Cliff Avril (From a Lion Fan)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Stanzi

UDFA
Cliff Avril is extremely overrated. I seen some seahawks fans claiming he was the steal of the free agency. He is an slightly above average speed rusher. No rush moves at all outside of the speed. If a halfway decent tackle gets his hands on him he is useless. Suh and Fairley (great DT tandem ) lets Avril enjoy one on one's against the tackles. His money maker is his ability to create turnovers. Usually he just runs himself out the play and is useless versus the run. he is a 3-4 sack player without great inside pressure (which suh and fairley provided often). Plenty of times lawerence Jackson or Willie young were looking just as good as avril. Avril is a situational pass rusher at best. He is a homeless man's Aldon Smith. Im glad we replaced him with a run stopping athletic freak in Ansah who was constantly doubled team in college. You wont have to worry too much about Avril no one from the Detroit fan base is missing him.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Oh. So you're a Lions fan?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Stanzi said:
X said:

Mostly yes, i like the rams as well there fans are nice not a-holes.
Okay, cool. Do you know our other Lions fan that lurks around here on occasion?
His name is Iron Lion.

Stanzi

UDFA
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
X said:
Stanzi said:
X said:

His name is Iron Lion.

haha we both post at detroitlionsforum.com

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Stanzi said:
X said:
Stanzi said:
X said:

His name is Iron Lion.

haha we both post at detroitlionsforum.com
Ha. Tell him to get his lazy ass back over here when the season starts, yeah?
It's good to have you guys around. Y'all are alright in our book ( for now :shifty: ).

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I hear you. That's what some of the other Lions fans were saying. I think Michael Bennett is better than Avril but Bennett also has a torn rotator cuff. Regardless, Seattle better hope they didn't have a "dream team" off-season. I still don't believe in that pass rush.

Thanks for the info, Stanzi.

biggame1190

Starter
Name
CB
I know I was not too impressed with Avril in our game against Detroit last season.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
In general I thought Avril was kind of a meh acquisition. Good to see someone who has watched him play has the same view.

And welcome aboard Stanzi.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Ooh... bye the way Paulie... nice touch being able to respond with the thread still up above.

A55VA6

Legend
I've always looked at Avril as a rotation guy. He's not that great either.

Stanzi

UDFA
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I laughed when cliff left, he's not that good as an overall de he is a one trick pony