Cleveland looks like a logical trading partner

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bluecollarram

Starter
Name
Dave
Thanks. I know, QB has been a touchy subject in Cleveland since 1999..so I feel your pain. Without Gordon they would suck but don't let that skew the reality that with or without Gordon that the QB is still mediocre. QBs have to work with what they have and especially a guy that is selected number 1 in the draft and being paid 17 million should be able to carry a team and raise the play of the talent around him. I have heard all the excuses in Cleveland with QBs, it's the line, it's the receivers, he has to learn a new offense, he has no running game, etc. Then a guy like Anderson comes in and the line gives up 5 sacks the rest of the year or a guy like Hoyer comes in and gets the ball out on time and hits players in stride, throws beyond the marker for a first down, etc. If you want my honest opinion about Bradford, he reminds me of Jason Campbell. Has a great arm and all the skill in the world but he will always be an average QB. He is afraid to throw downfield but I bet in St. Louis you guys say that the receivers can't get open or that he doesn't have the right weapons on the outside or no time to throw. Instead he dinks and dunks down the field. Bradford isn't a bad QB but does anyone think he is or can be an elite QB after 4 years of watching him? Can you put your faith in him to not derail a season by staying healthy?

I never would have drafted a 30 year old QB in the first round and I certainly wouldn't have made an outlandish offer for Griffin. I would have given up that bounty for Luck for sure though. There are some good QBs this year throughout the draft and not much separates them from the top 3 that everyone talks about.
I guess we'll have to wait and see on the Cambell comparison, not likely to be that bad. The Browns need to get a plan and stick to it. Rebuilding for 15 years just isn't getting it done. Maybe this is the year. I say that about the Rams every year.

Flash

UDFA
they aren't that impressive with Gordon, theres a reason they are drafting 4th.
And yet Cleveland's passing game with no RB and missing Gordon for two games with a combination of Weeden, Campbell, and Hoyer ranked 11th compared to the Rams who ranked 26th.

Rams drafts
08-2nd
09-2nd
10-1st
11-14th
12-6th
13-8th

Last edited:

bluecollarram

Starter
Name
Dave
And yet Cleveland's passing game with no RB and missing Gordon for two games with a combination of Weeden, Campbell, and Hoyer ranked 11th compared to the Rams who ranked 26th.
Yeah you throw a lot when behind and trade your RB.

tonyl711

Starter
Yeah, you don't think if they wanted him that we couldn't have had him? With two picks in the first? There is a reason the bidding was cut off and it wasn't because Snyder and Snead had a deal. They had to make it look like they were trying to get him because we had Colt McCoy as the starter. We passed on Tannehill and they wanted Richardson badly which is why they traded to move one spot and wanted Weeden because they thought he was mature and talented enough to step in day one to be competitive. You believe everything you hear?
they wanted him, it was a give us your best offer right now no negotiations deal, whoever offered the most in that bid was getting the deal. no ok they offered you this so we will counter with this, that's common knowledge (at least in these parts), so no there was no bidding war, it was a throw your best hand on the table thing and Holmgren underestimated Snyders stupidity.

tonyl711

Starter
did you guys play 10 games against top 10 Defenses? no, we did. think that might make a difference? were your WRs and RBs all first and second year players? no, ours were, think that might make a difference? and even with our "shitty QBs" pretty much splitting the season, we are drafting at #13, while you and your " no need for a QB team" are drafting #4, what happened?

Flash

UDFA
did you guys play 10 games against top 10 Defenses? no, we did. think that might make a difference? were your WRs and RBs all first and second year players? no, ours were, think that might make a difference? and even with our "shitty QBs" pretty much splitting the season, we are drafting at #13, while you and your " no need for a QB team" are drafting #4, what happened?
I already showed you how Bradford faired against two teams ranked 26th in defense and the 32 ranked defense compared to how he faired against the other teams. Not to mention Houston who gave up 420 something odd points this year.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I already showed you how Bradford faired against two teams ranked 26th in defense and the 32 ranked defense compared to how he faired against the other teams. Not to mention Houston who gave up 420 something odd points this year.
Flash ,one super hero to another GFYS

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Flash ,one super hero to another GFYS
It's not worth it, Thor. I've seen that rationale before, and there's no reasoning with people who go that route. The last person who took the same template of criticisms and tried to make them stick was on here three times under different names, and his analysis was all mathematical. The majority of Rams fans who've seen Sam play, and are objectively and intimately familiar with the flux this team has been in for the past few years ... know better than to use math to qualify something.

tonyl711

Starter
how he fared huh? pretty sure he was either rated top 10 or close to it when he got hurt. and I guess you will just ignore the 10 games against top 10 defenses, and how with our shitty QBs we are still drafting 13 and you 4, and if you had any clue of how the Rams games went last year you would know that Sam would have won at least 2 more games if we had him in there last season as the back up, Clemons is not a very good QB (kind of reminds me of a Browns QB) cant throw anything deep, you also chose to ignore the fact that our WRs were all first or second year players some who were playing their first ever NFL games with Sam in there, They grew up a little after he went down, watch what he does with them next year, I have the feeling you will wish Sam was a Brown, just like Holmgren did 3 years ago, lol.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
It's not worth it, Thor. I've seen that rationale before, and there's no reasoning with people who go that route. The last person who took the same template of criticisms and tried to make them stick was on here three times under different names, and his analysis was all mathematical. The majority of Rams fans who've seen Sam play, and are objectively and intimately familiar with the flux this team has been in for the past few years ... know better than to use math to qualify something.
Yeah I agree I was just modeling for the rest of the board how a true died in the wool troll should be received.
He's certainly here to stir the pot and only that ,I don't and haven't pretended otherwise ,under "normal circumstances" a guy like him would have been set straight about this sort of behavior and not been allowed to get the feeding frenzy going,I attribute a lot of that to the mass influx of new guys who themselves are still being assimilated.

I think you are correct I've taken the wrong avenue, thanks for the input.

tonyl711

Starter
that's my point, they need a new QB, that's all I was saying from jump street but he took that as let me pile on Sam, well I felt the need to tell him why Sams numbers weren't better.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
Ya know never in my life have I trolled another teams football board,ya gotta want trouble if you do.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Holmgren didn't really try to get Griffin..it was a show for the fans and they had there eye on Weeden the whole time and had him and TRich in together on a visit. Don't believe everything you read.

Right. He WANTED Weeden. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

BTW - Not sure why you posted above with a response but had it look like it was from me. A mistake no doubt. Wanna go in and edit it so it is obvious it's from you?

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
What's Ponder got to do with the Browns?
That teams reach for QBs. Not directed at the Browns per se - just comments that teams don't go after QBs and move them up on your board. Does anyone really think Minn had Ponder that high on their board? Or was it because he was a QB and they needed a QB. Teams do it all the time and the Browns are not immune to it because they NEED a QB.