Coaches tape on the Givens deep throw

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ya3xYBsf9Kg[/youtube]

Figured I'd try out this coaches tape thing they're offering on rewind. Pretty cool to see the other view of the play that we didn't see live. When these two sync up, it'll be sick. Givens blew that DB's doors right off the hinges, and if Bradford realizes it a half second sooner, that's 6 points. Can't wait to see these two get on the same page, and I hope it happens pretty damn soon.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Holy crap. I didn't even notice this, but look at Gibson at the top of the screen. He's screaming free down the sideline too.

Young Ram

Hall of Fame
Very cool! You can see that Givens was Bradford's 3rd read. He looks to Amendola, then to Kendricks, and finally to Givens but it was too late.

X said:
Holy crap. I didn't even notice this, but look at Gibson at the top of the screen. He's screaming free down the sideline too.

Not only that but he looks faster too!

PhxRam

X said:

you like it so far? I was thinking of getting it.

Back to the play. Bradford had roughly 5 seconds until the time of the throw. How did he not see, or at least anticipate, Givens and Gibson being so wide open?

bluecoconuts

Legend
PhxRam said:
X said:

Back to the play. Bradford had roughly 5 seconds until the time of the throw. How did he not see, or at least anticipate, Givens and Gibson being so wide open?

It wasn't his first read, and it's a timing issue with Givens most likely. I don't think he expected him that deep down the field already. Gibson either for that matter.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

yeah, that's a tough one. bradford makes a little pump fake which makes both corners bite, then givens and gibson were running free. unfortunately it doesn't look like he was looking at either receiver until it was too late.

hopefully he will get better at recognising the deep threat and pull the trigger on time.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
PhxRam said:
X said:

I just started playing with it just a few minutes ago and it's pretty cool. I looked at the sack on Bradford when they were at Detroit's 11 yard line, and every receiver was completely blanketed. It looked like he maybe could have thrown a quick strike to Smith who ran a quick square-in, but the LB was in perfect position to make a play if he was so inclined. Maybe I'll show that one tomorrow. I'm getting kinda tired now.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Young Ram said:
Very cool! You can see that Givens was Bradford's 3rd read. He looks to Amendola, then to Kendricks, and finally to Givens but it was too late.

X said:

Not only that but he looks faster too!
And that's why Gibson was free. Sam had three progressions on the same side.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
It looked to me like though Gibbons was open, deep help started to veer over to Givens when the play was going that way. There was NO ONE gonna catch Givens though. I think they'll get that dialed in though and when they do it will be a kick in the ass to watch.

BTW... did you see how open SJ was as well? That play had some options man.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
RamFan503 said:
It looked to me like though Gibbons was open, deep help started to veer over to Givens when the play was going that way. There was NO ONE gonna catch Givens though. I think they'll get that dialed in though and when they do it will be a kick in the ass to watch.

BTW... did you see how open SJ was as well? That play had some options man.

SJ came wide open with just one guy 10 yards off. That's the bitch of the play, should of been some kind of positive gain.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
So the coaches tape doesn't show the whole field? You can't even see what Sam is looking at. Pretty disappointing, they may have to change the name, to ALL - 15.

PhxRam

DR RAM said:
So the coaches tape doesn't show the whole field? You can't even see what Sam is looking at. Pretty disappointing, they may have to change the name, to ALL - 15.

I thought you were going to get the coaches tape? Change of heart?

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
PhxRam said:
DR RAM said:

I thought you were going to get the coaches tape? Change of heart?
I was going to, and still may, but not if this is what it is, ya know?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
On the second view they showed the whole play and all 22 guys. Of course in order to keep all 22 guys in-frame on that deep pass, it would have to be shot from a helicopter. The first shot shows him going through progressions and the pump fake, and then the 2nd shot showed what the receivers were doing. I could probably put them side-by-side in a video, but everyone would probably look like ants.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
X said:
On the second view they showed the whole play and all 22 guys. Of course in order to keep all 22 guys in-frame on that deep pass, it would have to be shot from a helicopter. The first shot shows him going through progressions and the pump fake, and then the 2nd shot showed what the receivers were doing. I could probably put them side-by-side in a video, but everyone would probably look like ants.
Wide angle lens.

In the second view, it's cool, you can see how long it took for the two players to actually get open. Sam could have thrown it .3 seconds faster to Givens. It was close, and they have hardly worked together.

PhxRam

Kind of funny.. The coaches film doesnt show Detroits game winning TD. Guess that wont get worked on. :ww:

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
PhxRam said:
Kind of funny.. The coaches film doesnt show Detroits game winning TD. Guess that wont get worked on. :ww:
Oh, it will get worked on. Responsibility.

That's weird though.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
DR RAM said:
PhxRam said:
Oh, it will get worked on. Responsibility.

That's weird though.
Is that the coaches film without the clock problem? That explains the missing 15 seconds. :sly:

Iron Lion

Starter
Is this that thing that also offers something like 2-3 years of backlogged tape as well? I'm thinking of ordering this at the end of the year. Too much to process during the regular season though as I jam through every game either in the 3-hour broadcast or on the DirecTV Shorts.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Iron Lion said:
Is this that thing that also offers something like 2-3 years of backlogged tape as well? I'm thinking of ordering this at the end of the year. Too much to process during the regular season though as I jam through every game either in the 3-hour broadcast or on the DirecTV Shorts.
Yeah, it has games going back to 2009.