Cobie Durant PFF’s #1 Slot Corner, Ramsey #10

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Love Durant's potential. Also love that there is a player with the last name of Wildgoose. Why? I have no idea, but I like saying it, haha. Maybe there will be a Sillygoose next...

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I have the highest expectations for him this season. Really hope he lives up to them. We'll need that plus Tomlinson having a top rook season to have a good defense.

oldnotdead

Legend
Durant will more likely play as boundary (outside) CB not as a SCB. If anyone plays the slot it will be Hodges-Tomlinson, but I have a feeling he will be outside as well. In a two deep zone you don't need 3 CBs. That 5th DB could be a safety. Fuller and Taylor would be the most likely candidates though Lake could play it better than Fuller IMO. That would allow them to take advantage of Taylor's speed to play deep.

In a classic Tampa Two scheme the MIKE LB drops to cover the middle zone. But a better option is to keep Jones in the box and use a safety to cover the middle zone and provide run support if needed. This allows the Rams to play Jones at MIKE and Hampton at SAM to close off the flats on the right and provide contain on the strong side when playing against running QBs. This allows Jones to shade to the weakside for the same reason.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
PFF ratings you say?

CMbOqmKUkAAPhgE

Kidding kind of :) Always fun to see their rating/rankings just like QBR but don't put much stock into them personally.

leoram

LA/St Louis/LA fan
that's a bunch of BS...

he's not close to being the top corner...

go rams

slo
Of course, you're right. Any fair evaluation needs context and in this case, enough sample size to weed out the statistical anomalies.

He's obviously not the best and as fans, we know this. It is nice to recognize how well he did in his role. Hey, it's the offseason and little to celebrate. A little hope is a good thing.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Man... I just hope he holds up physically and tackles a little better.
His movement in coverage and ball skills are top shelf.

dang

Legend
that's a bunch of BS...

he's not close to being the top corner...

go rams

slo
Did you read the article headLine:

Ranking the NFL’s top 10 slot corners in passer rating allowed​

Where does it say top corner?

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Huge fan of Durant. He's not the best tackler, but his coverage and ball skills are amazing. I'm willing to bet he takes the next step as well. Still have hope for Rochell, and THT and the undrafted rookies are interesting players as well.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Huge fan of Durant. He's not the best tackler, but his coverage and ball skills are amazing. I'm willing to bet he takes the next step as well. Still have hope for Rochell, and THT and the undrafted rookies are interesting players as well.

Like I’ll keep saying Derion Kendrick’s is going to be the better CB.Ram Fans can continue to be negative on him. RR8 now
is still just depth.He has not really stepped up.
—You hit the nail on the head.If Colbie Durant can tackle,then his game will elevate.As I posting this it made me double check & also think about how good of ball skills Durant has.He finds his way to the ball easily.Then he always seems to take advantage of that.
My problem with Durant has been his size,but mainly his tackling.As I looked closer at 5’11 makes him sneakier,and maybe more dangerous?? I’m still really worried about his tackling,because of one of the last games he’d miss around 4 plus tackles? This offseason he looks stronger?
He was The Rams rookie of the year in 2022.I hope he & Kendrick both really hit the weights hard the next month,plus.This is there time to shine if they want it.
That’s just my prediction & view from last training camp,until now.Seeing players in person & knowing now more than maybe in the past.I’ll even have a better view. Watching the O’’Line can be difficult.RB’s the same ? Just hard to get a good view of 2 fields going at a time sometimes.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
We got a lot of young guys in that secondary. Morris will have his work cut out for him. If he can make the secondary, and the defense overall, into a serviceable unit I think that might be what can propel him into a head coaching job next year. But it won't be easy. A lot of coordinators who got head coaching gigs had talent to work with. Morris won't have that aside from Aaron Donald. I have a feeling we will see a lot more of those 7 to 10 yard cushions. Its probably the safest way to protect the newbies from getting beat too often.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
If KC can win the SB with their rookies at CB, we can avoid 5-12 with ours. I’m far more positive about our CBs than some, it seems.

I’m actually enthused