Cleveland looks like a logical trading partner

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Hey Flash - You know who the Ohio comedian John Caparulo is? He absolutely cracks me up talking about being a Browns fan. If you haven't seen him - he has a couple shows on Netflix.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I feel the same after looking at some of these mock drafts and listening to people defend a 4th year 1st overall pick with an 18-30-1 record, a below 60%completion percentage and nearly a 1-1 TD to TO ratio and below an 80 RB rating.
Yeah but who the freak asked you,I know I was only talking to the people who are here to talk about the Rams and do so respectfully ,so as far as I'm concerned sonny you're dismissed.

Ram_of_Old

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I hope we put some more depth on the O line. If Sam has time and stays healthy he will be a top five QB. The D with Williams as DC will be a force. Keeping Sam unsoiled is key.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I feel the same after looking at some of these mock drafts and listening to people defend a 4th year 1st overall pick with an 18-30-1 record, a below 60%completion percentage and nearly a 1-1 TD to TO ratio and below an 80 RB rating.

Yeah but who the freak asked you,I know I was only talking to the people who are here to talk about the Rams and do so respectfully ,so as far as I'm concerned sonny you're dismissed.

Thor's definitely got a point there Flash. You were expecting us to extol the virtues of Browns QBs and not speak up for our own? Might want to check your expectations. BTW - How many of Bradford's games have you watched?

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
I don't think Bradford is better than Couch and certainly not statistically, heck..even Kelly Holcomb and Derek Anderson took us to the Playoffs something Bradford hasn't done in 4 years.
Ah. There's the problem right there. The people picking the QBs in Cleveland the last 20 years all think like you.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Ah. There's the problem right there. The people picking the QBs in Cleveland the last 20 years all think like you.
And yet - they wanted to trade for Bradford and they were willing to give a pretty sweetheart deal but the Rams said no.

Flash

UDFA
I have seen enough of Bradford's games and he doesn't impress me. I wasn't expecting anything, trash talking started and I returned fire. That's not what I came here for and I can take a good Cleveland joke as much as the next guy..(see Tony). But when Thor comes at me and says Cleveland and Logical thinking is an oxymoron and I give it back then he poopoos. He can get bent for all I care as he is the only one who's post had nothing to do with football.

Btw..thanks for the video, funny stuff. lol

Last edited:

Flash

UDFA
And yet - they wanted to trade for Bradford and they were willing to give a pretty sweetheart deal but the Rams said no.
Holmgren didn't really try to get Griffin..it was a show for the fans and they had there eye on Weeden the whole time and had him and TRich in together on a visit. Don't believe everything you read.

Flash

UDFA
And yet, Bradford stats aren't much better than an expansion team QB. Maybe you should look in the mirror.

Flash

UDFA
I think things will clear up closer to the draft. I think if people want to move up Clowney will be the first target.

bluecollarram

Starter
Name
Dave
Thor doesn't have a point. He said he is here to talk Rams football and yet his post that I replied to had absolutely nothing to do with Rams football and nothing to do with football all together.

I have seen enough of Bradford's games and he doesn't impress me. I wasn't expecting anything, trash talking started and I returned fire. That's not what I came here for and I can take a good Cleveland joke as much as the next guy..(see Tony). But when Thor comes at me and says Cleveland and Logical thinking is an oxymoron and I give it back then he poopoos. He can get bent for all I care as he is the only one who's post had nothing to do with football.
Flash, sup, you have been a good sport on here. The Bradford subject is touchy in St. Louis. IMO he has shown the skills to be very good despite team limitations. Most would suggest if recent QB's were in his situation they would look worse than him. Give him White, Jones, and Gonzo his numbers balloon. WR's like Megatron, Marshall, Green make QB's look much better. What would your QB's numbers look like without Gordon?

tonyl711

Starter
Flash, sup, you have been a good sport on here. The Bradford subject is touchy in St. Louis. IMO he has shown the skills to be very good despite team limitations. Most would suggest if recent QB's were in his situation they would look worse than him. Give him White, Jones, and Gonzo his numbers balloon. WR's like Megatron, Marshall, Green make QB's look much better. What would your QB's numbers look like without Gordon?
they aren't that impressive with Gordon, theres a reason they are drafting 4th.

tonyl711

Starter
Holmgren didn't really try to get Griffin..it was a show for the fans and they had there eye on Weeden the whole time and had him and TRich in together on a visit. Don't believe everything you read.
lmao, really? yeah they put that bid in because they didn't want to win it right? that's rich, thanks for the laugh.

Flash

UDFA
Thanks. I know, QB has been a touchy subject in Cleveland since 1999..so I feel your pain. Without Gordon they would suck but don't let that skew the reality that with or without Gordon that the QB is still mediocre. QBs have to work with what they have and especially a guy that is selected number 1 in the draft and being paid 17 million should be able to carry a team and raise the play of the talent around him. I have heard all the excuses in Cleveland with QBs, it's the line, it's the receivers, he has to learn a new offense, he has no running game, etc. Then a guy like Anderson comes in and the line gives up 5 sacks the rest of the year or a guy like Hoyer comes in and gets the ball out on time and hits players in stride, throws beyond the marker for a first down, etc. If you want my honest opinion about Bradford, he reminds me of Jason Campbell. Has a great arm and all the skill in the world but he will always be an average QB. He is afraid to throw downfield but I bet in St. Louis you guys say that the receivers can't get open or that he doesn't have the right weapons on the outside or no time to throw. Instead he dinks and dunks down the field. Bradford isn't a bad QB but does anyone think he is or can be an elite QB after 4 years of watching him? Can you put your faith in him to not derail a season by staying healthy?

I never would have drafted a 30 year old QB in the first round and I certainly wouldn't have made an outlandish offer for Griffin. I would have given up that bounty for Luck for sure though. There are some good QBs this year throughout the draft and not much separates them from the top 3 that everyone talks about.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
And yet, Bradford stats aren't much better than an expansion team QB. Maybe you should look in the mirror.
Well, you're somewhat limited in what you can offer as valid analysis, seeing as you're a Browns fan and are using stats as the basis of your analysis. Could you maybe list the Rams games you watched (in full) and give some sort of detailed scouting report based on that.

Flash

UDFA
lmao, really? yeah they put that bid in because they didn't want to win it right? that's rich, thanks for the laugh.
Yeah, you don't think if they wanted him that we couldn't have had him? With two picks in the first? There is a reason the bidding was cut off and it wasn't because Snyder and Snead had a deal. They had to make it look like they were trying to get him because we had Colt McCoy as the starter. We passed on Tannehill and they wanted Richardson badly which is why they traded to move one spot and wanted Weeden because they thought he was mature and talented enough to step in day one to be competitive. You believe everything you hear?