Coach Venturi On What Coaches Look For In Preseason + More

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Coach Rick Venturi joined the Kevin Wheeler show to talk about what coaches look for in preseason, the 3 things that Gregg Williams impacts, the attitude the defense will have with him, and Sam Bradford including comparing him to Andrew Luck in practice.

Listen to Venturi Talks Rams

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I use'ta think this was Coach0...like in 2012 or 2013....lol, seriously...

leoram

LA/St Louis/LA fan
I rarely disagree much with Venturi but will have to challenge a couple things about this interview.

First, though Givens made some big plays as a rookie, his hands have always been suspect and the NFL knows he is limited as a one trick pony. Bailey and Quick will have a far greater impact this year.

I also find it interesting he says that w a clean pocket, Sam and Andrew are similar but Luck is better at extending plays. Geez, Coach, Luck sure looked good against pressure against us, didn't he? Uh......no. And Luck started his career w Reggie Wayne and TY Hilton. Not to mention the Colts OLine never suffered the number of injuries of the Rams. While on one hand Venturi says the Rams haven't yet been good at developing perimeter players, he seems to discount that fact when evaluating the QBs ability to find open receivers when a play breaks down.