coaches with 4 straight non winning seasons to start tenure

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
Amazing post! Really puts things in perspective. You got me to the fire Fisher bandwagon after this year. I don't want to lose snead or GW though.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
@flv
Thanks for that.
I can't imagine ever posting bernie's
"Stuff". His articles are almost always posted quickly by Ram Bill or others.
I have pasted very few articles and only when I find the news to not be to redundant and of interest.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
So Paxton Lynch is more like Steve McNair than Connor Cook or Jared Goff, so we go Lynch:yess:?

All Fish needs is a QB...keep adding pieces to the offense til they find some that are talented & "smart" enough to play....that's all we need.....:deadhorse:

Zombie Slayer

You are entitled to nothing.
Name
Dave
Seeing that makes it pretty clear that he needs to be fired if they don't reach 9 wins. He has been able to coach many years with not producing that much. I don't see the Rams winning 9 games this year. Fisher needs to be fired after this season. If he is not, we are going to see these same things again next year. Which to me is probably more frustrating than the 15-65 five year stretch because this team has the talent to be in the playoffs but for some reason Fisher can't get the team there. If he is brought back next year, I will be seriously thinking about not watching them. I am just so tired of these same things. And that will be the first time since they moved to STL that I would not watch them when I could.

OC_Ram

Restricted Free Agent
If fish would give up control of the O he may have a chance. Like Vermiel did for Martz. Seems to me he can't get out of his own way. New coach please.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
If fish would give up control of the O he may have a chance. Like Vermiel did for Martz. Seems to me he can't get out of his own way. New coach please.
I say he's gone past of the point of no-return.

Anyway, what accomplished OC would work for him?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I say he's gone past of the point of no-return.

What accomplished OC wouldn't? He gives control to his assistants and he treats them well.
He's not considered a pariah around the league.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
@flv
The information in the O.P
Is from S.I
Which doesn't mean much since I am pretty sure that most their online articles are by freelance writers.

I would disagree with this being the main point behind citing your source. We always ask posters to identify their source out of respect for the person who actually wrote the piece being quoted. I don't personally care if you respect the writer or not or whether you agree with him. Your post should indicate that. But failing to give credit is plagiarism and we'd appreciate you not doing that here. It is easy enough to just provide a link to the article or even say it was from "enter name here" from SI.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not sure what OC would work for him.. but I'll tell you what kind ought to...

The kind that can work shoulder-to-shoulder with Fisher... listen to him but stand up for what the OC believes will work.

I do not believe either Schottenheimer nor Cignetti are those types of men.

Kinda like with Jerry Jones... he has been his most successful when he hired strong Head Coaches.

Unfortunately for Cowgirl fans (and happily for the rest of us), he's decided to have another hand puppet as his Head Coach... working out splendidly!!

Fisher would have to allow for a strong OC... question is... can he?

Rainram

Starter
IF, and it's an IF, Fisher is gone after this year I expect the new HC to go all in for a new QB in the draft and for Snead to make whatever moves he has to make to get the guy the HC wants. This team and roster is good enough to get into the playoffs and make some noise with average to above average QB play. If they hit on a guy who has top 10-12 ability this immediately becomes a team nobody wants anything to do with.

IMO the OL will improve with reps and health.

The problem this team has had has been the QB and OL. IMO everything else is good enough to win with.

I would, like you, give Mannion a shot but AFTER putting Foles back in to see if the break made a difference. May as well see if he can play.

I'm good with this approach.

IF Fisher stays (likely), I gotta hope he does an overhaul of the offensive coaching staff big time. Bring in a legit OC and some different position coaches. Find an OC that knows what to do with Gurley and Tavon.

And at this point I'd be fine selling out for a QB...assuming we're getting a real QB...if you pull this stunt, you can't afford to miss!

The caveat...You have to keep the Defense intact...and there are some disgruntled people on that side of the ball.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Welllllllll..... Maybe not a pariah, but I feel like his reputation has taken a couple of hits.
By opposing coaches who keep losing their candy-ass players?
Probably.

But he truly is a very well respected coach around the league. That's kinda common knowledge.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
By opposing coaches who keep losing their candy-ass players?
Probably.

But he truly is a very well respected coach around the league. That's kinda common knowledge.
I'm no longer convince he's held in such high regard.

Irregardless, this is some of the ugliest football I've ever witness in my 40-plus years of watching. I'm more than ready to risk a change at HC.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I'm no longer convince he's held in such high regard.

Irregardless, this is some of the ugliest football I've ever witness in my 40-plus years of watching. I'm more than ready to risk a change at HC.
Irregardless isn't a word.

But irregardless of that, you don't have to be convinced of it. And you can be ready to risk whatever you like.
Whatever's gonna happen is gonna happen in spite of what we want.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
I'm kinda' torn on this. I've been a pretty staunch supporter of Fisher, and then Sunday I was so pissed, I wanted him gone.

Lotta' things in play here, starting with his philosophy. He's no Martz, but I tend to agree with it - strong D and run game.. Which leads (led) to Bradford.

Everyone's pretty much on board that we were wise to move him, but are now banging on him cuz' Foles hasn't worked out, (why, or if it's permanent, is another argument).
So then we get, "well he should have drafted another QB". I flat don't buy that argument - teams with a QB of Bradford's caliber don't draft a QB high, (assuming one was even available), especially given our needs almost everywhere else. He has focused on defense, no question, but did not ignore the offense the the extent some would have you believe. He's just been a little snakebit, especially (obviously) with the Oline.
And his wRs/QBs are certainly not making each other better.

Here's what I (like a lot of us) don't like - he's just too fucking conservative. Playing for field goals - fuck that. What I don't know is if that's just him, or he doesn't trust his talent. Probably him.
Back to the OT - should he get 5 years. My opinion, yes. I would like for his philosophy, as it pertains to team/player attitude, to be instilled for one more year into the rooks and 2nd year guys. I don't want GW gone either, which factors in. Cigs - you can have. On that, I don't think his (JF's) ego is such that he's be threatened by a strong OC. He saw McDaniel's stint with Spags, which was too much too soon - may have made him a bit gunshy.

Nobody likes his won/loss record, but I'd wager most fans like his teams way better than what he inherited. I also think he and Snead draft well.

Bottom line, I don't care what success story you want to point to, it didn't happen without a good to very good QB - it just didn't.
Whether we'll ever find him is anyone's guess. About that, there is no fucking way I expose Mannion to the abuse he'd get starting this year - we're all curious about what we have, but just say no.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Irregardless isn't a word.

But irregardless of that, you don't have to be convinced of it. And you can be ready to risk whatever you like.
Whatever's gonna happen is gonna happen in spite of what we want.
Irregardless, Kevin knows what I want.

On Edit: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irregardless

Irregardless is a word commonly used in place of regardless or irrespective, which has caused controversy since the early twentieth century, though the word appeared in print as early as 1795.[1] Most dictionaries list it as "nonstandard" or "incorrect" usage, and recommend that "regardless" should be used instead

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
People commonly eat at White Castle.
They must have great food.