Coach’s Corner: Rob Boras and New Look Offense

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Boras goes into detail about the new additions to the offensive staff in Groh, Peete and Lilly. I'm digging Rob Boras maybe because of the beard and the fact I can't grow one.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
Best thing about Boras, he knows how to use our two best offensive players. Remains to be seen how he uses the new QB, but things could be good.

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler
Boras goes into detail about the new additions to the offensive staff in Groh, Peete and Lilly. I'm digging Rob Boras maybe because of the beard and the fact I can't grow one.

Den,
just curious, why can't you grow a beard?

(I used to think the same but after some time it finally came in....)

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

Den,
just curious, why can't you grow a beard?

(I used to think the same but after some time it finally came in....)

I guess I never gave it a true go, however, light skin Northern Italian heritage and never a five o'clock shadow, in fact, I only have to shave every other day. Tried to grow a mustache once and that was a disaster and now turning 50 in September I'm guessing it's a no go or in this case a no grow.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I'm starting to think they might have found the right mix of guys on the staff to get this offense right. Got my fingers crossed.

Old Rock

Rookie
Name
Rock
I'm starting to think they might have found the right mix of guys on the staff to get this offense right. Got my fingers crossed.
If Boras keeps the line working like the end of the season and lets the passing guys do their thing in a balanced way, there's a chance of moving up in offense. Of course this is a safe bet since the odds of going down in the rankings is pretty well nil. This isn't Alaska, the sun's going to shine tomorrow. :cool:

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I can't wait for OTA's and Training camp to get started, So I have an opportunity to see them Live! Hopefully I'll be out their Next Wednesday and Friday and filing reports to ROD!!(y):D:yess::yay:

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I'm starting to think they might have found the right mix of guys on the staff to get this offense right.

It sure feels that way.

Boras is saying the right things, he is looking to his new coaches for ideas, etc. That's what I want to hear, anyway. He's definitely well spoken.

I like Groh's background. He's going to help a lot with new concepts.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
I can't wait for OTA's and Training camp to get started, So I have an opportunity to see them Live! Hopefully I'll be out their Next Wednesday and Friday and filing reports to ROD!!(y):D:yess::yay:
I envy you, Dave. Have a great time with that. We look forward to your reports!

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Is it a open practice. ???

Boras would have lead The Rams to the playoffs.He really kept things tight & sort of unpredictable .
C. Keenum is not the most accurate QB & WR's,TE's dropped to many passes.It takes away your options.
I like his passion Yacking in the booth. He is solid in his run formations,& does not call a lot of plays that are going to lose games.

Last edited:

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Is it a open practice. ???
I don't know! But I told my wife I want to take her and my Grand-Daughter and do a "Drive-By" and see!! Wed. and Fri. are my wife's Day's off, so they are the Only opportunity I'll have this week, She my ride!;)

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I don't know! But I told my wife I want to take her and my Grand-Daughter and do a "Drive-By" and see!! Wed. and Fri. are my wife's Day's off, so they are the Only opportunity I'll have this week, She my ride!;)
That is the spirit !!
Last year when The Rams came in town I went the one day & glad Indid not go others.Was in HB playing volleyball &!was ready to go. The fight w/ Dez & then canceling of practice. Would have pissed me off.It is cool practice site.I think you might be able to see from a distant.Maybe bring binoculars if they still exist ? Have fun & maybe post back Wednesday . Broke up with a gal friend that lived close.

jap

Legend
Boras has the reputation of being able to communicate fundamentally sound techniques to his charges. He was thrust into the acting OC role late last season, which is not the most ideal time to begin presenting your offensive philosophy. With a full off-season and with an influx of fresh new coaching minds, i am intrigued to see what he & his team will present this fall. I expect a dramatic shift towards excellence. All the naysayers who are expecting the same humdrum offense from the Fisher King will probably be very surprised.

Ram65

Legend
I'm rocking a beard that is much shorter and a lot grayer. One year the 80's while living in San Diego I had the Dan Fouts look down pat.

I also like what I'm hearing. New coaches working together will help turn the offense around!

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I like the video of Jared Goff & Boras going over the reads. If you look at the photo & then see the video, what you will see is.
Jared Goff knowing where to go even before Boras goes through the progressions.
Look at the fingers & Goff holding his right at what he wants.quick read & out.
--Now I believe Goff is very special in this sense.He will reread the situation & find a pocket to keep the play alive.He idenifies things so well

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I like Groh's background. He's going to help a lot with new concepts.

Plus the former Virginia Collegiate Quarterback has bigger hands than Goff, not trying to open Pandora's box, but just posting.:whistle:

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Plus the former Virginia Collegiate Quarterback has bigger hands than Goff, not trying to open Pandora's box, but just posting.:whistle:
Copper has real good looking hands & is built like a rock. I think he could be one of the steals of the draft.
--Trade back & still get him in the 4th.He has like 2nd-3rd value. Really like late rd. Values on RB's & WR's.
--Every year you see it. Alson Jefferes from S.Carolina was a top 10 prospect at one point. Allen w/Chargers. --Spoiles was a steal because of his size.