Clemens.. Stand up proud!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

theramsruleUK

Pro Bowler
As soon as Sam went down, I was fairly convinced that was it for us. A few wins maybe. I wasn't expecting much, just hoping that we could play some good football.

I knew that the playoffs were a long long shot, but what I was more concerned about was that this new young team wouldn't "know how to win" and close games out from winning positions, ready for next year when sam is back.

Thanks to Clemens, this team has continued its upward trend from when sam got injured... He knows the team well, has got the trust and love from his teammates, and he's surprised many (myself included) with his range of passing. As well as being a real nice guy and tough as hell.

Fair play to him, he's done an amazing job in difficult circumstances. I think he's earned the right to stick around next year.

Salute

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I have to believe if he would of been forced to start the season, he would of beat Seattle and Tennessee by that time in the season. But of course, who knows what he would of done the first part of the season. He's done a very serviceable job! :bigup:

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I've said before; Clemens has especially impressed me protecting the football. I expected more interceptions, for sure.

He's nimble in the pocket and gritty.

His accuracy is still dicey... And he's not pushed the ball downfield much.

At the end of the day; dude has represented the Rams proud.

Alan

Legend
Ramhusker with a shocker:
I have to believe if he would of been forced to start the season, he would of beat Seattle and Tennessee by that time in the season. But of course, who knows what he would of done the first part of the season. He's done a very serviceable job! :bigup:
So you're saying that you think Clemens is better than SB? :wow:

Or are you talking about the completely different play selection used by Schotty?

RamzFanz

Damnit
Quality guy and an asset to the team. A win in Seattle and an 8-8 finish would be fantastic for him.

Lesson

Oh, really?
He's usually improved on a week to week basis. He definitely deserves props for his play this season. I'd still like to see an upgrade possibly in terms of QB depth next season, but I hope that's he brought back to be the backup or 3rd string QB behind Bradford.

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
I just wish he came at a wee bit cheaper price. I guess he's earned it

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
$840K for the guy pulling the trigger in your offense for 9 games this year. Same thing the bears are paying McCown?????

Seems pretty reasonable to me.

fearsomefour

Legend
$840K for the guy pulling the trigger in your offense for 9 games this year. Same thing the bears are paying McCown?????

Seems pretty reasonable to me.
Vet minimum pretty much. A guy like Jason Campbell, also a servicable vet backup type guy, is going for about 1.3 or so. I would resign Clemons asap. The Rams can still draft a developmental guy, but, Kellen has certainly proven capable enough if getting starter snaps. Also, the Rams sent him to help scout out Bailey, so, obviously quite a bit of trust there. Resign him and draft a kid to develop over the next couple of years.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Vet minimum pretty much. A guy like Jason Campbell, also a servicable vet backup type guy, is going for about 1.3 or so. I would resign Clemens asap. The Rams can still draft a developmental guy, but, Kellen has certainly proven capable enough if getting starter snaps. Also, the Rams sent him to help scout out Bailey, so, obviously quite a bit of trust there. Resign him and draft a kid to develop over the next couple of years.
I see no reason not to resign Clemens, the coaches trust him the players play for him the team can win with him running the show it's all good. I guess it depends on what they think about Bradford's recovery and Clemens longevity on whether they use a draft pick and a developmental guy this year or wait until next year. Also who is coming out and who is available when the pick. I would not use anything higher than a 4th round pick, there are still upgrades to be had and the Oline is now a huge problem if Saffold is not resigned.

fearsomefour

Legend
I see no reason not to resign Clemens, the coaches trust him the players play for him the team can win with him running the show it's all good. I guess it depends on what they think about Bradford's recovery and Clemens longevity on whether they use a draft pick and a developmental guy this year or wait until next year. Also who is coming out and who is available when the pick. I would not use anything higher than a 4th round pick, there are still upgrades to be had and the Oline is now a huge problem if Saffold is not resigned.
Yeah, agreed. When I say a developmental guy I mean a 6th or 7th round pick. The kid from Utah State I love, Fales from San Jose St has gotten some love lately but with an early run on QBs and his average size and arm strength I think he can be had 5th or 6th round.

JIMERAMS

Pro Bowler
Name
Bill
Clemens has done a great job but don't kid yourself. Without the running game and the D stepping up we would be O fer.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
If I'm going for a developmental guy I would look for a big strong smart kid that needs help with footwork and can be stashed for 2 or 3 years. I don't know if they really have a coach who can develop someone or not.

The whole team has come miles from the beginning of this year, made me not miss SJ39 and calmed me down about the D regressing. I think they have shown they are on the rise overall and there will be good years ahead for this organization and the fans

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
I definitely want Clemens back next year as our #2. Hopefully he wont have to play at all, but it he does, he's at least good enough to win a few games when the rest of the team plays at a high level.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I like the way Clemens handles himself. His post game presser today was well done...paraphrasing, but basically said how much he likes this team and its a great fit for him...wants to finish up strong against Seattle and is excited to see number 8 get back out there. Seems like a true team player.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
So you're saying that you think Clemens is better than SB? :wow:

Or are you talking about the completely different play selection used by Schotty?
What? NO I mean KC would of been in the groove by the time he hit the Seattle game and probably have led the Rams to the win in that one and the Titans game. Meaning if Bradford had been hurt earlier, Clemens would have more time to jell with the 1st string and yes maybe the play calling would have changed quicker also. I just hope next year the coaches have taken note and let Bradford lead an offense more similar to what they gave KC to run. The sky is the limit!

Alan

Legend
Thanks, now I understand.
But where would we have been had Schotty got his head out and SB didn't get injured? If I'm gonna wish for something that's what I'd wish for.

fearsomefour

Legend
Based on the Rams not being able to keep him or not wanting him? I dont see an alternative in FA that is both an upgrade and affordable in comparison and a rookie that is drafted will need time.