Cleveland taking Kessler in round 3...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
He's polished but he just doesn't have the upside imo. I saw a small QB who was easily rattled with an underwhelming arm and athletic ability. Struck me as a career backup type. Can manage the game well. Smart QB. Will do well in the locker-room. But too limited to be a full time starter.
Sounds like Brady

Negatives: Poor build. Very skinny and narrow. Ended the '99 season weighing 195 pounds and still looks like a rail at 211. Looks a little frail and lacks great physical stature and strength. Can get pushed down more easily than you'd like. Lacks mobility and ability to avoid the rush. Lacks a really strong arm. Can't drive the ball down the field and does not throw a really tight spiral. System-type player who can get exposed if he must ad-lib and do things on his own.

Summary: Is not what you're looking for in terms of physical stature, strength, arm strength and mobility, but he has the intangibles and production and showed great Griese-like improvement as a senior. Could make it in the right system but will not be for everyone.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sounds like Brady

Negatives: Poor build. Very skinny and narrow. Ended the '99 season weighing 195 pounds and still looks like a rail at 211. Looks a little frail and lacks great physical stature and strength. Can get pushed down more easily than you'd like. Lacks mobility and ability to avoid the rush. Lacks a really strong arm. Can't drive the ball down the field and does not throw a really tight spiral. System-type player who can get exposed if he must ad-lib and do things on his own.

Summary: Is not what you're looking for in terms of physical stature, strength, arm strength and mobility, but he has the intangibles and production and showed great Griese-like improvement as a senior. Could make it in the right system but will not be for everyone.

Frankly, those knocks sound more like the knocks on Goff than Kessler. Especially since Brady was 6'5" 211 rather than 6'1" 211.

Kessler received stellar protection from that USC OL. The few times I saw teams really get after him, he got rattled and looked quite bad. Watch the Washington game. They were in his face and pressuring him a lot. He fell apart. One of the few games where he faced the type of pressure Goff faced in most games.

It's hard for me to put a lot of faith in him with that issue. If he had Goff's poise under pressure, I'd be a big fan of his. But with his physical limitations and problems with handling pressure, I just don't see him as a long term starter.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Frankly, those knocks sound more like the knocks on Goff than Kessler. Especially since Brady was 6'5" 211 rather than 6'1" 211.

Kessler received stellar protection from that USC OL. The few times I saw teams really get after him, he got rattled and looked quite bad. Watch the Washington game. They were in his face and pressuring him a lot. He fell apart. One of the few games where he faced the type of pressure Goff faced in most games.

It's hard for me to put a lot of faith in him with that issue. If he had Goff's poise under pressure, I'd be a big fan of his. But with his physical limitations and problems with handling pressure, I just don't see him as a long term starter.
Good thing the Rams didn't hire Jackson like you wanted, because you might be saddled with Kessler right now.
LMBO.

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
Kessler got out played by my boy Joel Stave in their final game.

He's the real treasure here.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Good thing the Rams didn't hire Jackson like you wanted, because you might be saddled with Kessler right now.
LMBO.

Dude... IF the Rams had drafted Kessler as their QB I would have lost my $h!t.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Dude... IF the Rams had drafted Kessler as their QB I would have lost my $h!t.
Yeah, just goes to show that everything happens for a reason. All roads over the past 4 years have led us to this moment in time.
It's the beginning of the run, baby!

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
LMBO.

I dunno. Rumors were that Jackson wanted Goff which is why they traded down after we traded up. ;)

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I dunno. Rumors were that Jackson wanted Goff which is why they traded down after we traded up. ;)
Yeah, I don't know about that. Seems like they absolutely needed all of those picks after the fire sale the preceded the draft.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
True, analytics are pretty tough on highly drafted QBs in situations where the rest of the team isn't matured, yet.

The analytics is likely heavily favoring building the rest of the team.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Kessler is the fourth round version of Goff. The Browns missed on Goff so they took Kessler too soon. I think Coach Jackson will be taking a first round QB after a year of working with RGIII and Kessler.

Logy

UDFA
Name
Logy
I'm unsure about Kessler. The last decent professional quarterback to come out of USC is Carson Palmer and he was drafted 13 years ago. I also believe that he was the last USC quarterback to have played on a losing college team. It appears that he elevated the level of the team in his last years there. Then they had a run where they have been stacked with top recruits and have had multiple players drafted in early rounds. However the last few years their pro prospects have been down and they haven't been setting the world on fire so there is a chance that Kessler has been keeping the team looking better than they are as opposed to the previous quarterbacks whose teams made them look better than they were.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
IMO, Cleveland is going to regret not making better use of this QB class. IMO, there were 5 QBs that they could have drafted and developed that had the potential to be a solid starter or better. Cleveland went after none of them. They took a career backup imo.

Rams broke their heart trading up to take Goff, Hue Jackson and all the analytical guys they hired were totally sold on Goff even after the signing of RGIII, they have not recovered IMO.