Coaches tape on the Givens deep throw

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
3 wide open options....wow. it did look as though Gibby was at least stride for stride with Givens on those go routes. So who was Sams hot read on that???? Sorry, but those are plays that HAVE to be made at this level. God forbid this gets posted at the PD.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Faceplant said:
3 wide open options....wow. it did look as though Gibby was at least stride for stride with Givens on those go routes. So who was Sams hot read on that???? Sorry, but those are plays that HAVE to be made at this level. God forbid this gets posted at the PD.
That pump fake made a lot of things happen, and it cleared some receivers, but you're right. Someone should have had a reception on that one. I still maintain it's a timing issue and it'll get better. As for the PD, who cares. I'll post it there myself and let the half-witted sharks chum the waters for 80 pages. At this point, I could give a shit what they think anymore.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Haha!! Don't do it!! The internet is too full of fucktardedness already!! I know I may be one of the more ram critical posters on ROD, but I can't stand to read some of the absolute dog mess I read over there. Sometimes I feel the urge to comment, then I remember the ol saying....."Never argue with idiots, cuz they will drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience."

RAMilyGuy

UDFA
PhxRam said:
X said:
Holy crap. I didn't even notice this, but look at Gibson at the top of the screen. He's screaming free down the sideline too.

you like it so far? I was thinking of getting it.

Back to the play. Bradford had roughly 5 seconds until the time of the throw. How did he not see, or at least anticipate, Givens and Gibson being so wide open?

I think it has to do with it being the first game with Bradford and Givens together. I think as the season goes on, he'll start to sync up with Givens more.

Also, as I understand the Shotty offense from watching the Jets, Gibson's and Givens' routes were most likely dummies meant to clear out the underneath space. They were definitely Bradford's last reads, and by then it was too late. But this is what I mean by syncing up. I believe as the season goes on and Bradford develops a relationship with Givens, it won't matter what read he is on the play, Bradford will be looking to toss him the home run ball because he knows what he can do.

Iron Lion said:

Post Dispatch.. StL newspaper. I believe their sports forums are famous for frantic and pessimistic rams fans/bradford haters.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
It is a game of inches guys...

That's what she said anyway. :sly:

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Wait a minute, all this wide open talk. Don't we want the biggest play? If Sam wouldn't have made that attempt he'd get toasted. I have no problem with the throw (a little off), or the decision to make the throw. It serves a purpose either way.