Coaches hired and fired

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Psycho_X

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

I think this is a serious reflection of McVay's success. Teams are going to be trying to find that next young coach that will be the next big thing. Nagy has been an intern for Reid, followed by QBs coach a few years, and then KC's OC for the last couple. But I think Andy Reid called the plays still? I don't know, dude doesn't have much of a track record to speak of. The Andy Reid coaching tree just loves planting those average seeds all over the NFL doesn't it... at least when it comes to offense?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matt_Nagy

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
Yeah, I'd be seriously underwhelmed by this if I was a Bears fan. (un)luckily I live around a bunch of Bears fans so I'm sure I'll hear about this a lot.
I mean maybe they have something there. I guess you never really know. But the Chiefs Offense has been nothing short of disappointing this season sans the first 5 games. What am I missing here? lol

Maybe anything is better than Fisher ball 2.0

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
I read on rotoworld he was in charge of play calling towards the end of the season, where they were really inconsistent and struggled sooooo not really sure how I’d be feeling as a bears fan.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Lets get that ball rolling I guess. First of the offseason besides Gruden.

And the first hire is a "CROSS YOUR FINGERS BOYS AND LET'S HOPE WE GOT A MCVAY!!!" Hire.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Andy Ried..........is the coach who gets you to "second base" and he should go.

But someone I loathe is a Chiefs fan so I hope they keep him for eternity.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Andy Ried..........is the coach who gets you to "second base" and he should go.

Are we all so jaded now that we no longer appreciate the glories of second base? My eighth grade graduation night in the back of my pop's truck with an eager date disagrees!

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Yeah, I'd be seriously underwhelmed by this if I was a Bears fan. (un)luckily I live around a bunch of Bears fans so I'm sure I'll hear about this a lot.

Why??? He helped Alex Smith become a great QB, saved the Chiefs season by reusing Kareem Hunt again and what was working earlier.

Bears are my pick for the "turn around" team next season.

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
Who called the plays against the Titans?

Nagy said the Cheifs went up 21-3 under his direction, then somebody handed him the phone. "Chicago. line 2." He said, "I took the Bears job. Andy Reid called the rest of the game." :whistle:

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Bears are my pick for the "turn around" team next season.

Reid spoke very highly of Nagy and Reid has produced some fine Head Coaches from his tree, Gruden, John Harbaugh & Doug Pederson to post a few, but the Bears are renowned for less in aspiring hires or under the radar (cheap) guys...Although Fox was higher profile, he was a lower tier hire IMHO. That found an offensive coach that has called play at this level (albeit only for a hand full of games) but they want to pair him with their young Quarterback and that worked great for the Los Angeles Rams and the NFL is a copy cat league.

IMHO the Bears have a pretty solid defense and if they keep Fangio and with Howard & Cohen they might be able to move up, but that division is getting tough.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Some of the other predictions...

New York Giants....Josh McDaniels
Detroit Lions...Matt Patricia/Mike Vrabel.
Arizona Cardinals....Matt Patrica/John DeFilippo....Hoping they don't hire Patrica, really smart guy.
Indianapolis Colts...Mike Vrabel if the Colts move fast this could be their guy.

Psycho_X

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Lol, just saw this on reddit.

"How I imagined Matt Nagy's interview with the Bears went."

yhp8kniozy801.gif

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
I think this is a serious reflection of McVay's success. Teams are going to be trying to find that next young coach that will be the next big thing.
Yep. And that's why, more than likely, it will fail.

McVay is an anomaly, not the norm, not the thing that's going to happen every year.