Cleveland serious about trading out?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Cowherd reporting the Browns have concerns about Wentz. Too much they don't know about him. In other words he is too much of a risk to use the second overall pick on. Too many unanswerable questions.

They now like Goff better but apparently think he will be there in a small trade down. But, if they cannot trade the pick, they would take Goff.

So, then both top two QBs will be gone early because Dallas likely takes Wentz. That would raise demand for Lynch.

Not buying it. I think Cleveland knows that Wentz is gone by the 2nd pick.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Unfortunately I have a suspicion that we are trading down with Denver if Lynch is still on the board at 15,
I would be okay with that if we can't land one of the top 2 QB's, although i would draft Treadwell if he was still there.
I PRAY that if Lynch is there at #15 the Rams do any number of things besides draft the guy.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Not buying it. I think Cleveland knows that Wentz is gone by the 2nd pick.

Well, they pick second and if they don't like him that much then they could trade the pick to a team like Dallas and move down a few spots and still get Goff. If Dallas doesn't bite they figure that means the Cowboys don't want to take a QB so they talk to the next team behind them that wants the pick to take Wentz. Then in their place, maybe it is San Francisco at 7 they can pick Goff.

Their thinking is that everyone see Wentz as the top QB. They rather have Goff (or are fine with either). So why not put out feelers and trade down for extra picks.

I would guess that trading all the way back to 15 wouldn't be in their plan, unless they like some other QB that they know they can get in round 2, because they would miss out on both Wentz and Goff in that scenario.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

No doubt. But you know the Broncos aren't the team that scares me with Lynch. Buffalo is.

Under Greg Roman they could probably start Lynch in his rookie season and use him like he used Kaepernick in SF with simplified reads not to mention rollouts using half the field. Roman's very, very good at maximizing what he has at QB. So IMO the real threat is Buffalo, who will be able to easily move up ahead of the Rams to take Lynch if he makes it to the teens.

Another team to watch out for is Chicago. John Fox is no fool, and for a defensive guy he has a great grasp of offense. He knows that Cutler isn't his long term answer, and I think Lynch might be in play for them. You just don't normally have guys with his talent level staring you in the face outside the top ten very often and it's a need for them plus Cutler makes for a nice bridge QB while Lynch learns the offense.

The Rams will probably need to move up if they covet Lynch. Sucks, but it is what it is, QBs are a premium.

rams56

Bleeding Rams Blue and Gold
Name
Steve

That's why I said that if he was still on the board when we draft at 15 that I thought we would trade.... not very often does a trade for spots in the draft happen before draft day unless it's for 1 overall.....it's just a gut feeling. ..;)

Go Rams........ ;)

Last edited:

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
No doubt. But you know the Broncos aren't the team that scares me with Lynch. Buffalo is.

Under Greg Roman they could probably start Lynch in his rookie season and use him like he used Kaepernick in SF with simplified reads not to mention rollouts using half the field. Roman's very, very good at maximizing what he has at QB. So IMO the real threat is Buffalo, who will be able to easily move up ahead of the Rams to take Lynch if he makes it to the teens.

Another team to watch out for is Chicago. John Fox is no fool, and for a defensive guy he has a great grasp of offense. He knows that Cutler isn't his long term answer, and I think Lynch might be in play for them. You just don't normally have guys with his talent level staring you in the face outside the top ten very often and it's a need for them plus Cutler makes for a nice bridge QB while Lynch learns the offense.

The Rams will probably need to move up if they covet Lynch. Sucks, but it is what it is, QBs are a premium.
A trade down with the Jets could net the Rams a 3rd & 5th round selections along with the Jets first rd #20 in this yr draft. Provides Snead with one 1st rd'er #20 two 2nds two 3rd's & gives Snead a 5th rd selection back.

A trade down with Denver might net a 2nd & 3rd rd'ers along with the first rd #31 pick. Just might provide the Rams with one 1st rd'er, three 2nd rd'ers & two 3rd rd'ers SIX selections in the first two day of the draft!

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
A trade down with the Jets could net the Rams a 3rd & 5th round selections along with the Jets first rd #20 in this yr draft. Provides Snead with one 1st rd'er #20 two 2nds two 3rd's & gives Snead a 5th rd selection back.

A trade down with Denver might net a 2nd & 3rd rd'ers along with the first rd #31 pick. Just might provide the Rams with one 1st rd'er, three 2nd rd'ers & two 3rd rd'ers SIX selections in the first two day of the draft!

I think I could get on board with that. Throw in a first next year and sign that deal.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Cowherd reporting the Browns have concerns about Wentz. Too much they don't know about him. In other words he is too much of a risk to use the second overall pick on. Too many unanswerable questions.

They now like Goff better but apparently think he will be there in a small trade down. But, if they cannot trade the pick, they would take Goff.

So, then both top two QBs will be gone early because Dallas likely takes Wentz. That would raise demand for Lynch.
If the Browns like Goff then Wentz is a guaranteed the
Hall of fame.