Clinton-Dix

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Daniel Jeremiah ‏@MoveTheSticks 14h
Several personnel guys have told me they'd be very surprised if the Rams passed on HaHa Clinton-Dix at 13.

Not that I buy into this kind of stuff but figured I'd share. Still don't see all the love for Clinton-Dix. Have gone back and watched all the game tape I could find on him and watched all the "highlight" videos as well. Was not blown away by any of it. He's not bad at anything, but doesn't appear to be great in any area. Do not see anything he does better than Pryor. Really don't see him being any better than Pryor in coverage. Oh well. Just my opinion and I'm sure many will disagree.

As I have said many times before, I wouldn't mind if they drafted Clinton-Dix(wouldn't love it either), but prefer Pryor.

F. Mulder

Starter
I am not a fan of him. Maybe if he slid and we had a late 1st via a trade down but he doesn't do it for me.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Daniel Jeremiah ‏@MoveTheSticks 14h
Several personnel guys have told me they'd be very surprised if the Rams passed on HaHa Clinton-Dix at 13.

Not that I buy into this kind of stuff but figured I'd share. Still don't see all the love for Clinton-Dix. Have gone back and watched all the game tape I could find on him and watched all the "highlight" videos as well. Was not blown away by any of it. He's not bad at anything, but doesn't appear to be great in any area. Do not see anything he does better than Pryor. Really don't see him being any better than Pryor in coverage. Oh well. Just my opinion and I'm sure many will disagree.

As I have said many times before, I wouldn't mind if they drafted Clinton-Dix(wouldn't love it either), but prefer Pryor.
I'm right there with you Tron. Mark me down as underwhelmed when I've seen him play. I hope we go corner at 13 and grab a FS later in the draft. If we were forced to take a safety here I, too, would prefer Pryor but I haven't seen him play enough to know if he is the "ball hawk" we need.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Tron I could not agree more. He has not played like a 1st round talent at all this year. He had a nice year in 2012 but last year was a different story. I would be surprised if we took him at 13. I also have Pryor ahead of Dix and quite frankly I think Jimmy Ward is a more complete player than Dix who could be had in the 2nd.

Its not that I don't like Dix, I actually think he has a high ceiling and if he was available on the late 1st, there would be a lot of value with that pick. But if you look at the games from last year, he didn't play like a 1st round talent.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Tron I could not agree more. He has not played like a 1st round talent at all this year. He had a nice year in 2012 but last year was a different story. I would be surprised if we took him at 13. I also have Pryor ahead of Dix and quite frankly I think Jimmy Ward is a more complete player than Dix who could be had in the 2nd.

Its not that I don't like Dix, I actually think he has a high ceiling and if he was available on the late 1st, there would be a lot of value with that pick. But if you look at the games from last year, he didn't play like a 1st round talent.

Agree with everything you said, including the Ward part.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Didn't "they" say the same thing about Kenny Vacarro last year? And I said the more I saw Kenny being "mocked" or "assumed" the less likely he would be a Ram. Exactly. Didn't happen.

If they take HaHa Clinton-Dix, they do. If not. Oh the fuck well.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael

From what I understand Dix had a lot of nagging injuries this year which contributed to his decrease in play. I'm not necessarily saying we need to draft him, but we definitely need a true FS type, and he's the best one in the draft. I would expect the Rams to trade down if they really want him.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
From what I understand Dix had a lot of nagging injuries this year which contributed to his decrease in play. I'm not necessarily saying we need to draft him, but we definitely need a true FS type, and he's the best one in the draft. I would expect the Rams to trade down if they really want him.

I have heard that too. But he is going to play a lot with nagging injuries when he gets to the NFL and he is going to have to learn to play through it. I agree somewhat in that he probably has the best ball skills but I think Pryor with TJ would be a better fit in Williams' defense. I agree on the trade down also. If they are going to target FS in the first round I hope its part of a trade down, because I don't like the value at 13.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I have heard that too. But he is going to play a lot with nagging injuries when he gets to the NFL and he is going to have to learn to play through it. I agree somewhat in that he probably has the best ball skills but I think Pryor with TJ would be a better fit in Williams' defense. I agree on the trade down also. If they are going to target FS in the first round I hope its part of a trade down, because I don't like the value at 13.

Agreed. If we can move back to the #16-#21 range and get an extra 3rd and grab Pryor, I think that would be best as thats about where I grade him out at.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
13 is too early for him value wise, but if you rate him just a few picks lower, then pick him. If you rate him 15 picks lower, don't.

Last edited:

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
13 is too early for him value wise, but if you rate him just a few picks lower, then pick him. If you rate him 15 pick lower, don't.

Personally I would take him at #13 because I really don't want to miss out on him, and it is very hard to know if we will make it to #16 or lower. I am hoping we can make a trade with the cowpokes again and grab him at #16, but if they feel he won't make it that far or someone will jump ahead to grab him, then draft him at #13. No idea what they are thinking though. I'd rate him around 15/16. Havent updated my board in a while.

*just updated the top 15 on my big board and have Pryor at 14 overall ATM.

Last edited:

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Personally I would take him at #13 because I really don't want to miss out on him, and it is very hard to know if we will make it to #16 or lower. I am hoping we can make a trade with the cowpokes again and grab him at #16, but if they feel he won't make it that far or someone will jump ahead to grab him, then draft him at #13. No idea what they are thinking though. I'd rate him around 15/16. Havent updated my board in a while.

*just updated the top 15 on my big board and have Pryor at 14 overall.

Where do you have Dennard. I kind of like the idea of Dennard at 13 and moving Johnson to FS.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Where do you have Dennard. I kind of like the idea of Dennard at 13 and moving Johnson to FS.

I have Dennard at #11 right now. Updated the list pretty quick so after more consideration I am sure a few will move around.

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
I don't want him, or any of the other safeties, at 13. Rather have a CB or BPA. Fisher has made it clear on numerous occasions that he doesn't value safeties as high as other positions, I think they'll wait until later.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Fisher has made it clear on numerous occasions that he doesn't value safeties as high as other positions, I think they'll wait until later.

Do you have a link to any quote from Fisher not valuing safeties high? Not doubting you, just have heard a few people say this, but never read a quote.

Also, he did draft Michael Griffin in the 1st when with the Titans. Whether that was his pick or not idk.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
Dix reminds me a lot of Atogwe. His Int's don't seem to be from him causing them, but rather just being in the right place at the right time. Many just came after very poor throws by the QB. Now that said ... we have missed MANY of those types of Int's of late, and would gladly take them, but Just not sure if he is our guy. JF seems to like the more physical type guys. I want a guy who can lay the wood AND cover. I'm thinking it just might be Bailey or Buchanon in the 2nd.

V3

Hall of Fame
Not a fan of Dix really at all. I honestly don't know what people see in him other than playing for Alabama. He seems slow, always seems to get to the play a little late, and like Redding mentioned, seems to get his INTs due to the play, or lack thereof, of others.

I like Brooks MUCH better at FS.

The other option that most people seem to mention for the Rams at 13 is Dennard and I like him even less. He's slow, grabs/holds/interferes on most plays, isn't very impressive at tackling or against the run, and had the help of one of the best defensive backfields in college football making him look better than I believe him to be.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I think Dix and Vacarro are similar. Vacarro was overvalued at 16? Was it? Both have range and great closing speed. That closing speed can make up for mistakes. I like Ha Ha but like the rest of you not at 13. Over the years there have been very few Safeties worthy of that high of a pick.