvement still to be had.

The veterans will be off next week and the rookies will put in more work to catch up starting after Memorial day. We will condition and lift weights as well as get in any extra film and playbook work we need on our own. 3 OTAs down and only 7 more to go. Just a small window of opportunity to show what we have before crunch time!

Comments section:
Thanks! Well McLeod and Stewart were running with the 1s to start, but I'm not going to go further than that about the depth chart. I'll let the coaches handle that one lol.

nighttrain

Legend
Comments section:
Thanks! Well McLeod and Stewart were running with the 1s to start, but I'm not going to go further than that about the depth chart. I'll let the coaches handle that one lol.

Hope this kid becomes as good as I think he can!
train

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
nighttrain said:
Comments section:

train

+1

lockdnram21

Legend
RamFan503 said:
nighttrain said:
Comments section:

train

+1

He will be ok nothing special

nighttrain

Legend
lockdnram21 said:
RamFan503 said:
nighttrain said:
Comments section:

train

+1

for a Ram fan, your enthusiasm is not special. Haven't played a down in pads, he's written off :cool:
train

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
nighttrain said:
lockdnram21 said:
RamFan503 said:
nighttrain said:
Comments section:

train

+1

for a Ram fan, your enthusiasm is not special. Haven't played a down in pads, he's written off :cool:
train

Man - no doubt. Wet rag much there Lockd? I hear Debbie Downer is looking for a date.

SaneRamsFan

Rookie
lockdnram21 said:
RamFan503 said:
nighttrain said:
Comments section:

train

+1

Thanks-based on that info I will tell Jeff to go ahead and cut him now.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
SaneRamsFan said:
lockdnram21 said:
RamFan503 said:
nighttrain said:
Comments section:

train

+1

Thanks-based on that info I will tell Jeff to go ahead and cut him now.
Hold off on that, Les.
I didn't get to see him practice yet.

Sent via Tapatalk2.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
This guy has all the tools. I'm excited to see what he has in him. But for someone to write him off before he has thigh pads in....that just seems unfair. Damn

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
Lol, I was gonna write a reply to Lockd but decided to bite my tongue at first but I have to say you are underestimating him imo, what did you see on his senior tape that makes you think he will not be a good-great player?

lockdnram21

Legend
I hes a solid tackler but hes not much of a playmaker. Didnt cause many turnovers over his career. Imo he will be solid but nothing to get excited over

lockdnram21

Legend
Probably just be a special teamer. Next year they will probably draft another safety next year to play opposite of Tj Mcdonald

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I have been asking him question and getting responses to most of my comments since we took him in. Always enjoy being able to interact with a player, even if its just a little bit from their blog. I wish this kid the best.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
lockdnram21 getting it right with this prognostication:
Probably just be a special teamer. Next year they will probably draft another safety next year to play opposite of Tj Mcdonald

I think you're probably right about this but I haven't given up hope that someone like Cody can step up and allow us to draft a backup at that position next year.

nighttrain

Legend
albefree69 said:
lockdnram21 getting it right with this prognostication:

I think you're probably right about this but I haven't given up hope that someone like Cody can step up and allow us to draft a backup at that position next year.
Til he actually plays no real reason the think Davis has no shot. Other UDFA have. He does have the speed, 4.4, and the size, 6'2'' 205 lbs and growing
train

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
nighttrain typed:
Til he actually plays no real reason the think Davis has no shot. Other UDFA have. He does have the speed, 4.4, and the size, 6'2'' 205 lbs and growing
:plus1:

JIMERAMS

Pro Bowler
Name
Bill
lockdnram21 said:

ok lockdnrams21 can you tell me whos stats these are. i think Davis is alot better than people think he is but that is just my opinion.

player #1 158 solo tackles 2 sacks 5 int 4 forced fumbles.

player #2 286 solo tackles 1 sack 4 int 4 forced fumbles.

Year Solo Ast Tot Loss Sk Int Yds Avg TD PD FR Yds TD FF
2009* 13 5 18 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1
2010 42 12 54 3 0 1 0 0 0 8 0 0 0 1
2011* 45 22 67 6.5 2 2 0 0 0 9 0 0 0 0
2012* 58 34 92 4.5 0 2 19 9.5 0 7 0 0 0 2
Career 158 73 231 14 2 5 19 3.8 0 24 0 0 0 4

Year Solo Ast Tot Loss Sk Int Yds Avg TD PD FR Yds TD FF
2009* 61 20 81 1.5 0 0 0 0 6 0 0 0 0
2010* 69 18 87 6.5 1 1 0 0 0 5 1 4 0 3
2011 72 21 93 3 0 0 0 0 5 0 0 0 1
2012* 84 17 101 3.5 0 3 88 29.3 1 10 0 0 0 0
Career 286 76 362 14.5 1 4 88 22 1 26 1 4 0 4
and there combine results player 1 on left player 2 on right

40 Yard Dash: *4.63 seconds 4.41
20 Yard Dash: (N/A) seconds 2.54
10 Yard Dash: (N/A) seconds 1.51
Bench Press: 15 reps (225 lb) 15
Wonderlic: (N/A) (0-50)
Vertical Leap: 38.0 inches 41.5
Broad Jump: 121 inches 123
20 Yd Shuttle: 4.06 seconds 4.01
Three Cone: 6.78 seconds 6.77
60 Yd Shuttle: (N/A) seconds n/a

lockdnram21

Legend
Like I said hes a good tackler but hes not a big hitter. Hes not much of a playmaker. Over his career not many ints or pds. Scouts said that his speed doesnt translate well ton field. Ill admit that he has the tools. Hopefully he can be coached up. But I see him as a st for the first year. I might be wrong but thats just my opinion

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
JIMERAMS giving a quiz to lockdnram21:

ok lockdnrams21 can you tell me whos stats these are. i think Davis is alot better than people think he is but that is just my opinion.

player #1 158 solo tackles 2 sacks 5 int 4 forced fumbles.

player #2 286 solo tackles 1 sack 4 int 4 forced fumbles.

Plus other stats.

Of course you realize that you'll have to PM everyone else on this board with the correct answers right? :shhhhh: