Clowney - Rams - Falcons

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

FRO

Legend
I don't see how you draw that conclusion. Clowney is very much in play for us at 2, and I would be surprised if we didn't pick him. It will take a pretty big offer for us to move down from him.

paceram

Pro Bowler
I don't see how you draw that conclusion. Clowney is very much in play for us at 2, and I would be surprised if we didn't pick him. It will take a pretty big offer for us to move down from him.

Agreed! I am keeping my fingers crossed that the Texans (or, whoever) don't pick Clowney with the 1st pick!

FRO

Legend
Agreed! I am keeping my fingers crossed that the Texans (or, whoever) don't pick Clowney with the 1st pick!
We really need them to get Bortles because it gives us the best player in the draft to either pick and he also has the most trade down value in the draft.

RamzFanz

Damnit
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm just saying that if the Rams and Falcons were the two first teams to set up individual workouts with him, that says something.

My expectation is Texans take him.

My HOPE would be Rams at #2. But the way he's being hyped, if Rams could get an RG3 bounty for him... mmmmmmmmm.

FRO

Legend
I'm just saying that if the Rams and Falcons were the two first teams to set up individual workouts with him, that says something.

My expectation is Texans take him.
It says that both teams are interested in drafting him.

RamzFanz

Damnit
It says that both teams are interested in drafting him.

Not always. Rams could just be building up film and data to sell him. Falcons have NO SHOT at taking him if they don't trade up with Houston or St Louis.

What I read is STL is taking him or building up a portfolio and the Falcons are in the trade market.

RamzFanz

Damnit
The edge for Snisher is WE LOVE HIM! LOOK AT THIS! WE HAVE (unique) FILM AND DATA NO ONE ELSE HAS!

But, we have Quinn and Long and we REALLY need OL (Watkins / Robinson) or WR (Mathews).

This is an easy sale. A hot lead as they say. Look what we have that is amazing, but we need what you have.

Truth be told, I think Clowney is the pick for the Rams, but I see something in the works.

Unfortunately, I also see this as a contingency plan; there's no way Clowney is available at 2 IMHO.

The REAL question is, where do we trade down to and for whom and if we are stuck at 2, who do we take?

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I like that he seemed to light up at the possibility to line up at OLB occasionally. In Williams defense, this would be one of the ways to get him on the field as much as possible.

I'd love to see Clowney lowering his pads on a roll out by Kaeperdick and Wussle. :sneaky:

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
I'm not against Clowney at all. But if we take him #2, we damn well better get some OL help in this draft. If we don't protect our QB or rush for 200 yards a game it won't matter how good our D line is.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
If Clowney is there at #2, and that's always a possibility with a QB desperate team drafting first, I still think the Rams trade down with Atlanta. It makes so much sense.

1. Houston will take either Bortles or Manziel
2. Clowney goes to Atlanta
3. Jax takes a QB, Mack, or Watkins (they drafted Joeckel #2 overall last year)
4. Cleveland takes Watkins or a QB (they have Joe Thomas)
5. Oakland takes a QB, Watkins, Mack, or an OT

Even if there are team trading up, I don't 2 teams trading up for Robinson and Matthews. The Rams will almost certainly get one of them at #6. Just look at all the mock draft scenarios and try to find one where both of them are off the board in the top 5 picks.

The Rams won't fleece the Falcons, but they will get decent value. Will have to include at least a 2nd this year and a 1st or 2nd next year.

If Clowney goes first, the Rams may get stuck taking an OT at #2 and getting nothing else, I'd be very happy with a trade down and Matthews, plus a bunch of picks instead of Clowney.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
If Clowney is there at #2, and that's always a possibility with a QB desperate team drafting first, I still think the Rams trade down with Atlanta. It makes so much sense.

Even if there are team trading up, I don't 2 teams trading up for Robinson and Matthews. The Rams will almost certainly get one of them at #6. Just look at all the mock draft scenarios and try to find one where both of them are off the board in the top 5 picks.

The Rams won't fleece the Falcons, but they will get decent value. Will have to include at least a 2nd this year and a 1st or 2nd next year.

If Clowney goes first, the Rams may get stuck taking an OT at #2 and getting nothing else, I'd be very happy with a trade down and Matthews, plus a bunch of picks instead of Clowney.

That's my favourite scenario!

Make it happen, Max!

RamzFanz

Damnit

That would be awesome. Love it. I would bail on the extra picks and 13 to move up and grab the other lineman if he's there too.

I would think if Watkins was still there at 6 the Rams would do that instead.

However, Clowney won't be there to trade. Houston will take him or trade with a team that wants him IMHO. Some coach is going to try to save his job with Clowney.