Clowney’s Pro Day Makes Rams’ Choice Much Tougher/Randy K.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Same thing was said about Ryan Mallet and Jake Locker the years before they came out.

I can't imagine any franchise looking to the 2015 draft as a factor in their 2014 strategy.

But, I could be wrong.

Hopefully

Same was said about Manziel last year, too. Bidgewater was also all the rage. You may be right about that.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Hey, I hope you're right. I just don't think they will. They can just get a Cousins or Mallet for less risk or even take a Garopollo in the 2nd(again, less risk). If it was me, I'd probably move up from the 2nd round and take Garopollo somewhere in the late 20's. If they go that route and none of them pan out, they didn't set the franchise back by a large margin because they didn't waste the number 1 pick in the draft. They'd[the coaches] probably get a little more leeway because of that. If you mess up the first pick in the draft, you're probably done no matter what.

These QB's do nothing for me. I can't imagine them doing much for other teams, either. I hope I'm wrong.

Here's the thing ,at least 2 of these QB's are top 10 picks, if they pick Clowney and he gets them back to 8-8,they are still not in the top 10 so the franchise QB's are out of reach,if they trade down further than #2 they risk taking the second "best" QB and OBTW we aint trading up for anybody.
The reason we have been able to make these trades is we had the QB.
IMO the signing of a journeyman QB (Fitzharvard) indicates they want someone to play IF the rookie they will pick struggles in the pre season and needs to sit and watch a little.
In a 3-4 defense they can go down to 4th or 5th maybe as low as 8th and still get Kahlil Mack who can give them a better scheme fit than Clowney so again IMO Clowney won't be their pick unless they want to take a guy #1 overall and change his natural position,IMO NOT the smart play.
I remember these guys were "supposed" to take Reggie Bush( the "can't miss" no brainer pick) and took Mario Williams

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I remember these guys were "supposed" to take Reggie Bush( the "can't miss" no brainer pick) and took Mario Williams

But that was back when Charlie Casserly was there.

Good points about why they might go QB and why Clowney isn't a simple pick for them.

RamzFanz

Damnit
So hypothetically...lets say that we draft Clowney, and by week 6 its painfully obvious that he needs to be starting. He's getting PT on a rotation but wrecks ppl every time he gets in there. Disrupting, getting sacks, stuffing the run etc... Are you going to bench Chris Long and his $48 million dollar contract?

I'm not a believer in playing anyone because of the size of his check. Still, I don't see why CL would lose any real playing time. I trust Fisher and Williams to figure out how to use Clowney to ADD to the pass rush we have. It would be something to see.