Clowney or Mack?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

paceram

Pro Bowler
If you are choosing for the Houston Texans who do you pick? I am hoping they pick Mack!

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I'm thinking QB for the Texans.

They are just a year removed from the playoffs... Do they really think Ryan Fitzpatrick is going to give the fan base great hope?

Yeah, they can grab a QB later... But that's a shaky approach to filling the most important position on the team.

SierraRam

Recreational User
I hope the recent talk is true and they go Mack or a QB. We can get more for Clowney

V3

Hall of Fame
I hope they(HOuston) go Mack. Not only do I not want the Rams taking him but also If Clowney is there, I think they'll get more interest in trades. And if the Rams do take Clowney, he fits a 4-3 better than Mack does.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I hope the recent talk is true and they go Mack or a QB. We can get more for Clowney
I agree and FWIW Mack could be "their Lawrence Taylor" so I think he's the better choice for them,after QB of course.

paceram

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I hope they(HOuston) go Mack. Not only do I not want the Rams taking him but also If Clowney is there, I think they'll get more interest in trades. And if the Rams do take Clowney, he fits a 4-3 better than Mack does.

Agreed! Personally, I am hoping IF the Texans do go with Mack (Or, a QB) the Rams will select Clowney (but, Everyone HAS a price and if the Rams can get the right deal so be it!)!

RamzFanz

Damnit
They will trade down with the Rams for next to nothing. Rams take Clowney. Texans take whoever they want other than Clowney and get a late round pick or two.

crazyhorns

Rookie
I'm thinking they have to go QB. They've put themselves in a bad situation of not having a quality QB on the roster. Clowney is a very talented player but by no means a can't miss.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I'm thinking QB for the Texans.

They are just a year removed from the playoffs... Do they really think Ryan Fitzpatrick is going to give the fan base great hope?

Yeah, they can grab a QB later... But that's a shaky approach to filling the most important position on the team.
Depends how you look at it. Is there really a QB that should be drafted in the top 10? Is Bortles or Manziel really that much better of a prospect than Garroppolo or Carr? Bridgewater was the clear favorite all season, now he's barely talked about.

If I were the Texans, I'd wait until the 2nd round to take my QB as they will have about the same upside.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Hope they take Mack so the Rams can select Clowney.

But, I believe that they'll take Clowney.

fearsomefour

Legend
I hope they take a QB or Mack as that should heat up a trade for the Rams. If I was picking for them I would take Clowney and it ain't that close.

jjab360

Legend
I'd bet all my ROD credit that Clowney and Mack are going to be the first two picks in the draft, I just don't know the order yet.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
I think what they really want to do is trade down, though I have no idea what their expectations are for that.

I also think they know that the Rams have more interest in Mack, so they could be playing that angle.

In the end I think they realize that they really need a quarterback, but they also realize that their favorite QB may really not be a great value at first overall.