Clowney...holy hell

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
How many times is he gonna do this....that woulda been me 12in the box..

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I continue to laugh at those of you who would have passed on him.

No one doubts his talent. I would have passed b/c I don't trust him. If he proves everyone wrong, great. The NFL got an awesome player for everyone to watch. If not...all the hype for nothing.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
How many times is he gonna do this?

Probably a lot. He's a really tough guy to catch with pulls, traps, reaches, and whams because he's so explosive and fast. Sometimes, teams can pull it off and use his speed against him. Other times, their OL can't get a hand on him and Clowney has the HB dead to rights.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
"Unblocked"

On which play? The gif in the OP or the sack of Matt Ryan the very next play?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
If we didn't already have Robert Quinn, then Fisher might not have passed on him either.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Probably a lot. He's a really tough guy to catch with pulls, traps, reaches, and whams because he's so explosive and fast. Sometimes, teams can pull it off and use his speed against him. Other times, their OL can't get a hand on him and Clowney has the HB dead to rights.

You mean when he was in college of course.

This was a bad play by the guard he didn't get deep enough when he pulled imo

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
He was taken #1-unless you thought he would've traded up?
I'm operating under the assumption that he didn't go #1. There seems to be some discontent that people (fans) would have passed on him, but I'm betting Fisher wouldn't have. Would he have traded up for him? Possibly.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I think he's going to be a very good player.

But that play? He wasn't blocked. I could have made it.

wrstdude

Rookie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm operating under the assumption that he didn't go #1. There seems to be some discontent that people (fans) would have passed on him, but I'm betting Fisher wouldn't have. Would he have traded up for him? Possibly.

Gotchya-I thought I read Snead had said post draft that Clowney was the choice if he didn't go #1. Or I could've dreamed it.

wrstdude

Rookie

C'mon-most DEs don't get there. Unblocked or not it was a hell of a play to scrape down the line and get there that quickly.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
#Unblocked.

Nope. He eliminated the block. It was a counter with a cross block. The play-side OG was selling the counter by taking his initial step towards the fake (counter) side and then pulling to drive Clowney out of the play when he got too far up-field. Issue is that Clowney was too fast off the snap and Blalock could not get to him despite Clowney taking a tight angle.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
C'mon-most DEs don't get there. Unblocked or not it was a hell of a play to scrape down the line and get there that quickly.

He made the play. He's damn fast and accelerates quick.

But, I still contend a lot of players make that play.

I am glad you posted it, however. He's a guy I want to watch.

wrstdude

Rookie
Nope. He eliminated the block. It was a counter with a cross block. The play-side OG was selling the counter by taking his initial step towards the fake (counter) side and then pulling to drive Clowney out of the play when he got too far up-field. Issue is that Clowney was too fast off the snap and Blalock could not get to him despite Clowney taking a tight angle.
Exactly-he was the reason why he was unblocked.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

CGI, I respect you, man, but you would have gotten flattened on that play. The play-side OG pulled to pick Clowney up. Clowney was just too fast and beat him to the spot.

Blalock is Atlanta's starting OG too. Considered to be a pretty good LG. This was no scrub.